Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Has that guy been posted yet?

r: oh wait that's from sunday, so I guess yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Digital Deluxe or Standard Edition? Just asking in case the deluxe edition gives you stuff that makes it too easy.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

ErrEff posted:

There are plenty of deep discounts on big games but there's so many other digital stores now (full of games competing for attention) that you've probably already seen them elsewhere at similar price points before.

The Steam sale events are no longer the place where games get their first deep discounts, is what I'm trying to get at.

Also: Commemorative bird stickers.

Yeah, this thread should be renamed to "digital distributors" or something. I now add titles to isthereanydeal, set a price threshold, and wait.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Megasabin posted:

There have been a ton of turn based tactics games in the last year or two. Anyone have opinions on which is the best of them?

did that cute one that looked like advance wars ever get released?

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Has anyone made a list of good horizontal shmups, maybe?

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

treat posted:

No need for lists, perfection has already been reached with Super Hydorah and all other horizontal shmups are irrelevant.

Ah yeah, that's up my alley, retro and gradius-like, nice. Also Devil Engine was the one I remembered not buying a couple years back.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Man, Huntdown is good. It's really the one retro game I've always wanted.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Morter posted:

This is Watch Dogs: Legion but I just feel cool about this :rice: moment

https://i.imgur.com/ahLDbHE.mp4

sick

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Is the Hitman 2 Gold edition worth it? I played Hitman (2018) for the first time this week, and really loved it. The sequel is currently on sale, but the way they sell the game is really... weird. You can dl for free, but then you have to pay for DLC, but it's not all the DLC, just the standard edition. What?

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
No I mean is the Gold edition a better purchase than the Standard edition. Because it has some extra stuff and levels, I think.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Currently playing Far Cry: New Dawn, and really liking it. Does Far Cry 4 play in a similar vein, or is this an improvement? Not really interested in the full Far Cry 5 experience, but Himalayas looks interesting.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Hub Cat posted:

https://twitter.com/GhostrunnerGame/status/1422635765029384929?s=20
Ghostrunner free to play for 2 days and half off. Basically Hotline Mirror's Edge. Fun game if anybody had it on their wish list

Never played the game, but bought the soundtrack. "Infiltrator" is so good https://danieldeluxe.bandcamp.com/track/infiltrator-single

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

SirSamVimes posted:

In aesthetics (which is good), story (which is bad) or gameplay (which is meh)?

It's got massive hype by the press, middling gameplay, and a pretentious setting. So yeah, a true successor to Bioshock Infinite.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

my dude seriously just wants to kill chaos, and when somebody tries to explain that chaos is just a conceptual bogeyman he calls it bullshit, whips out his phone, plays dumb edgy music and walks away

this continues for his whole walk until he's outside the castle and his party silently follows

tell me that isn't the funniest poo poo

that poo poo is the best thing I've seen this year.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
I love the reddits

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Guardians of the Galaxy has some of the best writing I've seen in years. It's fantastic.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

what's better, tropico 3 or 4?

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
A couple of years back there was talk about some Indie dev superstars collaborating on a collection of retro games. Anyone know what I mean? Don't remember their names, but it was basically 8-bit mini-games sold as one. Did that ever materialize?

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Yeah, it's UFO 50. Feels like it was announced 10 years ago.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
I'm trying to remember the name of two puzzle games that got released in the last ~2 years or so. The first one had you building towers in the sky, and then you had to release a wrecking ball, and if the destruction reached a certain threshold, you completed the level (3D).

The second one was isometric and showed an urban scene, and you somehow had to help vegetation overgrow the scene. (also maybe to a certain percentage)

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

The Gripper posted:

I don't know if it was this, but ABRISS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00LnE_CNIgA?

yep, that's what I was looking for.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
I'm surprised Death Stranding was commercially succesful enough to warrant a sequel. Or is Kojima at a stage where numbers no longer matter, and people just throw money at him?

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Are any of the recent 40k shooters good if they go on sale? I think one of them was made by those french weirdo devs, that could be interesting.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Jack Trades posted:

https://steam250.com/ is an extremely useful website.

That site is really cool, thanks for sharing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

bawk posted:

My secret shame is that I really like playing those Hidden Object Games from Artifex Mundi and clicker games while listening to longform podcasts like It Could Happen Here. :negative:

My top games this year were Vampire Survivors and Cell to Singularity

Hidden object? Like, find the right pixel?