Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Hades or Noita

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

The website has been updated for the first time in years

http://www.steam.com

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

how is it selling so well? its been in the top 20 for days, surely there are better options

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Kibayasu posted:

I never know what Timesplitters actually is because I’m constantly confusing it with Time Crisis.

its like mortal kombat but you can cut off ppls limbs

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Pwnstar posted:

Dark Souls 2 is poo poo because they ruined the lightning throwing ability.

Did they make it weaker? I remember using it at launch and just rolling over every area and boss except for the huge dead king

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

the dismal ooblets

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Its not 1:1 with those other games, but Mount & Blade: Bannerlord is currently the most popular game I would call an action-RTS. It has a mp game mode where all players control some units which was pretty fun when I tried it and there's also a persistent multiplayer mod that's in public testing right now.

The servers for the mod are pretty quiet since all there is to do is fight three different kinds of bandits and accumulate stats but it could be a real hoot in a few months when territory and sieges are added

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Anno posted:

Wait there was a new Master of Magic announced today??? Looks like it’s being developed by the folks what did Thea 1/2.

lol at the preview thumbnail for that second trailer

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

The first Dark Souls has one too

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

My favorite two worlds bug was killing orcs that had destroyed a town as part of the story, then resurrecting them. The orcs inherited the scripting for the townspeople and started sweeping the streets

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

The work is finally complete. Steam.com is coming

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

One of my favorite stories about XV's development was when Nomura saw the film version of Les Mis and was denied his request to convert or redo XV as a musical

they already have that with FF14

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

gba time

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Donnerberg posted:

Are there any recent Metroidvanias with more Metroid than vania? Guns instead of swords.

cave story is still recent right

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

ultrafilter posted:

Every Final Fantasy so far.

except the most recent one

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Except they already announced and showed off a new one.

theyve already announced and showed off half life 3 but that doesnt make half life 3 the final half life

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

LLSix posted:

Real good if you like puzzles.

They’re satisfyingly challenging while still be completable by people unfamiliar with the genre. I vaguely remember having to pixel hunt a few times, however.

will the plot make sense if I never watched the movie?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Randallteal posted:

Wow, that's big if it isn't a mistake somehow. I feel like I should pre-order it just so I can cancel if they remove the English listing to send a little message.

It's probably real, I don't think any of the series in it have a really tortured distribution history like Macross or Voltron do

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I think that was ElMaligno, Samurai Sanders was the OG SRW liker though

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Aw, they delayed that big Warhammer game that was coming out this year. Spring 2022 instead

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Orv posted:

Unironically re-recommending Galahad 3039 here.

Simutronics? that's a name I haven't heard in a while :corsair:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

if you last played 8 years ago you're not missing much of the plot, things don't really start kicking off until you start approaching Heavensward

and the plot is good for a MMO. I think people just have a great impression of it because of the music, which is phenomenal. I don't even like most of the characters but I still re-sub for a month every expansion

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Chalks posted:

awh, steam.com is no longer a message by some random dude about how he doesn't want to sell the domain so gently caress off and stop asking him

it changed again :pwn:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Gutcruncher posted:

I’m glad that people are melting the planet solely to prevent other people from getting new video cards

sic semper gamers

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

KakerMix posted:

Goddamn do I despise algorithmic recommendations in any aspect

The system knows you better than you know yourself. Buy the emote bundle

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Tweet's gone but heres one from another Volition dev:

https://twitter.com/jasonlblair/status/1430588615525027843

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Serephina posted:

I honestly can't tell from the screenshot what you where fighting, but based on my knowledge of tabletop you could very well have been grossly underprepared. Better safe than sorry.

Ive gotten it with vcounts vs one guy before

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

this and the linked post just read like really generic relationship drama, it's wild that hundreds of people are involved

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Stux posted:

yeah its crazy the article written by the abusive party makes it sound like relationship drama rather than them being abusive

by "linked article" I meant the other side of it, the one posted by Adam, so the linked linked article. It's a big rabbit hole

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Mordja posted:

Urgh, looks like Redfall, the next Arkane game, is a looter shooter. https://www.pcgamer.com/redfall-leak-sure-makes-it-look-like-a-looter-shooter

looks like they're really diverging from the books too

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

GreatGreen posted:

Has Steam updated like 3 different times today for anybody else too?

looks like the last one might have just broke every game that uses EAC

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Hwurmp posted:

I feel like I'm the only person who remembers how boomers hated them and wanted them all banned

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Its like in saving private ryan when they gun down those surrendering czech conscripts

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Does Hideo Kojima know his games are parody?

absolutely not

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

very misleading url!

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I gave myself tendonitis for like a month playing Kesmai's Multiplayer BattleTech: Solaris with a joystick

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Scalding Coffee posted:

A murder mystery game focused on the Bates Motel is strange.

It's a truer rendition of Hitchcock's vision with technology that was unavailable in his time

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Something's not quite right

:thunk:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Jack Trades posted:

That 3070 will not help you because the game is incredibly poorly optimized on the CPU.

there's got to be more to it than that, I'm running it on high with zero issues and my cpu is below their minimum spec (Ryzen 5 1600)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Kanye is diversifying