Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Artelier posted:

Anyone have any thoughts on Iconoclasts?

Cute platformer with some metroidvania overtones, but feels a lot more of a mixed bag sort of platformer and aimless in spots.

Great animation and okay story, but even as a 10ish hour game, kinda feels like it starts to overstay its welcome, and definitely whiffs it with the gameplay sometimes--the exploration generally feels unrewarding and some of the level design is bad, there's an elevator maze that deeply annoyed me

I'd say get it on sale if you dig story platformers, maybe along the lines of a Cave Story, but don't go in expecting a meaty metroidvania system, it's not quite that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
as long as we're jrpging since they're both on sale:

as someone who liked Vesperia a lot and hasn't really played a tales game since then, any opinions on Berseria vs just going with the shiny redone Vesperia?

also is any of this dlc anything good or is it all just the standard tales fare of expensive outfits and geegaws and +3 levels?

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

exquisite tea posted:

Tales of Berseria was entertaining to a point but I feel like anybody who has played the game should warn you it was made on a budget of like $20 and it unfortunately shows in the second half. The character writing and button mashy combat is fun, but after about 25 hours the story really begins to run out of steam as they have to find contrivance after contrivance to keep you revisiting the same four locations. It really could have done with a more focused narrative, which is true of many JRPGs, but especially one as low budget as this.

this is what I'd heard as well and it's why I was wary of it, because the trappings look really cool and I know everyone liked it more than Zestiria but that was a low bar

I went with Vesperia for a known quantity since I'm already just doing comfort food gaming this year anyway, and if Persona 5 Royal managed to suck away 150 hours then I suppose other remasters at least deserve a shot

also 428 shibuya scramble since it finally hit $10 and I've heard nothing but good about it, thanks golden week sale~

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Ulio posted:

Eh I wonder what the demographics would be for X-2? XV is just a bunch of dudes being cool and looking handsome, heck Gladiolus is basically shirtless in his default outfit..

x-2 is the best final fantasy

signed most gay men i've met and also me, the gayest

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Funky Valentine posted:

Does the remaster maintain some of Squall's lines getting replaced with "Whatever"? Because that's integral to the FF8 experience.

we all had that period of being emotionally stunted assholes who thought leather jackets were cool while being deeply obsessed with a stupid ccg ok

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
too beautiful for this world

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

SardonicTyrant posted:

Blessed page

Edit: sorry, I thought this was cspam for a second, so let me pad this with some content.

Got Dead Space 1 and 2 for 5 bucks apiece. Got that RE4 itch, and I figure this will help me scratch it.

if you're going to play dead space 1, look up the weird early game door glitch and figure out how to get around it before you get frustrated trying to figure out if it exists or not--apparently if your computer is too good for 2008 standards there's an early game event that fails to trigger for some reason and you can't go through the door right after you get the first weapon.

there's a way to fix this but it's a huge hassle

alternately do what I did and just play 2 instead, it's mostly a better game other than that isaac never shuts up

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
fortunately only one of the two outer games is worth it

weed page

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
ricardo milos, some brazilian erotic dancer i forget my memes

e womp womp

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

FastestGunAlive posted:

Do not appreciate the heathcliff fandom trolling the garf fandom like this

no one should terrify the neighborhood like this

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Zvahl posted:

no one should terrify the neighborhood like this

/

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
it's transcendent

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
yes it is probably best enjoyed secondhand

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
i love those loving pixel bosses so much

curse of the moon was the superior game and i loved ritual a lot so woop woop

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

anilEhilated posted:

I'm just happy Bloodstained is becoming A Thing.

...Wait, what was that fourth character again?

you be nice to Grant 2

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
the 2020s bringing the surprise return of voxels

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Just FYI there is a remastered version supposedly coming out in August so people may want to wait on that.

I've had Grim Dawn on my list for a while now, and while it is only $5 the 'definitive edition' is closer to $30. Is the DLC good/worth it? How does Titan Quest compare?

I tried going back to TQ after finishing Grim Dawn and found it singularly unsatisfying, and I'm an absolute mark for these games. I loved titan quest in 2000 and late, but it just felt so skeletal compared to how good grim dawn is as one of those games when I went back to it.

I'd play some other looty ARPG until GD gets somewhere more palatable price-wise tbh

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
that could only have helped yeah, last time I played TQ was right when the remaster came out and it got by on goodwill from 2006 so I bailed pretty fast

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Call Your Grandma posted:

can you control the game by flexing your buttcheeks?

depends on the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

exquisite tea posted:

Control is definitely the easiest game I've ever played that some people seem to have tremendous difficulty with. And it's not like there's some secret mechanical knowledge you need to have either, you can beat every encounter by... moving around and using all your abilities.

i gave up on the safe because that obstacle course is really hard and i feel like a clod for buying it on ps4 since I can't aim a drat gun with a controller lol

will probably double dip it later because it's cool and looks fun and maybe if it's on pc on a store that isn't garbage it'll be a bit more playable at least