Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Thanks for putting a really hard boss behind two scene transitions instead of just putting a checkpoint here, Blasphemous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Nevermind, somebody gave me a nudge. Don't know how I missed that.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Feb 1, 2020

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I thought Dungeon Warfare II might be better than the first one but now it's doing the same BS spinning plate stages where you have to account for everything when it wants you to.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
This is gonna sound like the stupidest thing in the world, but I'm at the part in Claire's route in RE2make where you play as Sherry in the orphanage. I've been okay with zombies, lickers, and Mr. X stomping around, but I really, really don't like this part and would gladly not do it if it's possible. Is there any way to do that or am I SOL?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It's really irritating watching units in Wargroove slowly, slowly creep into your range because the AI refuses to let you get in a shot unless it's one you have to pay for. And then they put gimmick levels in where you have limited units and don't change a thing about it.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
There's no way to rebind the QTEs in Vanquish is there? My E key is working very sporadically, but an early boss has a move that pulls you into a QTE where you have to mash that key or you die, so it's effectively an instant-kill for me.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I copypasted a macro from the Steam forums to see if that would work and it still wasn't fast enough.

I loving hate QTEs.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I can't take any leak that has a Persona 5 port on it seriously, I think it's like the number-one requested game for that and there's never been a real peep about it actually getting one.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Those were ports to other Sony systems.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I keep waiting for Cyber Sleuth to go a liiiittle bit cheaper since I played the first one already.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
MO Astray is worth a pick.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I still love that Vivi and Zidane actually ranked notably higher than Sephiroth of all characters. Even Tidus scored higher.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
https://store.steampowered.com/sale/indiemegabooth Does this imply all these games are leaving Steam, or is it just a poorly thought out sale title?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I can't find the thread for the Xbox Game Pass, has anyone else run into a problem where you just get a blank screen while trying to log in? I bought a month for Ori and can't interact with the app at all now since I can't log in.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Det_no posted:

Try logging in to the Microsoft store app instead. I was stuck in an infinite loading screen with the Xbox App and that fixed it.

If you mean clicking 'launch' on its page on the store that gives me the same thing. I can log into their site just fine but if it's through an app, white screen every time.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I was before without it changing anything, and after logging out as part of a supposed fix I can't log into that either, same issue. I really have no clue.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
For what it's worth 3 kinda turns him being special on its head in a lot of ways. I didn't much care for 2's story in a vacuum either but it's making me appreciate it a bit more.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 05:52 on May 6, 2020

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I got in touch with a Microsoft rep last night who swore up and down the new Windows 10 version would solve my issue - now it just throws up a blank screen right away. Talked to somebody else and he basically had no clue what the issue could be. I would definitely not recommend getting Game Pass after this unless you really like troubleshooting errors that give no explanation.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I thought it was fine on M+KB.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Buying Ori for 30 dollars when it was on sale seemed like a much better deal after the time I spent trying to get the Gamepass app working again.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
My problem is it decided I wasn't allowed to log in and use the service I paid for, so gently caress it. Never had that problem with Steam or GOG.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Grapplejack posted:

This is the most likely one I think. The other possibility is maybe, MAYBE SMT5, which people would loving love

The problem with this is they'd presumably need to actually show something from SMTV while announcing a port for it.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Lt. Lizard posted:

As someone who never owned any console outside of PC and heard a lot of good things about Persona series in the past, do those games still hold up?

Depends: do you like RPGs that let you explore and do the plot at your own pace? Modern Persona games don't really let you do that, you're on an escalator the whole time with your only choices being who you hang out with to boost your stats or when you want to go dungeon-crawling. I actually ended up quitting 3 twice just because waiting for it to let me do stuff toward the end got so tiresome. 4 is a bit less aggravating about it but if you finish the dungeons early you can't advance the plot early since it's designed to only do that at a set in-game date.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Funky Valentine posted:

Honestly that's mostly just 3 having colossally poo poo pacing throughout.

That's true too, but the calendar gameplay does it no favors.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Ainsley McTree posted:

Do you know how far into DBZ Kakarot gets? The screenshots on steam don't show anything past Frieza I don't think, which is where I stopped watching as a teen when it was on Toonami.

Up to the end of Buu, so basically all of Z.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Occultatio posted:

Gonna ask once more in hopes that somebody has played and has opinions on these, especially Wintermoor and Madorica:

I've played a bit of Wintermoor, it's a charming game and pretty light on the tactics stuff if that's what you're worried about. It's basically just move -> hit stuff, and difficulty is basically just how efficiently you can get through a stage.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I wouldn't call Iconoclasts a Metroidvania, or at least not a good Metroidvania, just because the stuff you can collect by re-exploring is pretty lame and doesn't change much about how you play.

The La Mulanas are two very good games in the genre but obviously not for everyone.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
There's basically no stealth, it's just a dumb gimmick boss.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

zedprime posted:

Iconoclasts but every dialog is like the dialog at the final boss would have been just as thematically relevant but I'd miss the 17 year old AP English students talking philosophy past each other style of the current dialog.

iirc the guy who made it has English as his second language, and it definitely shows for a lot of the dialogue - except when Agent Black is talking obviously, since she's the best character.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The scene in Doom Eternal where it shows Doom Guy arriving to the space knights' base after 64 basically in the middle of a PTSD attack, except he's showing that by quoting the goofy lines from the comic, felt to me like Doom Guy being silent but with a ton of personality was an accident in the original, or maybe the person behind that left Id in-between games.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Anyone buy a gift of Lobotomy Corp while it was on sale? I thought it would be on until the sales switched over today.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Definitely, I just forgot.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I feel like if this is in a Disney property, then it really doesn't matter.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
So many sidequests in the main game rule.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If anyone is friends with Helith on Steam I think they got their account jacked too.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Lt. Lizard posted:

It's kinda weird talking about how Fallout franchise ran out of the steam by Fallout 4, when the preceding title was arguably the best Fallout game, period. :v:

The one not made by Bethesda you mean?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I only recall these sales ever starting on Tuesday or Thursday, dunno where everyone's getting Wednesday from.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I don't know what exactly they expected to happen if their reaction to China (because it totally was China) being angry is to immediately bend the knee. Did they miss why it got delisted to begin with?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Doesn't R still have that one pretty offensive scene but basically just taped over it by having them say something else in English?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'm playing Fell Seal and I think I'm fairly early in the game - do you ever start being able to deal with enemies without your entire team focusing on one at a time? I got to a hold the line mission and it sucks since everything is so spongey.