Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Just finished life is strange 2. I did pretty okay as a big bro, besides letting daniel swear as much as he wanted.

Game wasn't as good as the previous 2 games though. Too much of it was just kinda boring.

Also, gently caress the police.

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jan 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Yami Fenrir posted:

important Monster Hunter Worlds PSA:

There is a feature that deletes your save games atm.

Unrecoverably.

Here's what's happening:

Sometime before the dlc, the game swapped save game formats. If you have not played for a long time (like I did), you will still have the old one.

The DLC client cannot detect the old format right now.

Because of that, it will ask you to create a new save file. Doing so will overwrite your local AND Cloud Save.

There is only one way to fix this, and it's before this hits you.

Go to MHW in your library, properties, dlc, and disable iceborn.

Then, load up the game, play a bit, save and exit, to make sure it converted your save to the new version.

After that, you should be fine.

I just wish I knew this beforehand.

poo poo, does this mean I'm gonna have to redownload IB

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Yami Fenrir posted:

I don't believe so. I think it just disables it, instead of uninstalling. At the very least, I was able to just toggle it on and off and it pretended I don't have the dlc.

Okay nice. Thanks for the tip

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Youngblood is also up on GamePass. Do I remember right that the game's bad single-player?

Definitely play it co-op. And the final boss is loving bullshit and the game won't let you back out and grind more levels, so just turn down the difficulty.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This looks pretty neat, has anybody tried it yet? It only has a few reviews on the steam page

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Thanks, game looks good. Might wait for a sale price but I'm gonna throw it on the wishlist.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I played a little bit of Deep Rock Galactic yesterday for the free weekend, but I feel like I'm missing something. Any generalized tips on the classes? It seems like someone needs to have a vertical movement skill in order to get to stuff thats high up on walls right?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

engineer's got a GLOO gun from prey, and the scout has a grappling hook, between the two you can typically get to the stuff stuck to the roof

Is there much of a point to the Driller's.... drill? I'm guessing its useful when you need to dig fast during the harder difficulties?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

Driller can dig ramps up to ledges or higher resources, dig in a straight line to extraction, thereís some nerd poo poo about digging bunkers I ignore but itís a strategy that exists, drilling gets you a bit of improvised everything

Xaris posted:

Driller can get to any mineral anywhere; carve a path straight back to the dropship, carve shortcuts between windy rooms, carves out an "enclave" during Salvage missions where you have to defend a point but the box is right up against a wall giving you much more room to work wtih.

Hmm... guess I'm gonna have to get creative with it then. Thanks for the responses

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Is Steam down for anyone else? my internet is fine but Steam itself seems to have gone tits up

Yeah, the store is down. Maybe that means... a SALE???!!!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Google Butt posted:

All this global pandemic business has been very upsetting to me in many ways, and I'd like a chill multiplayer game. I'm talking like Stardew level chill, you know? Any suggestions?

edit nm you said multiplayer. Um, Golf With Your Friends? I think its on sale at Fanatical still

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/golf-with-your-friends

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Memnaelar posted:

Talk of MH:W's problems on PC are overblown at this point. I play on a two-year-old rig and my friend plays with me on one that's roughly ten years old and it runs surprisingly smoothly when we play together, despite our very different setups and output capabilities.

The latest big issue was that a significant amount of antivirus software was not letting people start the game, so the recommended fix right now is to go on and manually list it as an exception. While its not a huge deal its... not confidence inspiring

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Whoa, so I guess The Council is free? I heard its not amazing or anything but I'm definitely gonna give it a try

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Master_Odin posted:

I think it's just the first episode of the season, while you'll still need to buy the rest of it for $7.50.

Damnit. Thats so god drat deceptive. The price 24.99 is striked out and replaced with Free on the front page, but when you look at the actual catalog page the 24.99 is striked out but replaced with 7.50

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Artelier posted:

After trying it out for an hour, I think I've decided I like every single part of theHunter except for actually hunting. Those poor aminals

And doors.

I'm so bad at killing anything anyways, they all just run away from the big stompy loud smelly hunter man

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Wait, I did manage to shoot a bear but then some frightened deer ran at me and beat my rear end? lol

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I had a lot of fun in co op with new dawn. Definitely better than 5, and the raid missions were pretty neat too

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Dang, I did not realize who the Judge was in New Dawn. Guess thats what I get for not reading the flavor texts

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Apr 3, 2020

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

So I bought Pillars 2. Any opinions on the difference between real time vs turn based, or is it just kind of a personal preference type thing?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Megasabin posted:

I've wanted to try it for a few years, but now that I'm actually playing Divinity Original Sin II it's not really doing much for me. I feel like every D&D based game has the same boring story about an imperial order that oppresses mages. The characters aren't really drawing me in either. I ended up putting down Dragon Age Origins for the same reason. I really enjoyed Baldur's Gate II back in the day, which is why I get excited for these games, but I think my tastes have changed.

Debating now whether I should continue to power through (I'm only 3-4 hours in) or just move on to Into the Breach, Oxygen Not Included, or Battle Brothers.

Did you already play pillars of eternity 2? I kinda lost interest in the first game about half way through but the sequel has really hooked me in.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

The last two were good, I'll probably buy it.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

explosivo posted:

Hey this Generation Zero game is pretty rad actually, it is balls hard to start out but I had a friend join me and it made things much more manageable. Also the death penalty is pretty forgiving, you get to spawn at a safe house and the progress you made on the mission is saved. I convinced a few others to try it out I'm looking forward to getting a bigger group together as this does seem like the kind of game that is best enjoyed with company.

Whats with the flood of reviews saying that the last update killed the game? Something about the inventory system?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

https://www.wingamestore.com/product/9951/Katamari-Damacy-REROLL/

Katamari Damacy for 8$, which is the lowest I've ever seen it!

Thanks for posting this, been waiting for it to drop under 10. I'll probably wait until my nephew comes over to play it though.

Johnny Truant posted:

You can literally set The Man Who Sold The World as your theme song while your helicopter rains down bullets on your enemies

The good never ends and the bad never starts, that game was fire

Okay the bad starts somewhere in the plot if you actually try to make sense of it but who cares about that when you have a goddamn ROCKET ARM and a pet dog?!

Its mandatory to spin the camera dramatically whenever that one lady sings WHOOOOAAAAAA HOOOOOOO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otaWQIcTodo

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

she has to breathe through her skin

But why is she taking a shower like that, isnt that drowning her

Uh she also has to drink through her skin. Yeah thats it

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

That tie is putting in some work

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Jamfrost posted:

There are a handful of some truly tedious, terrible fights in Act 4 and that includes the final boss fight. (Divinity Original Sin 2)

I'm very upset with this game. Here I was, enjoying 97% of DOS2, then all this happens in the final stretch.

My friend and I played it co op and we never finished the game because we couldn't beat the last fight. My friend is a moron that triggers attacks of opportunity on his characters for no reason though.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

GreatGreen posted:

Was Pillars of Eternity II really good or underwhelming?

I bought it a few weeks ago and binged through the whole thing. I really liked it a lot. I had only managed to get through maybe 1/3 of the first game.

My only problem was that I wish that I had never seen any Critical Role because basically everyone does voices for the game and I can't stop thinking of that. Its obviously not an actual problem

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 21:04 on May 12, 2020

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

GrandpaPants posted:

Pillars of Eternity 3 deserves to exist, dammit.

Agreed, I looked for something similar to play after finishing 2 but I've already played the ones I'd be interested in

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I guess Obsidian is making some silly Honey I Shrunk the Kids type Co op survival game next instead of another rpg

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Rookersh posted:

Jesus/the Lamb, and that you were saving your flock before Armageddon, and that Joseph was probably the Antichrist, albeit one who regrets his actions.

I guess? New Dawn also shows that the Rook becomes a weird Joseph follower after getting captured. The Rook is The Judge in New Dawn.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Ragequit posted:

Hot drat. CD Projekt Red seem like cool devs, so that's great. Speaking of Witcher - did anyone play Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales? I may pass if it's overly heavy on Gwent battles.

I guess if you REALLY hate gwent/card games then skip it, but honestly the modified gwent they went with is not that difficult at all, aside from the optional puzzles where you're required to think ahead, and maybe the very last battle. They went all out with the soundtrack for that game and it kicks rear end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfb5rLC6vWc

Weird monster throat noises too!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZR_DZHVYmw

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 05:23 on May 20, 2020

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Ragequit posted:

I didn't love Gwent either. If it changes up the formula a bit, I'll definitely give it a shot since I really enjoy the setting. It's on sale right now and $10 sounds like a good deal.

Yeah, as long as you have some kind of a strategy for your deck, i.e. blow up the enemy, spam and buff your own deck etc., then you'll do fine. I went with those dudes that set the enemy lines on fire and most battles were a breeze. As for the puzzles, I personally tried each one a couple times and if it seemed like I wouldn't get it then I just looked up the solution. They're definitely skippable though.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Fanatical has Pillars 2 Deadfire as the star deal right now, includes all the dlc stuff. 20 bucks!

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire-obsidian-edition

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

err posted:

Do I need to play the first one for it to make sense?

Remember that if you see a word in the text that is differently colored, you can mouse over it and get a more detailed description of what it is, which is nice because I don't remember all the gods and stuff from the first game.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Fifteen of Many posted:

Halo MCC: I had heard when it first rolled out PC that there were some issues with Reach and since have heard generalities about it being buggy as 1/2 came out. Anyone have a feel for the current state of the game if you're primarily interested in playing the campaigns in coop?

My friend and I had minor bugs and a bit of lag in Reach that would come and go, though I don't know how much of that was server issues or not. We're in the middle of 2 right now, theres a lot more lag and we got disconnected once and had to restart a level. They're not long games though, so if you're interested you might just get it on game pass since thats cheap. Press tab in 1&2 to check out what the old graphics and sounds were like. Even during cutscenes!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

Today I did something stupid and decided to do a bunch of the main story quests in AssCreed Origins instead of having fun

I'm being repaid with really stupid plot and

Yeah, its really bad and basically just gibberish coming from various glowy things

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Lord Lambeth posted:

Monkey paw curls, Arkane Studios is releasing a MOBA/Battleroyale/Idle game/deckbuilding game

I do really like Arkane's games, though I still gotta start playing Death of the Outsider

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Hwurmp posted:

Yoku's Island Express is $4!

This is a cool game with a really neat soundtrack, ya'll should buy it if you're at all interested. I think it's also on game pass

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

You will have to fight your way past... Jondaaaar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Did the last part of Kentucky Route Zero end up being good? I think I'm gonna restart from the beginning to play it all the way through