Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

Covok posted:

I edited my last post.

Hey, thanks! I think these people have stopped using SA.

Similarly, there was someone putting together a Shadowfist (Feng Shui) PbtA on here maybe 5 years ago, I recall it being pretty interesting but don't remember if it was ever finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Leperflesh posted:

no but if you make one I'll post in it
actually it'd make sense to just make it a general Modiphius 2d20 system thread, so people who play the other games based on it could post too?

I don't know jack or flip about it unfortunately, just started reading the books for an upcoming game

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

EthanSteele posted:

I don't know jack or flip about it unfortunately, just started reading the books for an upcoming game

I've read my conan 2d20 book but I haven't actually run or played a game yet so I feel similarly unqualified to make the thread OP but I guess we can give it a shot anyway?

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
As someone with a boatload of interest and minimal passion in 2d20, please share link here.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
I am also interested.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3925914

OK I made a thread. I'll work on a post introducing the basic 2d20 mechanic shortly.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Similarly, there was someone putting together a Shadowfist (Feng Shui) PbtA on here maybe 5 years ago, I recall it being pretty interesting but don't remember if it was ever finished.

That's finished, I played a campaign of it with a bunch of friends a while back. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ze6h7eqg4vqvhgf/Shadowfist%20PbtA%20%28FC%29.pdf

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Might be a dumb question; is there any thread here for the Bushido miniatures game? Couldn’t find anything that fit really.

Obviously not expecting it to be super active given that even stuff like the Shadespire thread is well quiet, but interested to see what goons think of the game.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

You're looking for the historicals thread.

Everyone is really nice and that's the wrong green.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Is there a 3D printing thread? I thought there was a thread but its late and I didn’t see one.

Also, if I have legal files, is it okay to ask for other goons to print them for me?

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Hi, i'm going to shill for a moment:
The san jenaro co-op has an itch bundle up with all four Short Games Digest, all in all 45 small games for 20 dollars, all proceeds going to raise Bail Funds for black lives matter.
https://twitter.com/sanjenarocoop/status/1267542405646962688

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

TURGID TOMFOOLERY posted:

Is there a 3D printing thread? I thought there was a thread but its late and I didn’t see one.

Also, if I have legal files, is it okay to ask for other goons to print them for me?

I don't know about a specific thread for it, but I've definitely seen people making threads in SA-Mart to buy printing services for pre-existing files, so as far as I know it's fine as long as you're legally allowed to print the files.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Whybird posted:

That's finished, I played a campaign of it with a bunch of friends a while back. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ze6h7eqg4vqvhgf/Shadowfist%20PbtA%20%28FC%29.pdf

Oh cool, thanks for this! I did some digging through my RPG stuff and found I had saved the update playbook document from back then too- well done on all the different juncture moves.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

TURGID TOMFOOLERY posted:

There's a 3D printing thread in the DIY forum, here: MakerBots, RepRaps and UP!s: It's 3D printers!

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Some TG designers, including myself, are doing a bundle on itch.io to support MIGIZI, an org supporting Native American youth in Minneapolis that was damaged by fire last week!

UnCO3 posted:

The bundle is here!

MIGIZI Support Bundle

MIGIZI is a Minneapolis organisation that supports Native American youth—unfortunately their building was damaged by fire last week, so they need donations to rebuild as well as run their usual program. So, here we've got a bundle with content from a bunch of game designers in Trad Games (Nemesis of Moles/Sandy Pug, Meinberg, Jimbozig, potatocubed, and myself). You can see all the games on the bundle page, a pretty diverse mix: some big, some small; some better-known, some a little obscure; a whole spread of genres and types.

The bundle will run until a week from now, and the donation should be able to be made about two weeks after that (a week for itch to process payments, then about another week for itch to process a payout).
Here's the launch tweet if anyone has a moment to RT:
https://twitter.com/SpeaktheSky/status/1267984972960411649

UnCO3 fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jun 3, 2020

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
If anyone likes romance manga, there's a romance manga about playing magic the gathering in the 90s that's a lot of fun.

https://manga.fascans.com/manga/destroy-all-humankind-they-cant-be-regenerated

Talking about it always has a split where you can see if people came for the 'romance manga' or the magic part. :v:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

UnCO3 posted:

Some TG designers, including myself, are doing a bundle on itch.io to support MIGIZI, an org supporting Native American youth in Minneapolis that was damaged by fire last week!
Here's the launch tweet if anyone has a moment to RT:
https://twitter.com/SpeaktheSky/status/1267984972960411649

Some of these are inspired. I'm still just downloading but Shepherd Through The Ash and Flame has such an insanely strong pitch.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I'm trying to find something, it was a site I think or maybe it was just a collection of posts but they involved using DnD (or possibly pathfinder) rules to do crazy poo poo, the particular one I'm looking for was some psionic? class that could visualize the future perfectly for a turn or two, and the crazy part was using stuff to somehow extend that out to forever

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Cuntellectual posted:

If anyone likes romance manga, there's a romance manga about playing magic the gathering in the 90s that's a lot of fun.

https://manga.fascans.com/manga/destroy-all-humankind-they-cant-be-regenerated

Talking about it always has a split where you can see if people came for the 'romance manga' or the magic part. :v:

I read the Chapter 0 and I enjoyed it both as a cute romance and as a Magic thing. Though on the latter matter, it helps that I started playing Magic shortly before Tempest so there's some nostalgia factor going on as well.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

The Chad Jihad posted:

I'm trying to find something, it was a site I think or maybe it was just a collection of posts but they involved using DnD (or possibly pathfinder) rules to do crazy poo poo, the particular one I'm looking for was some psionic? class that could visualize the future perfectly for a turn or two, and the crazy part was using stuff to somehow extend that out to forever
Are you thinking of the save/load exploit? I would have to actually pull out some books to get the full idea but here's what I remember:
  • The Forced Dream power lets you reset time/the game state to the previous turn if you want. Normally there are restrictions on it like targeting and the window in which you can use it. However...
  • ...somehow you can put it on your psicrystal and then Greater Time Hop it hours into the future.
  • If all goes well, you signal your psicrystal with Psionic Sending whenever it pops back into the timestream. Otherwise if the psicrystal doesn't get your signal by the time Forced Dream would wear out (or it receives your SOS), it triggers FD and resets the game state to when FD was first used. Which through the above machinations isn't rounds prior but rather hours prior.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

NGDBSS posted:

Are you thinking of the save/load exploit? I would have to actually pull out some books to get the full idea but here's what I remember:
  • The Forced Dream power lets you reset time/the game state to the previous turn if you want. Normally there are restrictions on it like targeting and the window in which you can use it. However...
  • ...somehow you can put it on your psicrystal and then Greater Time Hop it hours into the future.
  • If all goes well, you signal your psicrystal with Psionic Sending whenever it pops back into the timestream. Otherwise if the psicrystal doesn't get your signal by the time Forced Dream would wear out (or it receives your SOS), it triggers FD and resets the game state to when FD was first used. Which through the above machinations isn't rounds prior but rather hours prior.

Thank you so much! I remembered it used quintessence and searching that + Forced Dream let me find it:

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?121334-The-Dream-of-Metal

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Oh cool, thanks for this! I did some digging through my RPG stuff and found I had saved the update playbook document from back then too- well done on all the different juncture moves.

Wait, I didn't mean to imply that I wrote it, just that I found it online and played a campaign with my friends.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Ah, got it.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
I'm making some substantial progress on the release of my RPG grimDARK. Behold, a couple weeks of previews of grimDARK: A Fistful of Ashcan Edition

The Announcement
https://twitter.com/TheEldritchTomb/status/1263982761771175942?s=20

The Missed Date
https://twitter.com/TheEldritchTomb/status/1266262700507594752?s=20

The Preview
https://twitter.com/TheEldritchTomb/status/1268682871398715393?s=20

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Does anyone have recommendations on a VTT? Roll20's interface isn't all that impressive, and I'm looking for something that's a bit nicer looking and a more engaging.

The ones I'm looking at the most are Foundry, Fantasy Grounds, and Astral, but I don't know how they compare, or if there's a better one out there. FG has a pretty UI, and I like that Foundry is a one time fee instead of a subscription, but Astral's system looks really dynamic and has a free version.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
I was literally going to post the same thing. As a script kiddie, I'm leaning Foundry, but I had some interactions with the Astral staff a year or so ago and they seemed very kind and scored point from me for that.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
itch.io is doing a fundraiser for the NAACP and Community Bail Fund, where a $5 minimum donation gives you a really absolutely ridiculous amount of games, including several very good tabletop games: https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Lemon-Lime posted:

itch.io is doing a fundraiser for the NAACP and Community Bail Fund, where a $5 minimum donation gives you a really absolutely ridiculous amount of games, including several very good tabletop games: https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality

There's a The Cool Zone TTRPG.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

That bundle also has Lancer and Blades in the Dark.

e: Wow there's a lot of interesting RPG and small press stuff in there, I underestimated how much work people post to itch

al-azad fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jun 6, 2020

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

al-azad posted:

That bundle also has Lancer and Blades in the Dark.

e: Wow there's a lot of interesting RPG and small press stuff in there, I underestimated how much work people post to itch

yeah there's an absurdly good lot of stuff in there, I just wish itch gave you better tools for saying which games you actually want

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Most of it looks like it's the sort of thing that would never sell a single copy if it weren't bundled with something else, and probably will have one copy actually read for every hundred that sells, but there are some real gems in there. Blades in the Dark and Lancer are worth the price of admission by themselves, on the TTRPG side. I'd love to hear people's recommendations for what games in that bundle are actually worth looking it, because god knows that's way too much content to explore blindly.

I haven't purchased PC games from itch.io yet - when it says Steam keys aren't included in bundle purchases, does that mean they're only accessible through itch.io?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Kestral posted:

Most of it looks like it's the sort of thing that would never sell a single copy if it weren't bundled with something else, and probably will have one copy actually read for every hundred that sells, but there are some real gems in there. Blades in the Dark and Lancer are worth the price of admission by themselves, on the TTRPG side. I'd love to hear people's recommendations for what games in that bundle are actually worth looking it, because god knows that's way too much content to explore blindly.

I haven't purchased PC games from itch.io yet - when it says Steam keys aren't included in bundle purchases, does that mean they're only accessible through itch.io?

Mausritter and Troika are both very well thought of recent games in the good parts of the OSR community that are in there.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Kestral posted:

Yes, they’re DRM free copies like downloading a straight zip file from GOG or Humble Bundle.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Arivia posted:

Mausritter and Troika are both very well thought of recent games in the good parts of the OSR community that are in there.

Troika! surprised me, pleasantly, I had no idea if the creators were politically aware. It just warmed my heart.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Joe Slowboat posted:

Troika! surprised me, pleasantly, I had no idea if the creators were politically aware. It just warmed my heart.

Yeah, the writer is on the side of good.
https://twitter.com/Ignus1/status/1267242924187754496?s=19

Sleepaway is on there. It's a horror RPG I haven't played but a friend adored.

Also worth noting it doesn't dump 700+ games into your library forever polluting it looks dtrpg. You can claim things individually.

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jun 6, 2020

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Lemon-Lime posted:

I already have Blades, but kicked in $20 just to get Lancer and Troika!. Even if there's literally nothing else in here I like then that's already a brilliant deal.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

CitizenKeen posted:

I was literally going to post the same thing. As a script kiddie, I'm leaning Foundry, but I had some interactions with the Astral staff a year or so ago and they seemed very kind and scored point from me for that.

I've decided on Astral. Almost all of its features are free (Pro gets you a ton of storage, but 2GB free is still plenty), their tutorials are really winning me over, and the lighting and effects you can add are really doing it for me. It's a lot more intuitive than most I've tried, and it's really good at getting you set up quickly.

[edit]I can't figure out how to make the animated trees, campfire smoke, and sunlight like they have in the tutorial. Is that a Pro asset?

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jun 6, 2020

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

mango sentinel posted:

Sleepaway is on there. It's a horror RPG I haven't aged but a friend adored.

Got a chance to play Sleepaway as a one-shot with the designer, and even though it shines best in campaign play, it was still incredible and I can't recommend it highly enough.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice

:sickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
for the first time every i paid more than the minimum-for-all-content price on a pay what you want bundle. truly worth it.

also a lto of the video games in that bundle are also very good.