Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

'Backlog' implies I intend to complete them as some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Bought Ace Combat 7. Can't believe it's been like 15 years since I last played one on the PS2.

The weather effects for flying through clouds are really neat too.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

KazigluBey posted:

I don't think that's the only lol here

It's incredible how little of a poo poo they seemed to have gave about the remake. They also apparently included a clause were any custom maps made are the property of Blizzard now and forever. They must have been super salty that Tower defense, DOTA and autochess came out of those custom maps and they got zero profit from it.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

goferchan posted:

What's the best Dawn of War? I think I played the first one in high school but that's it

company of heroes

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

How is Ancestors The Humankind Odyssey?

Worth the :20bux:?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Does Battletech have a story/narrative campaign? Or is it like Battle Brothers with randomly generated missions?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

How is the DLC for Mechwarriors 5?

The whole deluxe package is worth twice as much as the base game :thunk:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Steam Thread: Please add sex, it would be greatly appreciated

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

In before "every video game is technically an rpg"

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

What's the best pirate-era sailing game that isn't Assassin's Creed 4/Black Flag or Sid Meier's Pirates!?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdRLNUGmFC8

I never really appreciated how good L4D's zombie animations were until now.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

ymgve posted:

Epic is actually doing just that, they take a 12% cut instead of Valve's 30%. (On the other hand, Valve only takes that cut on sales directly through their storefront, as far as I understand developers can generate an unlimited number of keys to sell on other storefronts, all for free)

So that's how that other sites selling steam keys works 🤯

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Protocol7 posted:

I've also been playing Hero's Hour which seems pretty straightforward and charming. Tried an Easy game and still got absolutely destroyed by the AI. Still pretty fun overall though.

Yeah I've been enjoying it despite getting curbstomped repeatedly too.

Really reminds me of a 2d Total War: Warhammer, right down to the turnbased campaign and real time battles.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Subnautica is genuinely one of my most favorite games of all time. Don't look up anything about it, just dive right in.

If you want to lean more survival than builder, The Long Dark has incredible atmosphere

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Holy poo poo, they're making a Marvel turn based tactics game?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/368260/Marvels_Midnight_Suns/

Please let this be good.

It's made by Firaxis :vince:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Zachack posted:

I mean the gameplay video makes it look like at least somewhat like a tactics game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R7_mrxDEeA

I've been meaning to post this video.

Based on what they show, it still sounds pretty good to me besides the whole "Talking to characters around the base to build relationships so you can unlock cards" and having a creatable character as a protagonist. Should have just made Blade (or whoever was the main POV in the original comic) the main character.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Rinkles posted:

I don't see it at all.

Other than Attack Cards and Skill Cards, yeah I don't see it either. It's actually more like that turn-based Mech game Into The Breach with the way positioning and knocking opponents into things work.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Hollandia posted:

I just want a decent stardew-like that has local co-op.

You know Stardew has local co-op now right?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Rinkles posted:

Remember when Steam sales would get their own threads, and be dozens of pages long within a few hours? :allears: Different era for both Steam and SA

this forum is dead and gay but Steam sales haven't been good/exciting for like 8 years now. Recent AA releases would drop 80-90%. poo poo was insane

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Mordja posted:

Looking for some coop games for three players, preferably ones with an actual beginning and and end. Genre or year unimportant.

Off the top of my head:
Factorio
Overcooked series
Magicka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The Spiderman port is absolutely incredible, holy poo poo. Are all the PSN games ported this well? Thinking of getting God of War now.