Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Oxxidation posted:

i've played two of anthony case's games and i have to ask - is this guy ESL, or are his games all full of hyperactive babytalk because he's just like that

I read this as casey anthony at first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
X-COM: The Bureau is well worth 4 clams.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Praetorians just got a remaster :psyduck:

I am cool with Ubisoft+ for a month but no way I'd sub for longer. Origin Access is five bucks and gives you way more games. I got to play Breathedge.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I hope Wolcen is good. Been playing Grim Dawn for three goddamn years.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Got back into Hunt Showdown and I am reminded of how funny a lot of the randos I play with are. The best is when they roleplay as a hillbilly. There have been some real assholes but is a lot people, especially higher levels, having a goof.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Kyle Crane sucked on ice.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

DatonKallandor posted:

Yeah it's a shame they're disappearing up Destiny's rear end in a top hat. Especially when it comes to things that Bungie is absolutely awful at, like player movement and most of the gun feel.

but thats the only thing bungie does well

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
While Guerrilla could've been more immersive I think what they did worked well for the game they made. If you want a game world that feels utterly soulless to wander around, check out Godfather 2. A mechanically interesting game but one of the most lifeless open worlds.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
SOD2 stank at launch but it is much better now.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Looks like Nightdive did something with Sin Gold.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

this is violence

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Is there anything like quakespasm of gzdoom for Unreal?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Jesus gently caress I have been using spacesniffer and Wiztree absolutely obliterates it.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I preferred AC Rogue over Black Flag.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Days Gone is dope

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I meant Return Of Godzilla from 1984. Shin Godzilla is fantastic tho. Shame there won't be a sequel.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Just play Grim Dawn. poo poo even play Van Helsing Final Cut.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Hub Cat posted:

Turok 2 is really only good for nostalgia
Disagree. It has great weapons, fun gore, cool enemy variety and an awesome sountrack. I feel that modern resolutions, no fog and 60 fps has helped contribute to making Turok 2 worth playing in 2020.

Turok 1 on the other hand aged like milk left in the center of the sun.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I bought Renegade Ops, Bionic Commando 09, and The Club on this sale. Had to use the Bulletstorm Xlive fix on the last one due to GFWL but things are otherwise smooth.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Every OC I make is an old rear end man so this is great news.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Yeah ST was very much an evolution of Commandos and Desperado so a new entry being a clone doesn't surprise me.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
i have zero faith in the Mafia 1 remake

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
A goon did Gentlemen Of The Row? Love that mod.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
RE8
Hitman 3
Shadow Man HD
Kingpin remake
XIII remake

I'm in flavor country.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Yea Persona is VN af.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

HopperUK posted:

Goon looking for MMOish RPG that isn't actually an MMO - check out Kingdoms of Amalur. I know it's a bit of a joke but it's pretty, combat is fun and it's huge.

looking forward to the remaster this august

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Omi no Kami posted:

This is a bit of a stretch, but does anyone remember an indie/low-budget scifi game that was basically co-op Alien: Isolation? 1-4 players stuck in a space hulk with Alien-style motion sensors and a scary monster thing? I know for a fact that's somewhere in my backlog, but all I can remember is that the name was long and stupid, like "Super-alpha monster death machine" or something.

Space Beast Terror Fright.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
If you have it and want to play I am absolutely down to play with you. That game is dope and I'd love to play with a goon.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Speaking of Max Payne and Punisher I loaded up the mod for Max Payne 2, Punisher Warzone. Some uh interesting choices were made...

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

StrixNebulosa posted:

I had an absolutely magical moment playing the Forest co-op last night where we were walking down the beach talking about Shadow of the Colossus and I was relating the story of how I traversed that empty open world to go to a beach and it took so long to get there and there was nothing but a beach. Exploration for the sake of it, not to find the marker and such. And as we're talking I spot a cannibal up ahead run out towards the water and go "one... two three, four, OH no back up BACK UP"

We turned around instantly and ran for our lives as there were like eight cannibals and I have never had the sense of fun? adrenaline as I did in that moment where I was having fun but simultaneously terrified because if that pack caught us we would've probably died.

Love The Forest.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Ravenfield is dope. So many mods.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Fargin Icehole posted:

Alright, any recommendations? I played it outta the box and refunded an hour later

I just downloaded what was the most subscribed at the moment. I am currently using the rifle from Aliens to kill spartans from Halo, on the moon, and titanfalling mechs with a beacon grenade. If that sounds cringey there are some really cool war maps and packs. I played a Vietnam map with period accurate uniforms, vehicles and weapons.

I loaded up a Dust2 remake and loaded it with 100 bots. It was insane and I find the AI to be better than I expected. Not great, but decent enough to feel like a fight. There's a lot of emergent moments that remind me of old school Battlefield.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Gonna second that 1.1 is the preferred Outcast update.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Does anyone still play United Offensive multi?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

ZearothK posted:

Seconding this query.

Thirding. I was thinking about dling it off Game Pass last night.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I spend 500 on candy wtf is wrong with that

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

John Murdoch posted:

$20 for Remnant Complete Collection, that sounds too good to be true. Oh wait, it is, the complete collection is like $35 and once again a publisher is, intentionally or not, deceptively advertising on Steam. Valve will presumably never crack down on this until they get sued by an entire country again.

This pissed me off

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I'm gonna play through Andromeda one of these days.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

veni veni veni posted:

I don't know if this is a Steam or Windows question to be honest, but I haven't noticed it ever happening unless I launch something through steam. Sometimes (frequently. like 1 out of 4 times) I will boot up a game via Steam and it will run like absolute poo poo with frames dropping all over. Just totally unplayable. Restarting the game or steam does nothing , but restarting my PC always fixes it. I'm also having issues where sometimes games won't properly close on steam for minutes and I just get the spinning steam logo until it finally closes. Things seem to run fine via Oculus, Epic, Battle.net etc. But steam is just not running well for me lately.

Any ideas what might be causing this? It's manageable but very annoying.

Maybe turning off the steam overlay might help? There has definitely been periods where games would never really close for me. Is your Steam directory an external drive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
This endless coupon thing on Epic is crazy. I just got Satisfactory, BugSnax, Snowrunner and Outer Wilds for under 45 bucks.