Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I am gonna be honest and say that I enjoy from games more because not everyone can finish them. There is lots of poo poo I can't do in real life. To think that I would worry about a game I can't do is loving laughable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

pretty sure COD is still rooted in id tech but it has come a very long way so I don't know if you could really say its running on a quake engine any more. this latest cod was a pretty reasonable step up in fidelity for once. and well optimised for PC.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

ori 2: accidentally deleted my save near the end of the game picking up my controller from its dock so like... don't do that. rofl.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

is the difference between super SG when the eyes flash and jump over them when they charge you actually that big

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Man, every drat game I’ve preordered has been postponed.
lol

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

watchdogs 2 - non lethal or bust

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

some publishers gouge our asses and some don't... most do though.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

also wasn't the significant problem with DS due to a driver bug in 20x cards and fixed outside the game ?

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

tencent owns 40% of epic so... well I guess it would be worse to donate to the CCP's gofundme

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

how well is control meant to run ?

I have i7 8700 and a 1070 and Im barely sniffing 50 fps on a mix of low/med @ 1440

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Fart of Presto posted:

Hexcells Infinite big update
ty for headsup

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

save me

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Blattdorf posted:

I'll repeat myself, BUT there's that -3- at the top. There's plenty of space to suggest that nothing should be above or below that one blue tile at the bottom. This helps solve the 4 close to it.
either cell, above or below the one blue at the bottom could also be blue, so you would have to guess which. It can't be both above and below, but it could also be none. So thats guessing again, right ?

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Katreus posted:

The -5- is the key imo to at least some progress. Even if you assume both of the ones next to the 2 in the bottom right are filled (note at least one must be filled), that leaves either 2-3 above on that line. That solves 3 and 4 on line below, which may lead to more reveals on the board.

Edit: also that means your 2 cell on the left is also solved.
so the furthest I can get is that if you think of the row as being 2 pairs of 2, then the blue cell then another pair above the 2 on the right each pair has a blue in one of the cells and one of the 3 has both blue. each combination can solve for any of the 4, 3 and 2 below it so they dont exclude any possiblity that I can see.

edit: the only thing I can say for sure in that bottom -5- row is that both end cells cannot be black because that would make it 5 in a row between them... so one of the end cells has to be blue. But then either both end pairs could be blue too.

Qmass fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Sep 21, 2020

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Katreus posted:

Sorry, I mixed up -5- and {5}.

Just try the 133 line? You can open up the 3 hexes above the 1. The 3 has 2 filled in its bottom row, unknown which 1 on the top.

nil. posted:

For the "1" with the two "3s" below it in the middle:
The blue cell for the "1" are not at its top left, top, or top right, as otherwise there would not be enough spaces for the "3" below it. The "1" must have its blue cell either to its bottow left or bottom right.
You both sound like you are explaining the same solve but I can't work out what you mean.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

how do you know the three cells above the 1 column are open ?

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Well I can confirm the new "hard" mode in the 2.0 patch for hexcell infinite's generator is legit.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

interesting move

exclusives are lame but I guess I'm glad any possibly good games they might release will still come out on PC

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

lunar detritus posted:

Ah, the death stranding category.
nah. always recommend death stranding then sever if they don't get it.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Hub Cat posted:

Problem is older base consoles is their biggest market and you gotta wonder how they missed that target if they've been in development for 9+ years
Is it quite that certain ? I don't think PC sells more copies total in history than all the console platforms they sold cyberpunk on but its not like orders of magnitude more... PC is a more significant platform than people assume I feel.

https://www.spieltimes.com/news/the-witcher-3-sold-more-copies-on-pc-than-all-console-platforms-combined-in-2019/
https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED_IR/status/1337008442570059781?s=20

Qmass fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Dec 14, 2020

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

srulz posted:

So what do you guys think about Surge 2, especially when compared with other Soulslikes?
This person had actually made quite a convincing argument for the game:

https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/comments/klpe6u/the_surge_2_is_the_first_soulslike_ive_played/

And the dismemberments from a random review I've seen seems pretty awesome.
So far, I've only been able to get into Sekiro & Star Wars: Fallen Order.
However, I just can't get into the rest, including the original Dark Souls 1/2/3.

So I'm very interested in what you guys think about Surge 2 vs the rest.
Especially because the current discount is pretty good.
its good. It is moving towards being its own thing. The first was closer to a souls game the second moves further away. It is much more actiony - faster paced, you have a lot of healing and can heal through a lot of damage and then regenerate that healing pool mid fight by hitting poo poo. By the end of the game I was pretty OP and could smash stuff and heal through a lot of punishment so its not nearly as hard. Its a bit tough at the start still. Adds some little side things like hiding holograms of yourself around the world and hunting other peoples holograms for credits. IMO its the best of the non from things... whatever that is worth.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

playing solo, as soon as I got to bronze (not very far) valheim became a complete slog

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

if you think 3 was bad, you should try 4 :D

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I kinda feel like necromunda is more hair metal

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I found that snowrunners required WAY more attention than I wanted to give a podcast game...

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

basing this on nothing but my spider senses something about this video makes me a little negative about this games chances of being as good as the first

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

more dying light 2

edit: lol gross pr garbage

Qmass fucked around with this message at 11:14 on May 29, 2021

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Necromunda hired gun is lots of fun 4-5 missions in.

This guy does a good job explaining what is good and why and what is bad and why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWGQZ8Lledc

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Buller posted:

Some of you guys never tried multiplayer Pyre and it shows!
nobody likes the game you do, boohoo :D

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

2hrs from now

https://twitter.com/Darktide40K/status/1400013186426937344?s=20

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

how come no one ever talks about sunset overdrive ?

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Mordja posted:

I did! I loved it!
I think its really fun and holds up quite well... for less than 30bux AUD seems good, mate.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Stux posted:

one of the more nonsensical posts ive ever read :cheers:
it may be confusing because they have never made so much sense

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

do we have a time for highfleet ?

edit: from the store page

quote:

HighFleet Live broadcast on release
A couple of hours of playing the Highfleet live from the developers.

UPCOMING EVENT STARTS
Wed, July 28, 2021
3:00 AM AEST
ENDS
5:30 AM AEST

edit2: its nearly 1AM AEST

Qmass fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jul 27, 2021

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I would love to know what the dev teams plans are for the ascents future. I want to play more of that game but there is no reason to go back after you finish it. If they could meld a replayable dungeon looter ARPG with that world it would be... real nice. (or a CRPG but that would be disastrously ambitious for a 12 person team)

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

has anyone worked out what time mortal shell is coming out on steam ?

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

mortal shell is kick rear end so far (unlocked a bunch of stuff and killed the first boss) Pretty brutal at first but once you get the hang of harden it opens up a lot of options. The DLC weapon is broken OP (specifically the axe's ability - especially if you combine it with cheap resolve upgrade on hadren's shell)

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Would probably have bought psychonauts 2 but for some loving reason it is 99.95 AUD (or 71.85 USD)

Even EA's flagship bullshit bf2042 is 10 bux less than that

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

does gamepass still orphan HDD partitions ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

and gamepass ultimate is $1 AUD this month (at least here it is :O)