Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I took a few swings at it with Nord, but wasn’t able to get much luck. I’ll just wait it out I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

GrandpaPants posted:

When are the Megaman Legends games coming?

Asked me and p much no one else.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

What are they trying to say here? It released at 1PM Eastern on a weekday, check back in a few hours once people get off work. That said, of course it's not in the top 10; there are only so many HMDs to begin with.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

What's aggravating is that no one has released numbers on HMDs sold to my knowledge. The Quest allegedly did gangbusters but folks have to make approximations based off of utilities like SteamStats and whatnot. 40k might be great numbers, but they don't mean much without context before a given threshold of numbers. I assume that would have to be some factor of a million players or the like.

To her credit she says about as much later in that thread. There were some claims about this doubling/tripling sales, but I don't think any sane person actually believed that; and that was before this virus business and the impending/ongoing recession. If anything of that nature does happen, it'll be happening on the Quest and likely from the folks at Oculus.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 23, 2020

Warbird
May 23, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

I'll wait for someone to eventually hack it together then play it instead

Frameworks like VRTK have mouse driven controllers in them so devs don't have to go and put on the HMD for each test run. I'd give it the weekend before someone has something put together.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

been playing Receiver 2 and im really enjoying it so far, might do an effort post about it later but its a huge jump in quality from the first one. However, there is one aspect of the game i think needs to be mentioned for other people:

:siren:AVOID THIS GAME IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY DEALING WITH SUICIDE IDEATION!!!:siren:

The game does have a tiny warning at the start about this, but im serious, this game might set someone over the edge if they didnt know about this. Big gameplay/story spoilers follow:

The game is an fps rougelike and the objective for each run is to collect X amount of tapes. The tapes usually give backstory about the current situation and what Receivers are, but there are also basically suicide tapes sprinkled in as well. The content of these tapes is usually some character lamenting about being depressed and then saying that they are going to kill themselves or something to that affect. Once you start to listen to the tape, your character will then take their gun and start to turn it on themselves. If you dont unload your weapon in time, you will kill yourself. Ive never seen a game do this and it was extremely unnerving and intense. A big theme in the game is firearm safety, oddly enough, and I think they did this to drive home how unsafe firearms can be, especially if you are suffering from depression.

Still really like the game, but i think this is something that will upset some people. Really dont want this part to sneak up on people that could be seriously affected by it.

On one hand, that's totally hosed up and I totally get that it would not be received well by some folks, and rightfully so. On the other, that's loving wild. The only other game I could think of with similar mechanics is [spoiler]Super Hot[/spolier]. They're going to get some serious poo poo for this I bet.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Can I play Half-Life Alyx with an Oculus Quest?

Oh for sure. It may not be 100% the best way to play it, but it certainly can be done.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Lord Lambeth posted:

It looks like someone is making a game for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAVoHFRytOQ

I'm sure this won't get instanuked by a bunch of bored lawyers.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I’ve been mulling over getting one of those fancy XBox pro or whatever controllers to use with the desktop since the old 360 pad has been moved to the stream link by the couch (Personer Gold, yo). Does anyone here use one or should I just spring for a DualShock 4? I have one already and am happy enough with it, but it’s dedicated to use with a raspberry pi emulation thingy.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Has anyone had hands on time with Zelter? I saw it pop up today and thought it looked pretty neat.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

How is Teardown as far as controller support? I usually do my thing via steam link now so controller support is a must.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Is there a Weird West thread? I’m on mobile and can’t search; didn’t see one scrolling through games for a bit.

Game is pretty good but needs a bug fix pass or two. That and some more modular bits for towns would be appreciated as well.