Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Is Microsoft Store/Xbox Beta crap with game downloads for anyone else? It'll download for one minute before an error occurs (apparently losing connection to the server, but I have no issues with Steam or anything else). I've tried looking stuff up online (clearing the cache, resetting the apps) but it still is poo poo. Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Mierenneuker posted:

You only need the Xbox Beta to start the downloads, from there on it's all Microsoft Store. Beyond inconsistent download speeds, I definitely had other problems with at times. Some were fixed by restarting Windows. The ones were nothing seemed to work were solved by updating Windows first and then the apps.

It's also weird with free DLC, to the point where it might be better to just wait with downloading those until you've finished downloading the game itself.
Thanks, I'll give updating a shot.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Mierenneuker posted:

You only need the Xbox Beta to start the downloads, from there on it's all Microsoft Store. Beyond inconsistent download speeds, I definitely had other problems with at times. Some were fixed by restarting Windows. The ones were nothing seemed to work were solved by updating Windows first and then the apps.

It's also weird with free DLC, to the point where it might be better to just wait with downloading those until you've finished downloading the game itself.
Cheers for this advice, it solved the issue.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I have a strange desire to buy Euro Truck Simulator 2 despite knowing nothing about trucks or simulators. It seems like a really nice thing to do while listening to podcasts. I don't like doing it while playing games that need too much attention that you stop listening.

So first, is it good for that, and second, that or American Truck Simulator?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Thanks for both of your posts. I think the lure of the American countryside has won me over. I'll pick it up.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Can anyone confirm without spelling things out: in Death's Door is the draining of the Overgrown Ruins lake with the chest in it tied to doing something in the Flooded Fortress? I've scoured both areas and can't find anything except some hookshot poles out of reach in the lower right parts of FF. I have the hookshot but not any ability (if any) after that.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

ymgve posted:

It is not. There are some secrets that require a certain event to happen and (light spoiler) that event is after beating the final boss
Cool, thanks.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

ymgve posted:

Also, in case you haven't figured out the circles on the ground yet, (requirement spoiler, not mechanics) you do not need a tool to use them, they are usable from the very start of the game
Oh poo poo, okay. Will mess around with them next I play.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

ymgve posted:

Also, in case you haven't figured out the circles on the ground yet, (requirement spoiler, not mechanics) you do not need a tool to use them, they are usable from the very start of the game
I tried to figure this out but had to bite and look it up. I think I would've figured it out if it made a sound and little animation like a plate being pressed down but as it stands I was not clever enough.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Anyone able to tell me about Titan Souls now that I'm finishing up Death's Door? I tried it years ago when I got it free and just recall it being a very open ended world and difficult. I've really liked DD and want to give TS a proper try if it's worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

FishMcCool posted:

Haven't played DD, but Titan Souls is... strange. It's a slow and atmospheric walk across a mostly dead pixel art overworld, with gimmick boss fights gating zone progression. The gimmick is that you have a single arrow to shoot, as well as a power to pull it back to you. And bosses, as far as I have been, can all be one-shot. Finding the time/spot for that one-shot is each fight's gimmick. I haven't finished it, think I'm stuck at a water serpent that I couldn't figure out at the time, but it's been a neat experience. If you enjoy sad/lonely pixel art exploration, that might be your thing. It reminds me a lot of Hyper Light Drifter in terms of mood. And the combat isn't mob spam, it's unique boss after unique boss, so no two fights are ever the same.

I wouldn't pay full price for it but it's 90% off on Humble right now.

It's coming back to me now from your description. Very different from Death's Door, a very good Zelda-ish adventure with tough but fair combat and a light humorous tone. I'll definitely check TS out again.