Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

Artelier posted:

So my friend who downloaded Hitman 1 instead of 2 didn't have to redownload all the levels again because Hitman 2 just picks them up from the Hitman 1 install folder phew! So happy for my friend and he's enjoying this new briefcase very much!

My friend spoke too soon and it doesn't load properly and my friend might have another day's worth of downloads to go through!! But my friend thanks the advise of everyone who said the engine upgrade is worth it

You can actually download each level individually with the steam DLC interface due to the sort of vestigial episodic structure of the games. The whole game has to be like 100 GB so that's what I do. You can just play every level back to back but it's really sort of intended to be a thing where you wring all the content out of one level before moving onto the next one, so you only really need one for every 5 or 10 hours of play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

Xtanstic posted:

Dunno if this is the best thread for it, but I'm thinking about picking up Football Manager 2020 on sale? I've never played an FM game but have enjoyed Fifa career mode and Football, Tactics and Glory so I wonder if it's time to take the plunge? Kinda scared of being overwhelmed. Any point in waiting until FM2021 drops in the fall and grabbing that for full price? I guess it's like any other annual sports title in that you only get incremental improvements every year?

The year to year changes aren't enough to worry about, like you said incremental like any sports game. The main worry is that you might lose 1000+ hours if you find you really like bossing around pretend football players (like me)

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Star Renegades impressions up to the second boss: it's basically if you made a roguelike out of jrpg dungeons. It's not going to scratch the slay the spire itch because there really isn't that much interesting about upgrades or itemization; the characters level up in a simple way and most everything you pick up is +X damage or shields or minor status effects. The main differentiation between run is the characters you pick for your party, who are fairly different from each other.

It does look really pretty though. Definitely worth checking out on game pass, but dunno how I'd feel about having bought it for $20

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
I kind of wonder if game pass is as good a value as it is because of massive microsoft subsidy or because, like with early netflix, the people providing content didn't really realize the value of what they were selling. Feels like a transient golden age either way. Just signed up this month and it's definitely the furthest $1 has ever gone in buying computer games

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
My impression of really high level FPS people is that really value being able snap their aim to a target super quickly and accurately. So a weapon where they don't really get to utilize those skills, or getting killed by someone who doesn't have to use those skills, maybe isn't as fun for them as it is for me, who needs to be in shotgun range to hit anyone in multiplayer regardless of what weapon I'm using

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

Zereth posted:

You also need to put your strongest red, green, and blue guys on the board for shareholders meetings and do the color weakness matchup thing correctly.

From my experience, you really just need high persuasiveness l, low command cost and the colors matching seem to be a really marginal bonus. The board meetings are kind of fun but I only ever lost the first one

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

Trickyblackjack posted:

Man Hitman 3 and all the content of 1+2 must be what, a million gigs to download?

On steam you can just download the levels as you want to play them, similar to how you do dlc in other games. I guess this is a holdover from how the first game was episodic

Somehow I doubt this will work on egs

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
I think steams new and trending and popular upcoming tabs are a really good way to keep up with cool new stuff, though it's obviously going to miss out on moderately obscure games. I don't even really buy many games but I check them daily just to see neat new things

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
I'm not really the most creative player but I remember simply teleporting enemies as far away as possible repeatedly so I could get a numbers advantage while they hoofed it back to the fight

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Epic seems to have the idea that you don't really have to offer anything to customers to get them to switch to your service when you can make a bunch of deals with other businesses instead. It kind of rubs me the wrong way. I did buy Control when it came out there though so it works to some degree and I can certainly see why developers would like it

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
New(to me) on the popular upcoming list:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1477700/Project_Wunderwaffe/

I mean I've played as Germany in Hearts of Iron before but this seems kind of questionable to me unless there's some kind of huge twist that you're not actually creating nazi superweapons

joe football fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
It's always tilted in that direction but kind of lame that every game of the year nominee is a third person action game

I've never played Xenoblade but the combat at least looks real time so I'm counting it