Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

:lol: that they're making more money on the Kickstarter than the whole of the sales of the original game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
Even the stock photo model can barely conceal her disdain

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
People, why would you play a fromsoft game for the story lmao come on

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Hwurmp posted:

Metal Wolf Chaos

I withdraw my objection

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
I challenge this dishonourable video game to martial combat for disrespecting my time

While u complied code, I studied The Blade

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
iirc, Frostpunk is billed as a "misery simulator", right? Isn't intentionally frustrating the player sort of the thing the devs were going for?

(haven't played it myself but I have it wishlisted and am curious about the general consensus)

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
Battle Chasers Nightwar is a nice little rpg, albeit somewhat too slow-paced cause a lot of the enemies feel like huge damage sponges and you fight a ton of them

(also the title is really painful)

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
It's been a hot minute since I played it, but iirc, warrior gets a stinger-type move that I recall using 90% of the time over anything else, cause my ranged-class pawns would annihilate most threats before they ever got within melee range

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Fuligin posted:

guys im beginning to worry randy might be a sleazy sack of poo poo

Employees working for a notorious piece of poo poo even for the games industry: "duhhh how could this happun 2 me :saddowns:"

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Barry Convex posted:

This looks strangely familiar somehow, but I can’t quite put my finger on it. can anyone help out?

https://twitter.com/team17ltd/status/1247871820222660609?s=21

If you don't want to play animal crossing on pc then you aren't my friend

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
Up to personal taste, but I found turn-based way, wayyyyy too slow for poe2. It's a long game and every little encounter taking 5+ minutes to resolve is brutal.

Great game, but it was designed around rtwp and the addition of turn-based, while a neat touch, feels a bit half baked in execution.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
For some reason the devs thought that what was realllly missing from the first game was a dogshit SyFy channel script penned by Michael Bay on opiates

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

ZearothK posted:

I bet Valve could hire Morgan Freeman to voice Gordon Freeman if push comes to shove.

[fake edit] Honestly the best way to have Gordon talk to people would be through sign language.

Using any VA other than the dude who made Freeman's Mind is UNACCEPTABLE

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
TROUBLESHOOTER is out of EA for those that were waiting (such as myself).

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Samuringa posted:

There are so many things you could've done instead of writing such an idiot thing, but that applies to pretty much all your posts.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

tripwood posted:

I'm sad, my old potato ROG laptop could run Yakuza 0 and Kiwami 1 flawlessly and holy poo poo is Kiwami 2 kicking its rear end. You know that when the starting option menu lags you're in for a bad time.

I choose to believe that the massive lag spikes that happen when Kiryu tiger-knees a switchblade through the stomach of some delinquent highschooler are a stylistic choice by the devs rather than my mid-range pc dying

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Hang in there a bit longer. I think it really starts to shine once you get some more abilities. I remember it taking a while to sync with me too but when it did, it really did.

Act 1 of DOS2 is painful compared to the rest of the game, and I will literally never play it again without, at absolute minimum, the respec mirror in act 1 mod.

(though I also think it's too long and really drags by the end, and likely will never replay it regardless. Probably still the best multiplayer wrpg of all time though)

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

No Wave posted:

The thing that makes the game easy is abusing the invuln artifact. I don't think it's especially easy without that (and the instadeath pits made the game above average frustrating imo).

^this.

When in doubt, abuse the gently caress outta the phase locket.

It will carry you on its thin translucent shoulders all the way through the game (unless you're a freak like me who enjoys doing the various challenge runs in SK that preclude using it).

Also, Rookersh, if you like puzzles you're really gonna enjoy the card game parts of the King Knight campaign. It is a hoot and the last boss in the card section is fiendishly tricky.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
Some RTS I know nothing about is currently free on humble bundle.

Good? Bad? Who cares, it's free :newfap:

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
I definitely log onto EGS every week to get those free games so at least some part of their business strategy seems to be working

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
PC Users: Atlus, can we play persona?

Atlus: We already have persona at home.

Persona at home: https://store.steampowered.com/app/715910/Persona_5_Costume_DLC/

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
EA sucks poo poo

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
Excited but I hope the characters are balanced a little better this time around, I used the Belmont-style whip lady for 95% of the game and mostly swapped in Zangetsu just to tank damage during harder platforming sections

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Shadow225 posted:

What's the bit about Radical Dreamers?

It was a Japan-only game that, iirc, was made for some kind of insane satellite streaming TV game system in hotels or something (???), and is a tangentially related sequel to CT. There are fan translations available if you want to play it, which you shouldn't because it's terrible.

Crono Cross is the sequel to Radical Dreamers and references it a bunch more than CT, which is fine because Crono Cross is dogshit aside from the soundtrack.

Everything in the franchise that came after the original SNES version was worse than the next. Anyone who thinks the DS re-translation holds a candle to the Woolsey translation is a boor and probable sex criminal imo

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Qmass posted:

watchdogs 2 - non lethal or bust

Observe as my strictly pacifistic PC non-violently crushes the skull of this security guard with a billiard ball, coaxing him gently to sleep as if from the whispers of an angel's lullaby

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
Kojima-san has disrespected my time and sullied my honor and I challenge him to KUMITE

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
iirc, you could just gently caress around with an .ini file or something to unlock the dlc guy without actually downloading anything because he was supposed to be included in the base game, but EA will do as EA does

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
It also needs at least one character every single episode to mention either

a) that something is weak to fire

b) Bones! WALKING BONES :byodood: :byodame: :byodood:

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
My favourite storyline of the AoE2 campaigns is the one told from the perspective of a priest or missionary or whatever that ends up following Gengis Khan around, and after you beat the last mission he waxes poetic about how great it was killing all those people and how he misses the old days of butchery with the horde (spoiler alert for a 25 year old game lol)

It was pretty metal poo poo for 10-year old me :black101:

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
Re: wizardchat

I picked up Wizard of Legend in the summer sale. It's basically a 2d roguelite character action game. It looks fantastic in action and feels great if you want to be a kung-fu battlemage type guy.

Any game featuring a mega rock drill attack gets my automatic approval
Edit: ^ video demonstration here.

damn horror queefs fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 20, 2020

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Orv posted:

Shitpost enough and get promoted to chaingunner.

Listen folks, I think we can all agree that the closest goon analogue in Doom are Mancubuses (Mancubi?) and I for one am proud that we get such a thoroughly accurate and respectful representation

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Morter posted:

So I think I should either learn how be told to git gud in the rogue-like sense. What the hell basic instincts am I missing and should cultivate? Should I even try new games or just bang my head into the old one(s) until I either re-give up or make progress? :ohdear:

There are two basic skills that virtually every roguelite shooty game requires:

1) being able to circle-strafe while shooting in the general direction of the enemy. Generally you have to be able to keep an eye on your character AND the enemy at the same time to effectively guess the trajectory of bullets (yours and theirs). Most of these games reward dodging more than accurately hitting the enemy, so when in doubt just run the gently caress away and regroup.

2) patience / time / masochism

If you master those two skills then eventually you'll win.

Also, luck is a huge factor in many of these games. Sometimes you just have to get crushed and restart over and over until you get a lucky run that gives you some OP nonsense loadout where you become death incarnate. Those count as wins too!

E: oh yeah, and turn off screen shake in the options menu if possible. I used to run into bullets constantly during screen shake animations in Nuclear Throne

damn horror queefs fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jul 31, 2020

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Angry Lobster posted:

There's no death like being buried alive with money.

It definitely killed former game development studio Valve, lol

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
PC culture done did it again :argh:

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Pigbuster posted:

An indie game I've been following on Twitter where you play as a spider with laser eyes and realistic web physics just got a trailer+name+steam page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhN6IdZGEd0

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1390350/Webbed/

This is extremely my poo poo. Thank you

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

GrandpaPants posted:

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/ic-publishing-bundle

The $12 tier looks tempting to me. Fell Seal is a good game, if not somewhat overlong, but if you like SRPGs, it's one of the better ones on Steam. The DLC is pretty good too, especially if you want to do a pokemaster run. How are Deep Sky Derelict and Conglomerate 451 (and I guess the other games in the bundle)?

Deep Sky Derelict is pretty decent for an indie sci fi Darkest Dungeon ripoff. It also has a neat slavpunk flavour that I appreciated. I got bored about 25-ish hours in, but it's worth the price of admission.

It's nice the DLC is included, I only played the base game (from a previous bundle) but I assume it's an improvement.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

dbzfandiego posted:

I did not really enjoy it, the writing is limp, the itemization is just out right bad. If you can get over its problems the combat is quite good, and it is multi player.

Div 2 OS is a TON of fun in multiplayer tearing rear end through the game and ignoring the story, but playing it single player would probably be a drat slog.

Also I don't really get Larian's fetish for animal abuse and it kinda bums me out how horrible things are constantly happening to every dog or cat you come across but I'm also a big wuss so ymmv.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
If any game has a shotgun that isn't chunky and loud and intensely satisfying to fire then throw it into the loving trash

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Not sure where else to ask this question. I've noticed a lot of games have discords and sometimes I join them to see what's goin on. In almost every one I go to though, everyones using Pepe emotes. Is this some sort of weird alt-right thing or am I just being paranoid?

You're mostly right, it is a weird alt right thing though not necessarily always.

Ref. ADL's hate symbol designation page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :unsmigghh: