Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The 7th Guest posted:

Poncle's said before that they dislike ads in mobile games and this has ads. You would think they'd just charge $3 for the game on mobile or something, given that they only charged $5 on Steam. Rather than be Free w/ Ads. just kinda odd

Yeah, free with ads to revive or boost gold after is meh. Just let me pay for the game again..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Space amnesia

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Might actually be starting a new game of Witcher 3 with this update.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

That new justin roiland game High on Life is on gamepass and it's actually.. not terrible? I do not like Rick and Morty but this feels less like that although still obviously very much a justin roiland thing with intentionally obnoxious characters and enough profanity that it has me reconsidering saying gently caress so much. A couple genuine laugh out loud moments in the first hour or so alone. My biggest issues with it right now are technical; there doesn't seem to be DLSS support so it runs kinda lovely and there's also no adjustable FOV so it feels really zoomed in if you're used to a wider FOV. I wouldn't pay $60 for it but for a gamepass thing I might actually see where this game goes, I'm digging it so far.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Croccers posted:

Is there an option to specifically mute justin roiland and does it track this option and reports it back to the devs?

There are actually separate verbosity sliders for the gun and enemy chatter you can adjust.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm reading up on the patch notes for this Witcher 3 update and lol they just baked in a handful of community mods into this release to make their game better. It will be better for it but still pretty funny when most of the patchnotes are detailing the mods they're using.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

There's challenges in High on Life that appear as posts on an in-game forum you access from the menu and they're pretty funny and also explain mechanics required to do the challenges. Kind of a cool in-universe way to do that rather than just give you a checklist of things to do.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Potion Craft just showed up on Gamepass today to coincide with their 1.0 release, if you were interested in that and hadn't picked it up yet. I played it in EA but refunded it because it was super early on but did enjoy it so this was a nice surprise.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I got the JB Smoove gun in High on Life and I love JB Smoove but it's a stark difference in performances from the first gun voiced by Roiland. Smoove sounds like he's reading a script with a bunch of crazy words in it (he is) as opposed to Roiland's voice on the first gun that has that more improv-ey and natural sounding cadence that he does really well. Like it's not bad but it sounds like Smoove reading a script in a soundproof room as opposed to a gun blabbing at you like "Kenny" managed to.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah that's not really true at all. It's more Orcs Must Die.

Edit: Are you thinking of that other F2P thing they released a while ago? OMD Unchained?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mzbundifund posted:

Where does that sword come from

The man is holding it

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mzbundifund posted:

But that one’s still there

There are two swords/knives in the gif, the main character is holding one and the man getting hit in the face with a bat is holding one. When the man gets hit with the bat he drops his sword while the main character holds onto hers.

Does that clear it up?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Rinkles posted:

You got a source for that? I thought the purchase was amicable.

Yeah I saw the discord posts from the dev saying they want to work on other stuff so this was a way to get away from RoR. Didn't seem like they were pushed out at all.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Just finally bought Blasphemous based solely on the goon incredulity so thanks :cheers:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

A friend and I recently played through Escape Academy on gamepass and enjoyed ourselves, I noticed that Escape Simulator on Steam has workshop support which sounds awesome if all I want is more co-op puzzles for us to solve. Has anyone here played it?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Play posted:

Just beat Need For Speed Unbound single player and now easing myself into the multiplayer

It's a fun game for an arcade racer. Exceeded my expectations easily. And the driving feels SO much better than Heat my goodness. Dual NOS systems really works as well

Not so good is the map, it's kind of boring and there aren't enough courses. Frankly Chicago-lite doesn't excite me that much and the map seems very small. Story is also forgettable but the core characters are okay

I kinda cooled off on it in the S tier races because so many of them were long sprints on the highway where if you made one mistake the entire way you were basically hosed. I really wasn't having an issue with the races at all until S tier but for whatever reason just had a hell of a time even keeping up with the top racers in the pack even with a car pushed as far as it could go without tipping into S+. Maybe I just picked a bad car?

I wrote a lot of words about the game itt already but I do think it's leaps and bounds better than NFS Heat was and it's a shame that they just kinda put this one out to die because it's probably the best NFS game in a very long time.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Dec 23, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Basticle posted:

so is The Anacrusis worth $9.89? I'm not aware of any thread for it (or a general co-op FPS thread) I know it got pretty medicore reception when it first hit early access but it seems like it's gotten updated a lot since then.

I probably wouldn't recommend it unless you had a group to play with, Steamcharts shows the 30 day player average as 2.1. I didn't even realize until now that this game is still technically Early Access, too. I never actually played it, only followed it a bit when it launched, so maybe it has gotten better but I'm seeing a lot of "you have to join discord to find groups to play with" and that's never a good sign to me.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

victrix posted:

I didn't get any hits on requests for Risk of Rain 2-likes, I'll try a different tack

Are there any 'build a broken build' games with an regular chance of failure out there? (ie, not vampire survivor likes, where you just sort of mindlessly grind/win)

I found a few 2d RoR1 style clones (which are pretty cool, like Seals of the Bygone, but not finished yet), but nothing that's scratching the itch the same

Have you tried Gunfire Reborn? It takes a bit to get to that point but you can definitely get some broken builds and is fun in co-op if you have friends. On gamepass, too if you have that.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Oxxidation posted:

finally started Cult of the Lamb, and while it's definitely shallow it still digs its hooks in deep if you've got NUMBER GO UP compulsions like me

I just found the combat portions of COTL to be way less satisfying than the combat in Hades which I think is what they were going for. I ran out of steam pretty quickly because I just wanted to stay and hang out with my cultists instead of having to go grind more materials in dungeons I didn't find particularly fun to fight through.

Lister posted:

Me and my friends have been playing the Dark and Darker playtest a ton the last week. Already have 32 hours in it. I rarely buy games day 1 anymore, but it has me totally sold. I'm kind of worried that the wonderful simplicity of it will fade away as they add a lot more up to release because right now, I'd say they captured the extraction shooter formula as well as anyone can.

Oh drat I had seen streamers playing this and thought it looked alright but didn't know the playtest was instant approval on the store page. Might have to check this out.

Edit: oookay seems neat but uh i'm going to wait for a bit before playing this again.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Dec 24, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Cojawfee posted:

I played a bit of it on gamepass. I'm just worried that it's going to be like MGSV for me, where I really enjoy the standard gameplay but end up hating all the set pieces and magical poo poo that happens. If MGSV was nothing but just loving around in the 80s and shooting dudes, I'd probably still be playing it, but I kept running into stupid set pieces and boss fights that weren't fun.

I literally just skipped all the cutscenes to get to the road buildin' part of the game and had a blast with it for a while. I didn't end up finishing it because I ran into a game breaking bug which corrupted my save because I looked at some farm equipment once and didn't want to go back and lose a bunch of progress grabbing an earlier save. I did also hate the boss fights though. I really just wanted a sandbox mode that let me do the connecting stuff and not so much the story and boss fight stuff.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is there a way to figure out where I should be going to progress in Elden RIng? I've been away from it for a while but kinda want to play more and I have no idea where I'm supposed to be going.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

The yellow markers on the map sort of, not really, point to where you should be going. Otherwise just wander around, if enemies seem insanely strong you're probably not supposed to be there.

Yeah I kinda moved around the map to see if I could find somewhere I haven't been but I didn't really see anything jumping out at me. I'll give it another look though, thanks!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Sailor Dave posted:

I've been (very loosely) following this progression guide, which is relatively light on spoilers as you progress and won't tell you where everything is, but notes potential quest things you can miss as you go.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Roundtable_Guides/comments/tiouti/guide_to_the_intended_route_through_the_game/

This is perfect, thanks!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Avasculous posted:

Possibilities:
Darktide: system requirements might be too high, seems pretty buggy, and limited content.

Get Vermintide 2 instead. It's not 40K but it's basically Darktide except with like 20 times the content and it's all around an amazing time with a group of 4. You don't need to bother with any of the DLC at first, it's mostly [good] new maps and classes but there's so much in the base game for $5.99. When you all are sick and tired of Vermintide 2, Darktide is probably going to be a far better game than it is right now.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

sebmojo posted:

Elden ring with the seamless coop mod apparently works p well

drat, this rules

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Triarii posted:

I tried a couple hours of Cruelty Squad and I'm pretty sure this is a bad game that people "recommend" as a joke. This is videogame Malort.

It's impressive that they set out to intentionally make a game as off-putting as Cruelty Squad and hit their target and you have to commend them for that but no I wouldn't recommend buying or playing it unless you like saying "You just don't get it" smugly to strangers about bad games

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

drat Dirty Ape posted:

So I've got Grounded and Vermintide 2 in my cart. Any thoughts on Grounded? Just watched some videos and it looks pretty entertaining.

It's fantastic, one of the better survival games I've played tbh. If you can convince some friends to check it out as well it'll only improve the experience. Gets a little long in the tooth towards the back half but I really enjoyed my time with it. They've done some updates since I beat it that seems like it'll improve the experience too.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's crazy how loving bad the Android Steam apps are. The chat app has been broken since they decided to break it out into it's own app I think, where if you type too much it slows the app down to a crawl until it eventually crashes and this is apparently happening for almost everybody using the app judging by the reviews. I don't think I've seen a more universally 1* voted app on the app store than the steam chat app.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

How's the MW5 co-op campaign?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

RBA Starblade posted:

It's drop in for players 2-4. You can control their mechlab access but otherwise you all just go do it to it. Very stable and works great. It's super cool having your own signature mechs you settle on

Sounds fun, thanks. Might try to drag a friend into trying this out since it's on Gamepass.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Kibayasu posted:

Oh, in that case I imagine mods are out.

Nope!
https://twitter.com/MW5Mercs/status/1268580112078786561

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I wanted to read what people were saying about Gotham Knights now that it's been out for a little over a month and apparently they put out a patch for the PC version weeks ago that introduced a poo poo ton of crashes that still hasn't been fixed, it's like every post in the steam forum for the game. Powerful "DO NOT BUY" energy from that game even for -50%.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

FrickenMoron posted:

The DLC that made me enjoy MW5 was Heroes of the Inner sphere. You get to ignore the main campaign (but still can play some of its missions) and start in any major region of the Inner sphere with your own brand new merc company. A much better sandbox start and actually adds some mission types and maps too as well as a truckload of new missions for each of the houses with their own unique rewards.

So basically makes it a battletech campaign? drat I might have to get that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Fanatical has the Jumpship Edition of MW5 for $22, btw.