Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Is cdkeys.com legit or a grey market re-seller?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Irritated Goat posted:

Is there any way to play MH World without dropping for the full game? I'm interested but don't even know if I like it.

:filez:?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

K8.0 posted:

I don't like RE7 either, and it's mostly due to it trying to not be campy. There's still absurdity there, but rather than embracing it, RE7 tries too hard to play it straight. They listened to the fans too much and tried to make a serious horror game, but those are loving boring. Resident Evil always pretended to be horror, but slowly abandoned that veneer over the course of each game until it became absolutely hilarious.

You literally staple your hands back on when they get cut off by a chain saw.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl posted:

I'm gonna be cross posting to the steam thread, but is there a mod or game that turns minecraft into basically Factorio, with conveyor belts, complicated crafting trees, and the constant need of defenses from things that want to kill you? I want a reason to build a base that isn't just "I need a place to hold my digiminer and my Refined Storage system." I want there to be waves of block destroying (not like super fast, but enough that I need to not just ignore the mobs,) creatures that get progressively harder as I skill up, but minecraft combat is crap so I guess I want automated turrets and a reason to want to fill them?

I guess I just want a first person factorio that's 3D, but also that isn't Satisfactory (which has no reason for defenses or to kill anything.)

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Yeah I was hoping there was a game like that, like an automation mod for 7days2die or something. Idk, is Infinifactory good?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I like the Steel Series arctis 3, especially because it can be wired into one audio source (like my switch) and Bluetooth to another (like my phone or PC) So I can use discord while playing console games.

It's also only like 50$ which is a huge plus for me because I have no 💰

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Outer Worlds feels like a test of how little can be put in a game, and still have people buy it.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Is there a competitive game that doesn't have a large community of grown men throwing tantrums? I've played Dota, HotS, League, Siege, Overwatch, and Apex, and the one thing all of these games have in common is that when things are going poorly, the overwhelmingly male population acts like the most entitled children. Is there not a chill competitive shooter?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Does Halo CE have a server browser?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I really wouldn't get it right now, almost nothing works right, the balance of the sandbox stuff is completely broken with lords getting destroyed by basic bandits. Most of the skills are a horrific grind or don't work right, there's out right trap options at character creation (You can put 15 points into crossbow, but there is only 1 crossbow in the game and if you don't have 20 crossbow points you won't be able to use it because there's no other way to get or train with a crossbow.) Crafting is all broken. One of the factions have the basic troops bugged, on half the troop tree is missing.

If you have your audio settings too high it'll slow down or outright crash your game.

Sieges will sometimes spawn a castle when they shouldn't so your enemy just runs into a wall while you drop rocks on their head.

leveling stuff is super broken, you have to use skills to level them, but it takes forever and the game doesn't tell you what you have to use to level a given skill.

If you go to a Sea Raiders settlement the game will crash.

selling prisoners by selling all will not give you your rogue points (the only way I can see to get them.)

selling prisoners individually will crash the game.

speaking of skills, you're quickly outpaced by everyone in the game, so you're permanently an under levelled scrub that gets their poo poo pushed in by everyone around you.

A bunch of items are not working, because the developers forgot to mark them for singleplayer as well as multiplayer, and you have to open an .xml file and set 340+ lines of code "multiplayeronly=true" to "multiplayeronly= " if you set it to false, it won't work.

The rules about movement speed are opaque as poo poo, you can both have too many or not enough horses, so you're constantly managing your inventory so you can move at more than a snails pace. It's incredibly early access, but goons are acting like it's not, which is frustrating when you have severely limited funds and you just want to buy something nice for yourself during the quarantine.

No I didn't get burned on a goon recommendation, why do you ask? :v:

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Apr 2, 2020

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I'd argue that letting him live is the crueler option in New Dawn, since committing suicide would be a sin in his eyes yet he wants to die. By letting him live you're basically completely breaking his religious faith in half and leaving him a broken mess full of regrets knowing he can never atone for them.

The story would have been so much better if you convince him to come back and the son kills him.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
New Dawn made me extremely stoked for Far Cry 6, because they learned a ton between FC5 and New Dawn, and if they keep learning, then FC6 is going to be amazing.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

StrixNebulosa posted:

Which TD is that?

Mindustry I think it's a TD with Factorio flavoring.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 04:56 on May 11, 2020

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Control would be my game of the year, if Disco Elysium didn't come out in that same year.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Tom Gorman posted:

Speaking of Dead Cells, Hades is goddamn amazing. I've been playing it for like a week straight. It's the Cellslike from Supergiant, the studio that made Bastion/Transistor.

1) It has mind-boggling amounts of voiced dialogue. I think I read more than 250k words, so slightly more than an average Dostoyevsky novel. And it's really well done.
2) After about 20 hours the game has suddenly morphed from a roguelite ARPG into Stardew Valley. I am now wooing the first boss of the game and fixing up the community center.

I'm holding off because I want to experience the game "on curve" and if they add stuff to the beginning of the game, I'll miss content

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
They could literally announce anything and I'd be so happy for it.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Hot Take: Nioh would have been way better if they had just copied more of Dark Souls instead of doing what they did.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Nioh is like a cross between Sekiro, Diablo 3, and Dark Souls, and if it just picked a lane it'd be amazing instead it did all 3 things poorly.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

LionEyez posted:

Yeah I already stopped with most PvP games. My old age was making me slower and turns out if you're not good, playing against people that are is kind of frustrating.

The problem with good singleplayer games is they usually end so much sooner. And then it's like..poo poo, how do I fill this vooooid? I have nothing to play! (scans through 100's of unplayed games just waiting to be installed) Nothing I say!

MMOs mostly ones with to s of cosmetic and home options. All of them are basically single player until max level.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Zereth posted:

As a non fighting game player, what does this mean?

It means that you can get hit a lot or a huge combo done on you, but it will do very little damage to your health bar, so it takes a long time for the fights to finish.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Hwurmp posted:

Shadow of Mordor! gently caress, that's the one I was trying to think of. I kept coming back to Asscreed Origins/Odyssey and going "no, that's not it..."

Shadow of War is superior in every way.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I'm super pro piracy, and I always will be (an IP killed my parents, so I'm the batman of DRM.)

That being said, people would notice Denuvo if we weren't always online, it was a huge issue for me when I had machines that had to be disconnected from the internet for months, and my game licenses would run out a month in. I had a friend that worked on an oil rig (or so he said, Idk internet friend,) who couldn't get access reliably, and his denuvo games would stop working after a month.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
To be honest the first hitman shouldn't even be for sale, because literally the entire first hitman is in hitman 2 for 8$ or something ridiculous like that.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Artelier posted:

Is it...is it worth deleting the first game to install it in the second game's engine? Especially if someone didn't have the foresight to download the second game straight and instead spent all day downloading the first? Asking for a friend

lol... I'm so sorry friend.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Maturely Boooooooooooooobs

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

StrixNebulosa posted:

Cross-posting my request in here from the roguelikes thread as they're too busy arguing over whether 400 hour negative reviews are good or bad to answer me:

There's a thread for that game specifically that can help you out!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3553436

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Lo Wang rules. I love him.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I feel like an old codger, because a 3 - 5 hour game with no story at all besides 'eat people' sounds just... Really uninteresting.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

sebmojo posted:

If you had a game company and wanted to do something based on an existing property (book, tv, film etc), any genre, what's an underused property? Money no object.

Animorphs

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I refuse to believe this line of conversation wasn't just a honeypot to catch all the weirdos who are pro-rape.

E: And Pro-Nazi, what the gently caress?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
The part where he said "I'm ok with rape being used as a weapon by enemies in erotic video games" and the part where he said "SS soldiers were just born in the wrong generation in Germany."

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
E: Actually instead of apologizing for continuing the derail, I'm gonna just not continue the derail.

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Aug 6, 2020

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Fortnite has like less than 10% of it's userbase on iOS, but Idk how the engine thing is going to affect them.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Insert name here posted:

On the topic of Remnant, are there any real dud weapons that aren't worth it? I'm currently using the Assault Rifle and Repeater Pistol like a boring person and it seems to be working out fine so far.

The Coach gun is hot loving garbage. I started with it, and basically had to grind in the first area for literally any other gun. It's a 2 shot shotgun with no range, that does piss all damage, and takes forever to reload.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Ciaphas posted:

Have I been living under a rock or something (yes), or did this Remnant thing get real popular all of a sudden in the last week? I thought it was months old

It's also real good. I'm thinking about them DLCs

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
The Great Sword easily kills monsters the fastest, and is the simplest weapon to use in the game. You either hit or you don't. No complicated combos, no messy mechanics just

A.) Charge Sword
B.) Apply Sword to face

You also get an invulnerability Tackle, which you can use to tackle through roars.

It is the best weapon in the game.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I don't see any love for the hunting horn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlodYoaPx0Y

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I think loot boxes are predatory, but I also think magic cards where you blind pull from packs, are 100x worse, and also should also be banned. I also think MHW might be the worst example you could use to try and make a "Cosmetic DLC" thing, because I do not know anyone, anyone at all who bought the Monster Hunter Cosmetic DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

sebmojo posted:

it is the weirdest loving thing to be (apparently) extremely mad about

what's the proposed solution? legislated minimum price? warning signs?

Ban lootboxes, full stop. It's unregulated gambling and has an adverse effect on communities, and is predatory on society at large.

sebmojo posted:

how do you deal with the inevitable black market of monster hunters buying cheap weapon danglies off each other?

This comment is specious at best. You know that you can't trade dlc skins in anything but CS:GO and TF2. I know for a fact you know that you can't trade Monster Hunter danglies. If there's no lootboxes, and skins are just a straight purchase, there would be less of a problem, but pretending that it's "too hard" to not program skin trading is ridiculous. You have to do extra programming to do that, it literally increases over head to make items tradable.