Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Fat Samurai posted:

I'm in the mood for some mindless, grindy shooting fun. Warframe or Destiny 2?

Despite the higher learning curve, I'd recommend Warframe. It's fast, furious and fun. If you decide to take the plunge, then join our Goonclan. That way you'll have a support team to back you up, all very active and helpful.

Destiny 2 is also a good game, but it has very traditional ideas and design. The payment model is not quite as fair either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Sylphosaurus posted:

I´ve been hankering for a new ARPG, since Diablo 3 has gone a bit stale for me and I´ve had my eyes on Path of Exile but got intimidated by the atlas that is the skilltree and the giant amount of features in the game.

Echoing Mordja here.

I couldn't stand PoE and I got more than my fill of D3, but Grim Dawn hit just the right note. It might be a good fit for you as well and if it is, there's a whole lot of content to check out.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

orcane posted:

I remember Agents of Mayhem absolutely not working with any controller for me until I disabled all Steam-specific controller "enhancements" and profiles in BPM, it was really weird.

To be fair, Agents of Mayhem was a really weird creation overall.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I miss Marvel Heroes.

Me too buddy.

That dumb thing was like comfort food in game form.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

StrixNebulosa posted:

Grim Dawn is clicking with me - just spent the last hour whacking things with my sword while listening to a podcast, which is exactly what I wanted when I opened up my ARPG folder. I'm going Soldier/Demolitionist, but with no overall plan. I take skills that look cool and if they work together great.

You're doing it right. Worrying about exact breakpoints and build specific gear is not necessary, unless you're god knows how many hours in and start pushing mad levels in Crucible or Shattered Realms. A Commando is very flexible too, with some nice options.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

tripwood posted:

Passing it on...

*uro Truck Simulator 2 CW573-4NI7B-4T*4D
Whoever gets this, PM me or quote me for the DLC too.

I've been interested in checking this out, so thank you very much.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Pwnstar posted:

Far Cry 5 is extremely good because when the murderous rapist cult leader says "you were wrong to oppose me, I'm actually the good guy here" he is 100% correct.

I agree. Truly, it's a masterpiece. Rian Johnson would be proud.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

StrixNebulosa posted:

Batman Arkham Asylum, City and Knight are on sale for 12$.

Remind me: all three games are really good 3D metroidvanias with brawling segments, yeah? And Knight had its buggy release fixed too, right?

Thanks for posting about this. This is a great deal.

I played through Asylum back in the day and put some hours into City, but this is a great time to get the cape back on. These titles show real appreciation to the source material and the atmosphere is wonderful.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Phlegmish posted:

No one wants this? I guess it can't be super popular if they're giving an 80% discount

As I understand it, the game can be great fun if you have a crew of fellow Warhammer fans to play it with on the regular. Otherwise... eh, not so much.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Lord Lambeth posted:

I did really enjoy the Mad Max game that they did but maybe a good portion of that is just me enjoying the setting and property they were adapting.

I had the same reaction. Mad Max kept my attention all the way through, even with all the side activities. All its flaws were easily seen and experienced, but still... it held up. Mechanically and story-wise, it was pretty good. Also, it was one of those games that inspired you to take a thousand screenshots.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Barry Convex posted:

Mad Max is fun, but it pushes the side objectives on you so aggressively that I got tired of it long before I was anywhere near done the main story. might come back to it at some point, though

Yeah, I get that. The whole map can look a bit daunting, especially at the beginning, but things get rolling pretty fast. Upgrades for Max and the car come in steadily, without having to scour every nook and cranny. You should be good just doing the minimum stuff required by the main quest line.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

John Lee posted:

Why do people keep saying this? Twee is more than a hundred drat years old, it's not a new internet word. It's the word 'sweet' said by a young, chubby-cheeked child, and also nobody has ever meant it as anything other than derogatory.

Yikes, my dude.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
It's a good compromise, especially for folks who have put hundreds of hours into the game already. Having more difficulty settings makes the experience better for everyone.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Pierson posted:

Is it me or does Burnout Paradise Remastered have a severely smaller radio selection? I remember it used to have a few different channels or a wildly more diverse song selection because I specifically remember blasting it down highways to The Aquarium but the playlist feels a lot more generic now.

The Remastered is only missing a couple of songs due to licensing issues. Other than that, the playlist should've stayed mostly intact. It just wasn't massive to begin with.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Kragger99 posted:

I just bought a game on Steam (on sale, which ends before the summer sale starts tomorrow), and didn't see any event cards pop up, so assuming they might not be doing that this summer (can't recall if they haven't done that for a few sales now or not).
Just wanted to post that in case anyone was wondering.

It'll probably be some kind of overly complicated, but completely lame flash game, that won't work properly for the first 48 hours. I'll be astonished, if I end up buying a single title from this sale.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Scalding Coffee posted:

Already having trouble buying stuff.

As is tradition.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Relin posted:

is gamebillet legit?

It checks out.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

BexGu posted:

Oh yeah, pick up Dying Light if you don't have it already for the best zombie/parkour game around.

Can confirm. I'd had the game in my library for ages, but only started playing it properly in recent weeks. It has a good tempo of action, proper challenges and a solid co-op mode.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Entenzahn posted:

Just finished the base game of Grim Dawn and now all DLC is discounted. :dance:

You're in for some good times and real challenges. Remember, Malmouth first and Forgotten Gods second.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Excelzior posted:

if your game includes a friendly dog npc, yet the player does not have the option of petting said dog, you can gently caress right off with your bullshit game for idiots

D-Dog in "Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain" is a phenomenal sidekick.

Can recommend the game on that basis alone.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Cardiovorax posted:

Not a dog, though. He's a woooooolf.

He's a woof.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

I can't believe my 2500k has held out on me for this long.

Same. I was planning on buying a new rig last year, but the old warhorse is still hanging in there.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Ambaire posted:

How the gently caress could they possibly know or keep track of keys being given away to random others?

They can't, so this is either a PR/salesperson saying things they don't understand, or an empty statement to pacify some angry business partner.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Deakul posted:

The beta was apparently kind of a mess from what I heard: it's just a bunch of reskinned enemies, weapons, and it's very short.

But, we'll see... they delayed it due to feedback so maybe it'll actually be good!

Yeah, things might improve, but I don't believe in miracles and they have a schedule to keep. It doesn't look promising. For a DLC it's a hard sell, even if the price is just 10€.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Antigravitas posted:

Still a more functional game than Star Citizen :v:

That's not saying much.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Oldstench posted:

Dying Light is $13.50. Is it worth a purchase? I bounced off of Dead Island and Dead Rising but enjoyed State of Decay.

For that price it's an easy recommend from me. The movement mechanics alone make it more entertaining than any of the other titles you mentioned, because traversing the huge maps gets fast and dynamic as you unlock more skills. The day-night cycle is also a good addition and helps ensure that things stay challenging enough all the way through. Story is decent enough and offers plenty of side quests, with tragedy, comedy and everything in between. Co-op is fun and works great, though keep in mind that quest progress is tied to the host.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
I tell you one thing Steam doesn't do; sneakily download and install the Halo Masterchief Collection without asking for approval even once. Just to be a perfect rear end in a top hat, Windows also decided to leave the entire extraneous installation package lying around under the normally inaccessible WindowsApps folder. No wonder I lost 60Gb of space over night. Only took me a few minutes to fix things, but still. If this happens to someone with a strict monthly data cap...

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

pentyne posted:

Oh, and get the mod that completes the war table instantly, the whole "wait 2-8 realtime hrs" is dumb as hell as is most war table missions.

This is a must have. The timers are an obvious and obnoxious remnant of their original MMO-design dreams.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Kly posted:

why is my steamapps folder 160gigs when i have less than 50gigs of games downloaded?

Could be bloated with Workshop content, or old patchers.

Try the free Wiztree program, like drat Dirty Ape said. Run it in Admin mode.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

You can give him bandanas and stuff!

Iirc, equipping him with goggles should even give an attack bonus. Or maybe that was from a mod?

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Stan Taylor posted:

Dying Light is pretty good, yeah? Might see if I get the boys to give it a go, we’ve been playing more deep rock galactic lately and could use another Spooky coop game. Any of the dlc packs worth getting, maybe the left 4 dead one?

The Following is pretty neat. The countryside is full of spookums and getting a vehicle is a nice addition. Bozak is a bit ho-hum. Hellraid is just a waste of money.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Psycho Landlord posted:

Nope seems like they're all pretty proud of their work you ineffable goon

You expect them to put the company on blast in public? My guess is they have hopes of continuing to work in the industry.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

tripwood posted:

Black Flag is a must to play if you loves pirates. It's pretty much the only good pirate action game out there. The gameplay is alright and entertaining enough but the ambiance is excellent.

Can confirm. It was also the first Assassins Creed title that managed to keep me engaged all the way through.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

pentyne posted:

Mark me down as one of those who just can't get past the jank of E.Y.E.

It's not a bad game, and seems pretty easy to play through without hassle it's just there's so much going on in the game I don't understand up to when I quit and then start over it sends be back to the same dreamscape and then to some predetermined save point I had no idea it would take me to.

Are your legs okay? Did you gain brouzouf?

If you answered "yes" to either of these questions, you're good to proceed.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

tight aspirations posted:

Is it any good? A lot of reviews seem to say it's shallow and repetitive.

Several goons have compared it to Euro Truck Simulator, except in space. Of course you also get to shoot lasers and do some other sci-fi activities, but basically it's just a game to chill with. Not a tour de force of magical storytelling. It's very pretty though. Probably worth checking out, if any of it strikes your fancy.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Zereth posted:

So what's up with Dying Light: Hellraid? I was going through my wishlist and noticed it was Mostly Negative, what's the problems with it?

I also considered buying it during the last sale, but decided otherwise after checking out some reviews. Apparently it's just bad all around. The enemies are lame, level design is poor, the mechanics are worse than in the main game and it's pretty short. Even if the DLC was 50% off, it wouldn't be worth it. 15%? No way.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

strategery posted:

They just need to close Bioware already.

No way. Haven't you heard that they're remaking Anthem? ANTHEM!

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I don't see how their remasters will do anything that you can't currently do with a mod on PC. The fact that ME3 remaster wont even have multiplayer is some bullshit, might as well not even bother imo

Yeah, lack of multiplayer is a bit strange. I never played it, but my friend has always said that it was one of the best aspects of 3.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

oh my god stop giving randy money

He's gonna make it... DISAPPEAR!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

You caught me purple-handed. I'm a hackfraud.