Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
This conversation sucks rear end but I'm hesitant to shut down actual media discussion since y'all took the question with way more good faith than it may have deserved. Just don't get loving weird in here!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
remnant barely has loot or interesting character progression. It's not a bad game but I would not go to it looking for a loot fix.

May 8, 2006

Sab669 posted:

You're putting words in my mouth, I never said anything about people working multiple jobs / minimum wage - obviously that's a serious problem. My original post was saying that if you HAVE SKILLS and don't like your work environment then go somewhere else. Anyways I'll just stop responding now since most of you don't seem to be willing to have an actual discussion and are instead just saying "you're dumb and your opinion bad" which is not how you change someone's opinion lol

Good move! In fact, think carefully before posting in here again!

In the interest of the beloved practice of collective punishment, next time I'm gonna change the thread to being the 'PC Gaming Megathread' as a punishment to you all. Not fair, I know, but it's important to establish that I am extremely uncool.

May 8, 2006

going to ask if I can just put a pic of the skifree yeti as the thread title

May 8, 2006

more accurately a few people said no in between pages that were, generously, 10-20% talk about steam

May 8, 2006

Orv posted:

Literally everyone that answered you said no.

right, the small handful of posters that bothered to answer said no, stuck in between posts about hardware and EGS free games

May 8, 2006

Kibayasu posted:

Threads for all stores except Steam.

Seriously though any other store threads should stay because since they are smaller they can have more specific issues.

yeah the other store threads can stay, that's not a big issue

May 8, 2006

Orv posted:

Just to be clear, the thread title is almost immaterial here, it's the whole new mods coming in and acting like by not going along with this we're somehow loving up their cool plans and being smug about it. It's not a great look.

Just to be clear, again, I made a joke and some people were in support so someone took the initiative to change it. There were no cool plans. It was just assumed that people wouldn't care if the threads title matched its actual content.

May 8, 2006

SirSamVimes posted:

Are you really surprised that goons are obstinant about the most arbritrary bullshit

To be honest this time yes

May 8, 2006

I will say that I do lurk this thread quite a bit but never post, so I get the criticisms about visibility and I can try to post more so it feels less outta nowhere.

May 8, 2006

StrixNebulosa posted:

What video games do you play? I have been playing Warhammer 40k Space Wolf and it's surprisingly good for a mobile game port. Good PC options, the F2P bullshit is mostly gone and instead I can focus on the weird design.

It plays like XCOM but every unit gets a deck of cards for actions so if you need a heal potion and draw a sword instead you're hosed. But there are cool item combos and you can make overwatch automatic for units. I like it but I doubt I'll finish it.

I did actually just play Mechanicus - it's a pretty solid XCOM-like, my only real issue with it is that it's a too easy on the normal difficulty if you're familiar with that sort of game.

I also just bought Demoncrawl, I was on the fence but the giant post upthread pushed me into it

May 8, 2006

Leal posted:

I'm at the stage in Fallout 4 where I need to decide between the Minutemen, the Institute, the Railroad or the Brotherhood of Steel. Who should I go with?

I can't remember half of these tbh so I'm gonna say railroad

May 8, 2006

i'll admit a double standard where I'm perfectly fine with smaller devs like the Factorio folks having such a stance on sales but think it's gross when a years-old call of duty game or the sims is still full price

May 8, 2006

Hwurmp posted:

just fyi I am keeping an extensive record of everyone who says I'm bad at videogames and I will be suing you all for libel and defamation of character in the amount of no less than ten trillion dollars or one mint-in-box copy of Duke Nukem II

another case of sue because poo....

May 8, 2006

bloodborne PC will be worth it so you can put all the weapons at the front of the game and maybe mod in infinite blood vials, fixing two of its largest issues

May 8, 2006

Wasteland 3 seems like it'll rule once they release the definitive edition next year

May 8, 2006

*pounding fork and knife on table* MORE IMMERSIVE SIMS

May 8, 2006

Flimf posted:

The "Realms Deep" expo thing is still going on and a billion indie shooter games are announced every second.

Most importantly though is an expansion to Amid Evil: The Black Labyrinth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2--kql5YFww

Also the aptly named Hellscreen:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1410090/Hellscreen/

could not be more hype for more Amid Evil, I beat it on the ~secret difficulty~ but have been mulling a replay.

also I don't know when it was added but playtimes in your library now show fractions of an hour played and i'm way into that

May 8, 2006

Morter posted:

or an anagram whatever.

May 8, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

wake is a fictional character.

alan fake

May 8, 2006

So I wanted to just ask the thread - what do y'all think about untagged spoilers? These games are pretty old but people are also constantly picking up older games due to sales/word of mouth. Generally it's left to whatever the thread culture seems to be, but this one is so wide that it might be a special case.

I'd especially like to hear from lurkers/seldom-posters on this since I imagine this thread has a huge population of lurkers.

May 8, 2006

every time I mean to try starsector I install a ton of mods then barely play

May 8, 2006

Kragger99 posted:

All this chat about BG3 and Divinity original Sin II has me installing the latter. Are there any tips/tricks that I should know about before starting?

difficulty curve is laughably poor but once you get rolling it's all p manageable

May 8, 2006

I somehow became Steam friends with Audish and they write reviews for tons of games on there (though I think they may be on a break from it for now) and it's actually been one of the most helpful metrics for shopping on there.

May 8, 2006

i'm only like 5 hours into Y7 but my only real issue is that, mechanically, it's a real slow burn to open stuff up but I think it ends up not being huge because the plot moves along well. you're not in a persona issue where just, nothing happens for the first few hours.

May 8, 2006

I thought in BMX XXX it was not that you cycled nude but that you were rewarded for good cycling with nudity

May 8, 2006

what's wrong with the probe

May 8, 2006

StrixNebulosa posted:

I need someone to play Ant Empire and tell me if it's any fun to play at all.

this looks neat but when i clicked on it i was hoping for more of an unofficial sequel to simant

May 8, 2006

the moral is use the cool powers and don't be bullied by a game's narrative

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 8, 2006

the horde mode they added to eternal is pretty fun if that's your thing