Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Cowards. I will never clear my backlog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

sebmojo posted:

It's nowhere near as good though
It's sweeter though.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Sininu posted:

Just started playing A Plague Tale. In the beginning you jump into a river and then come out with a different hairstyle with braids. Huh
I played it in French and it was pretty cool!

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I played a pretty chill little free game called Burning Daylight, but it was tagged with Nudity and Sexual Content so now my feed is nothing but hentai games

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Oxxidation posted:

man, metro last light was a really weak game in retrospect

gorgeous, but it’s even lighter on actual gameplay than its predecessor and the Red Square gunfight was just as horrible as I remembered
The level with the car is pretty fun though.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Oxxidation posted:

does metro exodus have yuri lowenthal, steve blum and mona marshall voicing 80% of the cast as well or do they finally branch out a bit
Dunno, but I kinda liked having Anna as your work wife.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

ZearothK posted:

Oh man, that Chinatown battle.

As an aside, it really is a tragedy that the Legacy of Kain series is a dead franchise.
I mean, I only played it for the cutscenes and the acting, I played a few of them and the gameplay was universally bad. Didn't play Blood Omen 1 though.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The Joe Man posted:

Well A Hat In Time's cruise ship's 2nd level just broke me, uninstalling forever. Time to go back to something more forgiving like Nioh or Dark Souls.
Skip it, play the Nyakuza Metro DLC instead. It's astounding that the Arctic and Metro levels are from the same game.

Party Boat posted:

I'm not sure I'd want a Legacy of Kain revival without Amy Hennig on writing duty to be honest.

I replayed the whole series about a year ago (although I skipped Blood Omen 2 because of the many issues getting it working on a modern PC - I think I would have been better emulating a console version) and while the plot and voice acting are fantastic, Blood Omen 1 suffers hugely from its legacy as a PS1 game with constantly having to read data from the disc. The other games have early 3D open world issues to varying extents with controls and camera (the water level in SR1 was bad even by the standards of the time). It was worth it for the plot but I definitely couldn't recommend it to someone that didn't have nostalgia for the series.
Honestly, just watch the cutscenes on Youtube.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The Humble Bundle Work Remote Bundle is a utterly bizarre mix of games and trials for premium software, but it also includes King of Dragon Pass for a buck, which is worth it.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I just finished OneShot, and while I liked it a lot, I didn't really consider it as thought-provoking as it was trying to be. It's just a cool little game where you can occasionally talk to your character.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

ultrafilter posted:

Did you go through the Solstice content?
I did not.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Anything absolutely worth picking up from the Ludonarrative sale? I've already got Heaven's Vault.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

So, finishing The Final Station made me realize I have an itch for games where you hop in a vehicle and travel between towns scrounging for supplies and avoiding monsters. What are some of the better games with that sort of gameplay loop?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

We all know what makes a bad open world game, but what makes a good open world game?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Trickyblackjack posted:

Jesus, Control is Dark Souls difficult, god drat. I can't get that flying bastard to half health before he two-shots me.

edit: ah I was supposed to hide behind a pillar and take pot shots at him. Pretty lame.
Once you get the telekinetic grab ability there's this weird sweet spot where you're pulling an object to you, but it's not in your hand yet. The flying enemies usually dodge tk attacks, but if you throw something in that sweet spot's window, you throw the object at them from behind and it almost always hits them.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Orv posted:

I think expecting them to backport that stuff into SP is a completely insane expectation but I suppose.
Dying Light still adds new events to this day, and no one still plays it.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

~~You're a habitual flirt, na na na na~~

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Kennel posted:

To be serious, actually having that skillshot system made Bulletstorm less enjoyable for me, because it encourages you to collect x amount of each skillshot. Therefore I constantly felt like I was failing, if I killed enemies in a way that didn't make the numbers go up.

I guess my main issue was that it was clearly designed to be played with gamepad. Limited weapon capacity, very little verticality etc. And yeah, not having a jump option makes me feel like I'm in a wheelchair.

It's still a fine game (or at least I think it is, haven't played since 2012), but there's a lot of small things I didn't like.
Bulletstorm reminds me a little of Mad World if you removed all the things that made Mad World great.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Orv posted:

loving what.
They're both games where you torture mooks to death in creative ways for points, but Mad World also had a unique aesthetic, an amazing soundtrack, and leaned in all the way with it's pitch-black sense of humor.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I know it is only on EGS at first, but does anybody else think Maneater looks kind of amazing? Release date is tomorrow.
*face deep in a pile of pure cocaine*

What if...what if Arkham combat, but also you're a shark? Sharkham combat.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

There should be a category for games you don't play for the gameplay (which can be bad), but for the experience. Games like Pathologic or the later Legacy of Kain games.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Any good co-op top-down shooters? I finished The Hex, and that scene where you land on an alien planet with synthwave blarring was my jam.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Kind of a joke answer, but TORMENTOR X PUNISHER.

It’s like Devil Daggers and Hotline Miami combined, with 2-player co-op.
I appreciate that the main character consists entirely of swears and screaming. Sold.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Cartoon Man posted:

If I play through Batman am I going to want to buy the sequels immediately and play them? I’ve heard mixed things about them, especially the third one with the horrible batmobile.
The batmobile is a weird mix of floaty but also you can usually smash through walls and pillars, so the floatiness is lessened. The battank fights aren't as interesting as the rest of the game, but if you skip the optional tank fights it's not a lot to get through.

The two batmobile boss fights are pretty meh though.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

One thing I like about the Arkham games is that the predator combat subtly changes as time goes on, encouraging you to be more on the offensive.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Finished the prologue for a little game called Starstruck: Hands of Time. You're send back in time to stop two kids in a band from destroying the world. Your characters look like claymations and the town you're in is styled after a little diorama. It's one of those quirky games.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The 7th Guest posted:

Starstruck: Hands of Time is a story-rich, genre-defying roleplaying rhythm adventure. Play guitar and explore a miniature diorama world as two guitarist claymation kids, and then help them progress by rampaging around their city as a giant destructive time-travelling hand.

sure why not

e: THIS IS LITERALLY JUST STAR FOX. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1249480/ExZodiac/
Starstruck is cool and is on my wishlist.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Blessed page

Edit: sorry, I thought this was cspam for a second, so let me pad this with some content.

Got Dead Space 1 and 2 for 5 bucks apiece. Got that RE4 itch, and I figure this will help me scratch it.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

sebmojo posted:

If you had a game company and wanted to do something based on an existing property (book, tv, film etc), any genre, what's an underused property? Money no object.
Tekwar

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I only ever refer to Binary Domain in the original japanese: Escape From Lethal Weapon 2000: Judgement Day

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Leal posted:

why can't i buy mario on my playstation
The Mushroom Kingdom has yet to apologize for atrocities committed in the console wars.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

exquisite tea posted:

What's lower: Bloodborne's FPS or the number of people who have played Alpha Protocol. The eternal debate...
*Kills Father Gascoigne, Orphans Created counter ticks up by 1*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Funky Valentine posted:

I was reading an overview of the modern day AC segments and wow they totally junked whatever they were building up to in Black Flag and Unity, didn't they?
The big bad of the early games was killed off in a spin-off comic.