Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Nthing Control, get it on sale now because for $30 ($20?) it's a steal. I think it drags in the latter third or so of the game personally but I loved everything about the setting, story, and gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I played through all the heists with my friends back when they first came out and we had a very good time with them, mostly because it puts you in a lobby with just your group when doing these so you can largely ignore the random free for all that was freeroam mode. The problem was that the heists were long multi part missions that we usually stretched out to a couple days to even finish one heist, and when completed you split the winnings with your group. These things were pretty hard to complete, and I would like to see what portion of players of GTAO have even finished most of all of them because the money you got in the end was paltry compared to the prices of the cool stuff they were selling. The time commitment to earn money through the heists made them inherently not worth doing because the open world is such a madhouse that unless you want to pay real money for cool poo poo you're not going to really be able to use it on much. Especially if you want to do more heists because hey guess what, the new Doomsday heist they added require you to buy yet another massively expensive building to start your heist in because this was different than the other heists for some reason.

They also added other side ways to get money like stealing goods in bulk through short missions, but to participate in these you had to buy yet another building, this time a warehouse, to run this racket out of. This was the last thing I did in GTAO with my friends, the missions were decently fun but all took place in the open world lobbies with everyone else, and while you're in the mission it pings the map to let everyone know you're hauling expensive poo poo so you were always at risk of randoms coming to gently caress with you because they're bored. The last thing you need to do to get money from this racket was take the goods you've amassed in your warehouse through the multiple missions you've run to collect them and drive it all to the seller. We got blown up on the way to the seller by some dickhead in a VTOL jet and lost everything. Days of doing missions to save up enough stuff to sell for a decent payday and it was gone in a second because this random motherfucker in the server had a jet and nothing better to do with it.

Edit: Basically this

Lord Lambeth posted:

I think GTAO was worth it if you were there from launch but not really a lot of fun now.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Gettin' hyped for a Terraria update in 2020. What a world.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

StrixNebulosa posted:

2 I don't remember the exact ratios but it takes like 50 wall blocks to cover in a relatively small room, and that in turn takes a lot of wood, and it means you spend way too much time putting up walls. And by walls I mean the backdrop things, you have to use hammers to break them. Really annoying.

I won't argue the fact that there should be a "fill room" option or something BUT in this patch you can now lay bricks on top of other bricks to replace it without needing to hammer it first which saves a bunch of time when building.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hey thanks for the writeup, this sounds pretty great. I don't really know a thing about skateboarding in real life but spent hours trying to perfectly execute a line in Skate and really enjoyed trying to make things look smooth instead of crazy flip tricks all the time. I had even more fun putting the videos together which it looks like Session has or is planning to add. I'm going to keep an eye on it, next time the price drops I'll probably pick it up.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Got the bundle for Katamari, I couldn't care less about anything else so I'm passing the savings onto yooouuuuu! (Please quote if you redeemed one)

Pac-Man: BLFP9
Enslaved: X2AGP
Get Even: WT3ID
.HACK: TAKEN
RAD: Lurked :mad:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

explosivo fucked around with this message at 23:29 on May 19, 2020

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

That Crucible game published by Amazon went live a bit ago. I played a round of their Battle Royale thing and it feels pretty janky but not terrible I guess? I need to spend some more time with it. It really feels like they just took five popular games and made them into one game though, there's so many clear "influences" from similar titles in there.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

dmboogie posted:

it has some cool mechanical ideas but it is soulless and while it's functional the gameplay doesn't have any impact to make it feel actually satisfying, the sound design and poo poo is way off

~gamefeel~

This sums up my experience with it pretty well too. It feels like they mashed inferior versions of like five games together to make this game but never bothered to make it actually fun to play.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

cage-free egghead posted:

I've been playing Battleborn again with some friends and what I like about that game is the persistent leveling and gear customization that you get to play with between matches or story events. Does Crucible have anything like that or is it strictly just a one-round deal?

There's no persistence between matches, it's all Battleborne-type leveling within the match, except there's only 5 levels I think. I couldn't quite put my finger on it but I realized today it feels very much like being the monster in Evolve. You run around killing mobs and bosses (that are just big plants that shoot things at you) to level up until you're ready to fight.

Edit: I just uninstalled, I'm pretty sure I hate this game.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 21, 2020

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Bruceski posted:

Does Remote Play Together recognize other people's controllers as separate inputs or would they be limited to KB+M?

They can use a controller

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I had no idea about this supposedly awesome Saints Row 3 remaster and did some research to find out it's EGS exclusive lol. It's crazy how many games fly under the radar because they decided to sign an exclusivity deal with Epic.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

StrixNebulosa posted:

One advertisement has never made me feel so sad before

Lmao I sent a screenshot of this exact thing to a friend of mine today with more or less the same message. What have they done to mah boy :arghfist::smith:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

poo poo, that is a really good Cities bundle.. I haven't played the game in years but I suppose a bunch of new content would help spice things up.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Cardiovorax posted:

I personally don't like GOG Galaxy a lot. It seems to be very unreliable about when and how many of your games it actually decides to scrape when you have a lot of them and randomly forgets my accounts sometimes. I don't have so many off-Steam games that it has been worth the bother of dealing with that so far.

I wish there was a big picture type thing for it. I feel like the only time using different launchers has been that much of a pain in the rear end to deal with is when I'm on the couch and really really do not want to get up. Honestly I was surprised to see that it wasn't already a thing when I checked, that seems like such a slam dunk.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Some friends convinced me to buy Dungeon Defenders: Awakened and as someone who has played a bunch of these action tower defense games I really wasn't feeling it at all. Steam granted me a refund after 3 hours which I thought was p cool. I guess they intend for it to be this way but I don't like when you can't wall off and redirect paths in a tower defense game because I really want to figure out the best way to funnel everyone through a motherfucker of a hallway filled with traps and grinders and poo poo. In this game they all just follow the path and break walls that are in their way. I also find it weird that there's 4 classes but you can, and are encouraged to, freely switch between any of them during a match. This made it feel to me like there might as well have been no classes, which also kinda cheapened the multiplayer experience for me since everyone I was playing with could put the same traps down that I could. I miss Orcs Must Die, why did they have to ruin Orcs Must Die? :smith:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

sauer kraut posted:

Thank You kind Sir or Madam.
I will leave you with this video as appreciation, for those who do not know about donoteat01 yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lvUByM-fZk

I enjoyed this, thanks for posting it. Guy's got a bit of a Mr. Plinkett thing going on. Now if you'll excuse me I have to download every parking garage I can find on the workshop.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

My biggest problem with Satisfactory is that everything is huge and in first person it sometimes makes it hard to know how to lay things out. This is especially annoying later on when you inevitably end up reworking your entire factory, unless you build one of those big tower things to look down from above (which is honestly kind of a crappy solution IMO) you end up placing things, then realizing it's 1 square away from where you actually wanted it, tearing it down and placing it again. I wish there was some kind of drone you could get that would just let you see the factory from a bird's eye perspective without needing to build the tower.

All that said, I still did spend a bunch of time playing it and will come back to it but probably not until it "releases" at this point. I do wish I had it on Steam and not EGS now though :(

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mierenneuker posted:

Hitman 2 still has elusive targets, but far less than the first one. They ended up rerunning a portion of the targets from the first game. I wouldn't be surprised if they abandon them for the third game. If you have FOMO, then you probably don't realize how tiny these pieces of content are or you place too much value on cosmetic items (in the case of Hitman, they are suits you usually abandon within a minute).

Yeah the elusive target thing was cool if I happened to be playing when one was going on but I never like set my calendar to make sure I played it. Like you said the rewards were almost never actually usable in any way so I quickly stopped caring about them. Hitman 1's map rollout was kind of stupid in a lot of ways but it really did keep me engaged in the game longer than I was with 2.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I was one of the ten people who didn't really hate Torchlight 2. Pretty excited about the third one but gonna leave it on the wishlist for a bit to see if they can smooth out the server issues.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ugly In The Morning posted:

GTFO is on sale- is it something that’s worth playing if I’m an antisocial gently caress who doesn’t usually play co-op?

I haven't played it personally but did watch the Giant Bomb crew play it a few times and to me it seems very much like the kind of game you should only be playing if you have a crew to play with. There's a lot of co-op games you can get away with playing with randos or solo (Deeprock Galactic comes to mind) but this seems to be closer to Payday 2 in that you kind of need to coordinate all of your moves with your team to avoid getting murdered repeatedly. On top of that the last time I checked (this could be different now) they didn't even have matchmaking in the game, you needed to party up with people or go alone. IIRC their reasoning for this was specifically because they said the game would be hard to play with randos or no guarantee of voice communication.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

StarkRavingMad posted:

Here's a really neat small gameplay walkthrough of Shipbreaker by the devs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uga0SytCv5I

This is the first actual gameplay i've seen of this and I was sold before on the concept but this looks real cool. Feels like it'd be easy for them to add content to the game too by introducing new ship designs over time.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Supposedly getting a demo for THE RIFTBREAKER today (not to be confused with SHIPBREAKER Edit: Or EARTHBREAKERS lmao) which is that kinda cool looking ARPG with mechs.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mordja posted:

Huh, Everspace 2 is on that demo list but there isn't one.

Yeah I think they're slowly rolling out demos throughout the day or something because there's a few in the demo list that don't have demos up yet.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Shipbreaker seems pretty cool from what I've seen so far, I like the backwoods vibe with the guitar noodling and the set up for the story before you get started. I am curious to see how they keep things interesting as you progress through the game, from what I hear while there are a finite amount of ship designs the interiors are somewhat procedurally generated which is neat.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mordja posted:

So I don't know that actually I'd call Earthbreakers "good" but I had fun running into the enemy HQ with a flamethrower and burninating everyone and everything while a team on enemy engineers desperately try and repair it. That and runnin people over in my tank.

Kills make the noise you want them too.

I was like "That doesn't sound like Shipbreakers at all" but then realized you were talking about Earthbreakers. Between these two and "The Riftbreaker" it's a good day for games named "____breaker"

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

J posted:

drat I just played the riftbreaker demo and I loved it.

Same. I didn't know a ton about this game so I went into it expecting more ARPG with a side of base building as flavor but I think I really like how this game plays. Sorta twin-stick shooterey with a heavy RTS/Tower Defense focus and loot/crafting on the side. The physics of the foliage you cut down or blow up is very nice too. It feels a bit rough and definitely needs more time to perfect but I really enjoyed this and look forward to more info about a potential release.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

EarthBreakers feels like absolute dogshit. Still going to observe this one because I want to believe in the RTS/FPS hybrid and loved Renegade but eugh this is rough. Real rough.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mordja posted:

Riftbreakers is cool. Some real big bugswarms that go splat real nice.

Yeah I got a lot of Factorio vibes from the game between the swarming bugs and also the little drones that come out to build floor panels for you. The building is not at all like Factorio but I saw a lot that made me think "These guys definitely played that game."

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Cowcaster posted:

yeah, that's another interesting point: watching the previews for it and stuff over the past couple of months, for whatever reason it LOOKS like a game that would be incredible for multiplayer (even i think so), but it's very obviously a single player game. because as someone pointed out: the level of physics precision necessary as a core gameplay component makes that essentially impossible.

Yeah, my FPS plummeted when I accidentally blew up a ship yesterday from all the parts flying away from the epicenter. The physics simulation is pretty intense so I can see that being real tough to do with multiple people as well.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

buglord posted:

Has anyone had a chance to try out Occupy Mars yet? Base building survival game on mars.

I looked at that and it looked pretty neat but the developers only seemed to have made building simulator games (Rover Simulator, Soviet Spaceship Engineer) so I was wondering if this would be any good since it seems like a bit of a departure for them.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm hoping they add some real crazy alien ship designs into the game at some point. Something far less straightforward than the standard "remove these beams to get to the juicy center" of the ones in there now. Make it like a weird meaty alien ship or something. Or a Borg Cube.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah I'm on a 6700K and a GTX 1070 and it's mostly stable around 60 but as soon as something starts to go wrong it really does become somewhat of a slideshow. Once all the particles separate it goes back to normal but when things go boom it brings my PC to it's knees.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I wonder if these devs were under a contract to get a demo out on the day the event started no matter what or something like that. I don't think anybody involved with the creation of it would want the demo for EarthBreakers to be released in the state it is unless they were absolutely required to.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I can't recommend the game enough but never actually finished it. I think I got to a part that I couldn't really figure out how to progress and drifted away from it because other stuff came out. I'm thinking about buying it again on Steam for some reason but having to re-tread the stuff I already did seems like a waste of time. Game's amazing and I hope they get a shitton of sales now that it's on a platform where people can actually see it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's kind of a bummer that there's light spoilers in the screenshots for Outer Wilds. I know they need to sell you on the game so they're gonna show cool stuff but I kinda knew what was coming in the Dark Bramble based on what I saw in screenshots prior to buying it. With this game the less you know going into it the better for sure.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

luxury handset posted:

it's not a horror game, but the environment is hazardous and your worst enemy, and they seem to hit all of the environments that deliberately trigger gamer horror

Even timers :v:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm trying to tell one friend why Outer Wilds is worth checking out without spoiling anything and trying to ask another friend who bought it and is playing it for the first time just how far in he's gotten without spoiling anything and it's like trying to navigate a minefield.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Stokes posted:

It's so weird that I went out of my way to do all the animal and fishing hunts in Far Cry 5 and Far Cry New Dawn but I can't bring myself to press the checkout button on all the The Hunt: Call of the Wild with the game and all the DLC I'd want. I think it's because I went to the African Sahara dlc reviews and saw people complaining that there were no elephants or other exotic animals to hunt. Like it's real to them, and it creeped me out a bit.

I don't think that's weird at all. I love playing theHunter but have no interest in the savannah DLC. Hunting Deer, Bears, Elk, etc. is fine but once you start asking me to hunt Lions and poo poo I'm really not into it at all. It gives me visions of Don Jr. holding up that elephant's tail like he's never been prouder and eugh. FWIW someone did a writeup on some of the DLC's to check out a while back and the Trophy Lodge Spring Creek Manor is a good one to consider since it gives you a place to show off your stuff which is neat. I also got the Parque Fernando reserve which is really a beautiful place to walk around in. If you're interested in the game though there's so much content in the base game to keep yourself busy, and the game and addons go on sale quite a bit so I don't think you should feel obligated to jump in with a ton of stuff piled on at the start.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Reinstalling Titanfall 2 in 2020 because people are actually playing Multiplayer again, what a world we live in. I love how obvious it is that EA's been doing themselves a huge disservice by keeping their games off of Steam for so long. I just wish my games I bought on Origin worked through Steam. I mean TF2 is $10 I might just buy that poo poo again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Fallom posted:

The Creeper World 4 demo is great! I think they made the transition to 3D very well

I had never heard of this game before but I tried out the demo just now and I think I might be super into this? Are the older games worth checking out if I dig this and want more after the demo's over?