Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wrong thread whoops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I've been playing Children of Morta which is kind of a lesser Hades, I'd say. That sounds like faint praise but I loved Hades. It's a top-down action brawler like Hades and it rolls the mechanics of the game (i.e. the constant dying) into the story of the game, which I find clever, and you always feel like you are progressing no matter what happens. It's 11 bucks during the sale.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

anilEhilated posted:

Yeah, it's pretty good. I wouldn't call the story clever but it definitely has some touching moments.

Look man I just didn't want to say ludonarrative ok, and now I have. -_-

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I bought too many games and now I have choice anxiety

https://twitter.com/Shvartacus/status/1334585168053501952

Now I have genital anxiety

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Cardiovorax posted:

Truly, I have never felt more properly represented in a video game before. The immersion is staggering.

Greetings fellow penis 2 haver

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hmmm doesn't seem to be a setting for my MAGNUM DONG

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I thought they were about to release a huge remaster of the ME trilogy and also there was a new ME game confirmed

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I don't see how their remasters will do anything that you can't currently do with a mod on PC. The fact that ME3 remaster wont even have multiplayer is some bullshit, might as well not even bother imo. I would have considered getting it if it meant a revived robust multiplayer community again. Or maybe they could have redone the unlock system to not be literally insane?

Hmm well I got ME3 in the steam sale because I never played it (it was the full version with all the dlc and the "fixed" ending or whatever) but I decided not to play it because it looks like an 8 year old game and I saw that the remaster was forthcoming. But I can just get all that on nexus or wherever?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

graventy posted:

I don't think Diablo is a super great comparison, Children of Morta is a rogue-lite with a 3/4 view perspective. It has persistent unlocks and an overarching story. I played a bit of it on gamepass and thought it had a pretty neat style even though I kind of suck at those.

I said this a few pages ago but it's a lesser Hades (which isn't bad Hades is exceptionally good!) - isometric action roguelike with strong story elements that use the constant dying mechanics as part of the narrative.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

OgNar posted:

Are there any conversions for modern Xcoms?
I love the gameplay but hate all the micro management extra bullshit.
Need a conversion that just gives me combat missions.

That reminds me: Isn't this Chimera Squad? (and is it good, I got it in the sale but haven't played it yet)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My problem with Origins is that once you get the shock gloves, combat changes from the standard Arkham style to basically "charge shock gloves, use shock gloves" and that wasn't nearly as fun.

You take the tank stuff out of Knight and it's fantastic, but because of that City is the top game in the series. Are they making more?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Isu were very advanced

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So is there a Mortal Kombat strength pill so I can go toe to toe with Superman as Harley

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Trickyblackjack posted:

Arkham combat with a different set of characters in a different setting seems like a good way to go. I like that one of the Street Sharks is in there for some reason.

That's the King of All Street Sharks bud

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

dmboogie posted:

PSA, until it’s patched cyberpunk is pretty much designed to trigger epileptic seizures

Source.

https://twitter.com/DirtyEffinHippy/status/1336204870970433536

It's not even a subjective negative review or anything. Not that that would justify anything but if this wasn't a female reviewer it wouldn't be happening.

zoux fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Dec 8, 2020

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Phlegmish posted:

That's not what I wanted to hear, but you know what, maybe it's time I check one of these out. No better place to start than a game made by a developer with a humane workplace culture. Wishlisted.

https://twitter.com/barry/status/1335987639292469250

It's very good.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I bought a brand new 2080 Super in March so there's no loving way I'm getting a new GPU anytime soon but I had intended to buy myself a PS5 for Christmas and after a couple of weeks of watching them sellout within nanoseconds I gave up and bought a Rift S from Amazon that I received within 48 hours and 1) Wow VR is 100% legit huh and 2) I'm actually happier with this than the PS5. I'll probably still get one, but in the spring or summer when you can just buy them like a normal person.

Anyway, what's up with the lack of supply for the new GPUs and consoles? Did they underestimate the demand, are they at production capacity limits, is it covid supply chain problems, what? Nvidia had to know that with the specs they were offering at the prices they were offering they needed to make a unit for every man, woman and child on earth

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I get that FB is more evil than your average company, but what's the difference between "you have to have a FB account to play Oculus games" and "you have to have a steam account to play games on steam"?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Xaris posted:

not even close

one is a public facing social media account where you aren't allowed to use a fakename with a mess of obtuse 'privacy' settings that barely work and can and have been revoked on a whim; and one is just a gaming login where everything is as private displaying nothing more than xXwEeDlEBoNeRFarTz69Xx where the worst that'll happen is you can get banned via chargebacks.

The only FB account I've ever had is one I made for a wow guild ages ago and it has almost nothing besides my name on it so maybe it's not much of a concern to me as it would be to people who use it like you're supposed to - so if I sound ignorant on the subject it's because I am. But if you're playing an Oculus game with another random person online, they can access your facebook page and other identifying data?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sab669 posted:

As you've already noted, Valve isn't really in the business of completely unregulated political advertising and mass propagation of misinformation / weaponized information.

Ok so it's more like the Epic store

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jurassic World Evolution is five bucks, so I got that and after 30 minutes it's pretty cool, I've been looking for a good management game. Rollercoaster Tycoon with Dinosaurs!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Dixie Chicks were wrong to write their hit song "Xi Jinping Thought is Class Treachery"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is CP2077 the most hyped game like ever? I was trying to come up with a comparison last night, i.e. "This would be like if XXXX bombed at launch" but I can't think of a more highly anticipated game

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I got a Good Computer for the first time in my life at the beginning of the year so I've been playing all the AAA and must-have titles from the past 5 years or so and The Witcher 3 was not that impressive to me. Combat sucks. I also didn't care for RDR2, or Chores: the Game, that much either.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sab669 posted:

Play a Sign heavy build and the combat is mega fun IMO. What is Chores: the Game? I could describe many that way...

e; And yea, CP2077 was teased in like 2013 but if you told me they spent '13 - '17 designing the city and like '17 - '20 on every single other thing else I would believe.

Red Dead I mean. It's just too slow and too much dicking off, I get that's the attraction for a lot of people but I didn't care for it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I mean that's just kind of the Rockstar Way. Maybe I don't notice it as much in GTA games because you can get around pretty fast but when you open up the RD map and see like a ten minute horse ride ahead of you, yeesh.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Phlegmish posted:

I usually have the opposite, hipster reaction; if something is too hyped-up and popular I get less enthusiastic about it. Usually serves me well, I'll get CyberPunk 2077 when it goes on sale

That's just how AAA game development works now, it seems. Buy a game on day one and it's going to be a buggy mess. I stopped playing Valhalla after the first patch they put out for it didn't actually do anything, and I'm waiting until it's "fixed" until I go back to it. The last patch they did on the 15th also didn't fix it.

Basically it's foolish to buy a game within like the first six months of release (but I still do it :eng99: )

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BexGu posted:

It really isn't often you see a game pulled from both the Sony and MS Digital stores and said company offering refunds for physical copies.

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1340013516628103170?s=19

It's going to take a generation for CDK ( if ever) to get its rep back. Cause right now they are just another EA, Bethesda, Ubisoft, etc.

I think a lot of developers would take that deal lol

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hwurmp posted:

the following noise means "hello what's for supper"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dynOPJYMAdI

:krakken:

Hmm, I'm gonna play it in VR.

Subnautica has a loose story structure right, like goals and objectives and poo poo. I have it but I've not played it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

All releases should be delivered via Tim Buckley photoshopped dialogue balloons.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Same man still my original 360 controller from nearly 15 years ago. Tried others - switch pro, dual shock but nothing bests that 360 controller for me

I got an Elite 2 and it's worth it just to be able to remap thumb stick clicks to actual buttons

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Invalid Validation posted:

I got an elite 2 controller and I love it but it has very bad problems with Bluetooth connection. Depends on the game but it will just randomly hitch and make the game stutter and lose connection. Apparently it’s a known issue that’s been around for years so it will probably never be fixed which is a shame.

Get one of these, 100% perfect connection and you can modify profiles without plugging in the usb c

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Immortals Fenyx is a pretty fun action platformer that's basically arcade Odyssey so hopefully it's more in that vein than like, Watch Dogs or Far Cry

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Fruits of the sea posted:

Hey, I'm in the mood for a GTA game or similiar where I can just dick around and drive or shoot stuff as desired. Any recommendations?

Related - what's the process for installing Rockstar games these days and does it take a long time? Last time I installed GTAIV I had to open a support ticket to get the Rockstar client working and the Games For Windows client failed to install 3 times in a row. GFWL is no longer a thing and a decade has passed so I have no clue what things are like now.

Mad Max

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Y'all were talking about Freelancer a couple of pages ago, how are the Rebel Galaxy games? I loving loved Privateer when I was a kid and I've been playing Elite, but y'all know how Elite is.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You ever do that thing where you ask about a game and then look up gameplay for it and remember that, oh yeah, I played that already. :sweatdrop:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I am replaying Rebel Galaxy, a game I allegedly played for 14.4 hours sometime in 2015. The music is atrocious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2GikVQXvf0

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

explosivo posted:

Rebel Galaxy was fun but definitely not Freelancer, combat in that plays a bit like the boat battles in Assassin's Creed; moving on a 2D plane and broadsides and that kinda thing. Rebel Galaxy Outlaw went more in the freelancer direction with 3d movement in space but honestly I found it really dull in every way except the visual style and I refunded it after a half hour. If you played and love Privateer you might get some enjoyment out of RGO but I was incredibly disappointed by the game after generally being a fan of the first one.

Update on this if anyone cares: RGO isn't just *like* Wing Commander: Privateer it is a homage/almost-remake of the game. It's a "mixed" review game on Steam which is normally a never buy but if you want to play Privateer updated to the modern age, this game is that. I love it, but I can see why people might not.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Cardiovorax posted:

I've never played Privateer, but I tried my hand at RGO and it felt weirdly... primitive, in certain ways. I suppose if it is really intended to be a faithful near-remake of Privateer, this would explain a lot about the game that struck me as strange back then. Maybe I'll give it another try now that I know this.

Yeah on the title screen there's graffiti scratched into the wood next to the protagonist that says "G. Burrows was here", G. Burrows being the default name of the main guy in Privateer. The big, chunky HUD and the graphics and art design are all from there. I think maybe some people got turned off by the autopursuit but honestly dogfighting isn't the point of the game and all those old 90s space fighter games were "chase the dot around the radar screen" so it's pretty nice imo

I've never played Freelancer, how is it different from Privateer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Cardiovorax posted:

Yeah, basically. Freelancer is a third-person open-world dogfighter first and foremost. The game is very mechanically simple by comparison to many space fighting sims of its type. If you'd call something like the X series a deep CRPG, Freelancer would be an action-adventure in the best kind of sense - very immediate, very straightforward, very colorful. It's a good game.

It's abandonware so I could download some crack and gently caress around with it for a week until I got it run halfway good, doesn't seem to be on any of the stores