Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

goferchan posted:

Mount & Blade II is releasing into EA on March 31st

Holy shiiiiiit :flashfap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mordja posted:

Soldat 2 demo is out, singleplayer only.

Mordja posted:

Soldat status: still owns.

Soldat does indeed still own.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Disgusting Coward posted:

Terraria is one of the greatest games ever made but holy poo poo they have never been able to release promotional material or official art that wasn't godawful.

Yeah lol I saw this on the store page today and had to cringe at this image. Just show a screenshot from the game of someone loving poo poo up in hell or something :cripes:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Black Griffon posted:

Sea of Thieves is incredibly fun with friends (and some of my friends have had fun with strangers too). Heavy rec for when it comes to steam.

The bummer is that without friends it's almost not worth playing at all. The game looks amazing and sailing around is so much fun but if you're on your own you're going to be constantly contending with 4 man crews in loving battleships trying to take down your one man sloop because there's nothing better to do. I know it's not what the game is about but I'd like a PvE option or some way to play without worrying about a ganksquad ruining my time.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I have a computer with a smaller SSD (237 GB) and a larger HDD (about a TB) for storage. Is there an easy way to put larger game files on the HDD, and is that worth it? I find myself uninstalling and reinstalling a lot of games.

Steam has a built in way to move games around, right click game > properties > local files > move install folder. I have a decent amount of SSD space but more disk space so I am usually doing this shuffling around as well to avoid deleting things I may not actively be playing but probably will again.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is there a way to hide a certain game from showing as me currently playing it on my friends list? I'm playing IdleWizard but would like to avoid having it show to my friends that I'm playing it nonstop because it's running in the background.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

D1E posted:

First person to quote this post will get a STEAM key for OPUS MAGUM via PM.

Thanks!

Yo

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Thank you!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Irritated Goat posted:

I'm considering picking up No Man's Sky at some point in the near future. Any gotcha reason not to? I just want something kinda chill to build stuff\explore. I don't mind a little combat.

Cardiovorax posted:

It's not really very good. I've tried getting into it three times now and bounced every time.

I'll play devil's advocate here and say that if you just want to build stuff/explore it's worth checking out on sale. I've come back to it after some of the last few patches and I've been pretty pleased with the trajectory of the game since launch. The building is pretty fiddly so I haven't built a ton of stuff outside of the things you need to get a base going but they've fleshed that out quite a bit since launch as well.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Is it worth taking my premium quarantine time to play through Gears of War 5's campaign if I remember likely GoW 1-2, at least while it's free-to-play? Haven't kept up with the games at all.

It's another Gears of War game. I was really not a fan of the shoehorned open world stuff in this one but the levels were all just standard Gears of War that you know and love. If you already have Gamepass and want to play a new GOW, it's probably worth checking out. I played through most of it in co-op with a friend and we had a good time but ran out of steam before the end of the campaign and just stopped playing it.

Edit: Oh wait I misread what you said. I thought you had gamepass. Oh yeah if it's free to play for the week on Steam you can probably get your fill of it in that time.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is there a good writeup of recommended graphical settings/tweaks for AC: Origins? I have a decently powerful system (i7-6700k, GTX1070, 16gb ram) but I get maybe on average 45FPS in Origins, ~30 in towns and as dumb as it sounds it bums me out enough to not want to keep playing it. :smith:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Cardiovorax posted:

That should be enough to play it on Very High everything, speaking from personal experience with a very similar system, so I'm not sure what your problem could be. Are all your drivers up-to-date?

Relatively, I've updated within the last month or so I'd say.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Irritated Goat posted:

Hm. Factorio or Satisfactory?

I played the Factorio demo and was OK. It wanted some gymnastics that I don't feel like would be necessary in a normal map.

I haven't played Satisfactory, just saw a video from KatherineOfSky on YT. :shrug:

Satisfactory is fun but still has a ways to go, Factorio is the king of these types of games right now but the demo does a pretty poor job of showing what the game is like.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I picked up Void Destroyers 2 on sale and I gotta say it seems pretty fun so far. It feels like Mount and Blade, Freespace, and Homeworld mashed together into one game. I'm still super early on and am literally not even out of the starter ship yet but I like the loop. The combat feels a bit wonky but that might just be me needing to get used to the controls, I have hit enemies head on before which sent me into an endless spiral which really sucked to get out of.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

DatonKallandor posted:

I can recommend alt-A (or whatever your set your autopilot to) to get out of spins. What it does exactly depends on your target, but it'll get you back under control.

Bless you. I just flailed my mouse around until I noticed myself slowing down and then kept pushing in that direction.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

kirbysuperstar posted:

Control is more like Psi-Ops by way of X-Files and the SCP wiki

I bought Control for $30 using the coupon and do not regret it. This is a perfect description for the game. The setting and story woven into the game is really cool so far. Plus ripping up chunks of concrete to throw at your enemies really does not get old.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Darkrenown posted:

I haven't played it yet, but watching a review it was the telekinesis that made me buy it. It's so chunky the way you smash enemies.

Yup, absolutely. The gunplay is so-so, I highly recommend just pumping everything you get into making your TK throw stronger. You can pick up bigger objects the more points you dump into it which makes it even better. I'm still only a couple hours in but I'm pretty smitten by the story as well. I almost never go out of my way to read documents and extra story bits in games if I don't have to but I'm searching every nook and cranny to find all the documents.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah 1 is definitely the place to start imo. They do a very good job of gradually ramping up the complexity of dishes while letting you upgrade stuff along the way while you get a feel for the mechanics. 2 was fine but a bit disjointed and maybe a little too aimless, 3 is great but changes the formula up quite a bit. I stopped playing 3 for a bit because he keeps updating the game and adding new stuff but I might try getting back into it since these updates sound very good.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I played AoW: Planetfall on gamepass and as someone who loves HOMM/XCOM Tactics/4x Civlikes I found it completely dull and gave up on it after a few hours after trying really hard to get into it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I've gotten back into Astroneer as of late (it's the perfect furlough game :smith:) and I'd just like to express my love for it for a moment. The entire concept of the game where everything uses these modular mounts, from machines to storage bins, is so great because everything just works the way you think it should. I just got the large rover, which is a huge upgrade from the base tractor, and I love that I can put the shredder on the front, keep a generator on the back, the generator powers the rover which powers the shredder and when the generator runs out of carbon it automatically moves another piece of fuel into it as long as it's attached to the rover somewhere and can have this little mobile base now. This game may not have quite the complexity of a lot of survival games in this vein but god drat is it fun. I'm bummed because I'm scraping up against the end of the tech tree now which means I've seen almost all there is to see.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

A friend of mine gave me a key to try the beta of this Hunter's Arena: Legends game, I had never heard of it before and thought it was a mobile game with a man yelling as the icon but it appears to be a real, actual factual videogame on Steam. I see the words MOBA, RPG, MMO, and Battle Royale in the description so I am truly expecting this to be awful. Anyone try this thing yet? Is this as much of a clusterfuck as it sounds like?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lol I was surprised to see a Mixed rating when I checked a little bit ago but the negative reviews I read just sounded like the people who are expecting a full fledged Xcom out of this game and none of the chud stuff but that doesn't surprise me at all to hear.

Edit: Oh hah there we go...

quote:

Preachy, badly written SJW crap. Even beyond the pushy liberal agenda the dialogue and voice acting is just cringe worthy. Beyond that the gameplay balance isn't very good either. Returned for refund. Hey Firaxis/2K, keep your liberal agenda to yourself or you won't be making sales!

explosivo fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 24, 2020

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Trickyblackjack posted:

Bah I don't know if I should get this new XCOM, get XCOM2 complete that's on a deep discount, or replay 1 with the Enemy Within content......

e: or play Mutant Year Zero from the EGS giveaway

The XCom 2 bundle is a fantastic deal and I highly recommend checking that out if you've played the first game already. XCom 2 on it's own was kinda meh but WOTC really makes it a complete game.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hakarne posted:

:siren:Hey goons, I started up a goon server for Conan Exiles!:siren:

Do you like bloody combat? Do you like exploration? Do you like carving out a safe home/kingdom in a harsh land? Do you want to collect severed heads? Are you in search of a new game to keep you busy for a while? Then give it a try! Check the megathread for more information.

Server Info Here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3921093

Megathread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3921092

So far it's just me and another goon, and we'd love to have more!

Hey I might take you up on this! I played this with a friend of mine ~ 1yr ago and had a good time building our base but we were on a public server and inevitably logged in one day to find our poo poo razed to the ground which is very much not fun.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Morter posted:

So i'm drinking and making bad decisions. I sort of want a space game.

I've been playing VD2 and really having a great time with it. It's very much a cross between Freelancer plus Mount and Blade style overworld/encounters. The flight and combat is fun, ships don't have too much inertia from what I can tell so you can do some cool moves easily. You also work your way up to bigger and badder ships fairly quickly in this compared to something like Elite. You won't be getting menial tasks like mining and whatnot, although you do get a fleet and can have other ships do mining for you. There's very little tedium here IMO but the systems and UI do take some getting used to. Also yeah the Art style is what it is but I was in my first huge fleet on fleet battle earlier today and it looks insane with missiles and lasers flying around everywhere.

Conversely I played RGO for about an hour and really did not enjoy it so I refunded it. Because it's EGS I still get to keep the game which is weird but I haven't booted it up since launch day.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Are you playing VD2 with M+K or controller? I've been thinking of picking it up, but I pretty much only game on my couch with a controller nowadays.

I've been playing KB+M, I'm not sure how well it would work with a controller but should be do-able. There's a good amount of buttons for various menus and stuff which I think is going to be your main issue if you're limited on buttons.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

What's the word on Generation Zero? The reviews are pretty middling at best but I also hear they've put some work in the game since launch and it might be better now? I guess I could always just try it this week.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Soul Glo posted:

Generation Zero :words:
Hm, that sounds like maybe something I'd be into. Thanks for the writeup!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

For anyone wondering, Streets of Rage 4 is on the PC Xbox Game Pass but for some reason doesn't show up in the new releases list so I had to search to find it to install it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hey this Generation Zero game is pretty rad actually, it is balls hard to start out but I had a friend join me and it made things much more manageable. Also the death penalty is pretty forgiving, you get to spawn at a safe house and the progress you made on the mission is saved. I convinced a few others to try it out I'm looking forward to getting a bigger group together as this does seem like the kind of game that is best enjoyed with company.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Whats with the flood of reviews saying that the last update killed the game? Something about the inventory system?

Apparently the game used to have a Day Z tetris style inventory system and now it does not. It seems like a net improvement imo, the one obnoxious thing is that every item has to be assigned a slot before using. This would be annoying on its own but the problem is when you run out of an item it clears the slot out. So if I run out of medpacks assigned to slot 4 in the middle of a battle and find another one, I have to open the inventory and assign it back to that slot again before I can use it.

It's annoying for sure but not THAT bad and it seems like the kind of thing that they'd easily patch once they see everyone hates it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I caved and bought Snowrunner and man it really is so much more improved than Mudrunner, which I guess makes sense considering Mudrunner was them gussying up Spintires which was a 2014 game. I usually played Spintires enough to get some logs halfway to the destination before tipping over and giving up because the goals were always pretty nebulous but I think I'll be into this one for a while.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

StrixNebulosa posted:

Ace Combat 7: god this is so pretty. And fun, I'm finally clicking with the controls and it feels awesome blowing things up. But oh my god it's so pretty:

I have a low tolerance for Anime bullshit, is there enough here to enjoy if I just skip all the cutscenes to get to the shootin?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

A Proper Uppercut posted:

There's cutscenes, but they aren't really anime, just melodramatic and overwrought. But they are all skippable. Game fuckin rules.

Good enough for me, thanks!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

As much as I love the visuals in AC7 (it is a gorgeous game that runs immaculately on my PC and holding the B button to watch the missile fly to your target is cool every time) I ended up refunding it after a few missions because I dunno how much time I'd actually end up spending with it. I think for what it's trying to do it's a home run for sure especially for $20 but I have a mountain of backlog that is getting bigger by the day as it is so yeah, for another time perhaps.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

StrixNebulosa posted:

I hope you try AC7 again in the future, and if you never get to it, okay, I hope you enjoy your backlog!

I see the appeal so I think I will when we're not in quarantine times and I have a job again, I just have to make sure if I'm buying something I'm going to actually play it. I'm already kind of regretting Generation Zero, although that was a bit cheaper and easier to swallow.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Session or Skate XL; are either of these games worthy successors to Skate or worth playing in their current states?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lol there's no way they go through with this after the bad word of mouth they're going to get before it even launches in this state.

... right? :ohdear:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

im gonna go ahead and pimp out Snowrunner on the Epic game store

Yeah this game is great, I need to get back to it because I haven't played it in a week or so but if you've ever played MudRunner (or Spintires before that) and thought "This is cool but I wish it wasn't so janky" then this is the game for you. They really made this game feel like a game and not just kind of a physicsey stuck-in-the-mud sandbox to drive around in. They added plenty of clear goals and objectives that get you money you can buy upgrades or new trucks with which is what I was always missing from Mudrunner/Spintires. The world was fun to drive around in but I never stuck with it for more than a few hours because it was never super clear what I should do or how to progress. This is their first proper sequel and they knocked it out of the park with this one.

Also I imagine you don't hear a lot about it because it's neatly sequestered in the Epic game store lol. I have a feeling this game would be huge if it was on Steam with some proper advertising budget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The bastard did it, he's going to get me to play Terraria one last time..