Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Impermanent posted:

for the first time every i paid more than the minimum-for-all-content price on a pay what you want bundle. truly worth it.

also a lto of the video games in that bundle are also very good.

Yeah I accidentally paid $10 when I meant to pay $5 shrugged and went still a steal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Quote (from me) from the Nice Marines game I'm playing in, ""I'm eager to get into combat, but I'm also eager to get this parade that I've planned started. So I'm going to grab it, and just shove it down the cliff face to start the parade."

This game is fantastic

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

berenzen posted:

Quote (from me) from the Nice Marines game I'm playing in, ""I'm eager to get into combat, but I'm also eager to get this parade that I've planned started. So I'm going to grab it, and just shove it down the cliff face to start the parade."

This game is fantastic

Wait, what's "it"? This is pivotal to how I feel about your post

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

'It'' was the lead float, people and all, that was supposed to taked the planned parade route down the cliff face, across the financial district (which we buried under half a mountain), towards the centre of the city where heretics had infiltrated the Astral Hyperchurch and started an uprising.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Impermanent posted:

for the first time every i paid more than the minimum-for-all-content price on a pay what you want bundle. truly worth it.

also a lto of the video games in that bundle are also very good.

If you have a moment, could you highlight some of the good PC games in that bundle? I know (and love) Night in the Woods and played (but didn't love) Oxenfree, but I didn't recognize anything else on there.

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Kestral posted:

If you have a moment, could you highlight some of the good PC games in that bundle? I know (and love) Night in the Woods and played (but didn't love) Oxenfree, but I didn't recognize anything else on there.

Off the top of my head, One Shot is quite the experience.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Kestral posted:

Catlateral Damage!

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Kestral posted:

overland
catlateral damage
midboss
vilmonic
beacon
minit
cook serve delicious 2
tonight we riot

Were the big ones for me. Beacon, after the fact, because I'd never heard of it but holy poo poo it rules. Very stylish and quick to pick up roguelike shooting game with really good gamefeel.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Hell if you donate $10 to that bundle you can tweet your receipt to the Cook Serve Delicious devs and get the third for three. They're giving it out to anyone who donates $10 or more to something right now

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Kestral posted:

Minit is really cool and really weird. Super Hexagon is incredible. Both of them you'll figure out if you like them in about a minute.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Quadrilateral Cowboy seems pretty neat but I've only played a couple of missions so far.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice

UnCO3 posted:

Some TG designers, including myself, are doing a bundle on itch.io to support MIGIZI, an org supporting Native American youth in Minneapolis that was damaged by fire last week!
Here's the launch tweet if anyone has a moment to RT:
https://twitter.com/SpeaktheSky/status/1267984972960411649
This has a little over 32 hours left if anyone else wants to get in on it—18 games and supplements for $50!

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.
I just played Mausritter with my son and I gotta say, if you're looking for a game to introduce your kids to RPGs this is the one. It's cute without being patronizing, challenging and gritty without being dark or gloomy, delightfully magic-infused without being over-the-top, and OSR-inspired without being married to the sacred cows of D&D. I'm considering running a hexcrawl of it for my adult group just because it scratches that Torchbearer itch without being, you know, Torchbearer.

Oh, and it's PWYW on itch.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Gau posted:

I just played Mausritter with my son and I gotta say, if you're looking for a game to introduce your kids to RPGs this is the one. It's cute without being patronizing, challenging and gritty without being dark or gloomy, delightfully magic-infused without being over-the-top, and OSR-inspired without being married to the sacred cows of D&D. I'm considering running a hexcrawl of it for my adult group just because it scratches that Torchbearer itch without being, you know, Torchbearer.

Oh, and it's PWYW on itch.

It's also in the itch.io Megabundle going on right now, along with a metric poo poo-ton of other good stuff, for just 5 bucks!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Itch bundle just updated with hundreds more titles, ttrpg related first thing I noticed was Hex Kit and a bunch of add-one for it like HPS Cartography. The Ground Itself looks like a neat story game, very much like A Quiet Year.

al-azad fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Jun 9, 2020

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

al-azad posted:

Itch bundle just updated with hundreds more titles, ttrpg related first thing I noticed was Hex Kit and a bunch of add-one for it like HPS Cartography. The Ground Itself looks like a neat story game, very much like A Quiet Year.

Holy poo poo, it's real, it went from 25 to 34 pages.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

al-azad posted:

A bunch? I've found 2: spaceland and HPS. Could you name any others just to save me scrolling through everything?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Jimbozig posted:

A bunch? I've found 2: spaceland and HPS. Could you name any others just to save me scrolling through everything?

Hex Kit itself is in there, but the other official Hex Kit tilesets (Fantasyland and the Black Spot) aren't, at least so far.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

Arivia posted:

Hex Kit itself is in there, but the other official Hex Kit tilesets (Fantasyland and the Black Spot) aren't, at least so far.

Thanks! I was just wondering if I'd missed any.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
I’m trying to build an index at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J3sNC1ADWIlsFYTe3JSuI5gaqx5saut9aLNXUcg5Kds/

Added RPG highlights include Ironsworn Delve, Impulse Drive, Atomic Robo FATE and Costume Fairy Adventures.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice

I just published "Banned From Argo, an rpg" on itch! It's a Honey Heist hack (with some original rules) about Space-Fleet's finest taking some shore leave and generally raising hell, inspired by the (in)famous filk song of the same name. You create a crew member complete with a shirt colour (yellowshirts go boldly, blueshirts spout technobabble and protocol, redshirts... do what redshirts do), and you have two stats: A Little Fun and Too Much Fun. Oh, and a criminal record.

https://twitter.com/SpeaktheSky/status/1270497166814052354

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Interesting stuff in the I liked itch.io bundle besides a bunch of indie that hasn't been mentioned here "Here's my take on ..." stuff like someone who has a persona inspired rules lite, a spooky horror game you play with a tarot deck, a play by mail game where everyone makes up a prophecy and how it comes true/what twists it has
2 adventures for troika (including a not-starjammer game)
a system agnostic but recommended for dungeon world or 13th age adventure
a system agnostic book on how to make fantasy races (and it specifically avoids the name races instead opting for 'folk') compelling without being racist, including a bunch of sample "here's some ideas for elves.." "heres some ideas for fish people" and so on.
pbta magical girls/transformation based RPG

there were also some hex creation tools, and at least one set of playbooks for monster hearts.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Which one's the Mahou Shojou one? Wonder how hackable it is for Tokusatsu...

I know the Persona Rules-Lite is Stand Up!, an interesting counterpart to the in-development Legacy hack Voidheart Symphony.

EDIT: Looks like it's "Glitter Hearts".

DoctorWhat fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jun 10, 2020

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

DoctorWhat posted:

I know the Persona Rules-Lite is Stand Up!, an interesting counterpart to the in-development Legacy hack Voidheart Symphony.

If you have or are willing to buy Savage Worlds, there's a module in there for Tokusatsu specifically, it's called "Savage Tokusatsu." There's an extra adventure in there too, "Savage Tokusatsu: Shimmer Guardians Adventures!"

Anyway, the specific magical girl game I found in there is Glitter Hearts, which does have alternate rules for Super Sentai (nothing for Ultraman or Kamen Rider though, if that's what you're more interested in.)

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Coolness Averted posted:

... a spooky horror game you play with a tarot deck...

...a system agnostic book on how to make fantasy races (and it specifically avoids the name races instead opting for 'folk') compelling without being racist, including a bunch of sample "here's some ideas for elves.." "heres some ideas for fish people" and so on.

I am extremely interested in these ones. What are their names?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

paradoxGentleman posted:

I am extremely interested in these ones. What are their names?

The spooky game is Black Mass, it requires a GM, and is about two girls wandering the Woods of Salem it has 3 scenarios based on time of year and general theme (like October is spooky witches, February is winter desolation)

The system agnostic lore book is "One Page Lore Fantasy Folk" and as the name implies it tries to give a bunch of interesting new races and fantasy staples some interesting hooks and quirks. I've skimmed it and there were some interesting ideas for dwarves at least and fungus people. As a quick heads up, it also seems to be less a guide or tips and how do to the same and more the stuff the writers came up with for their games.

DoctorWhat posted:

Yep those were the ones.
Other fun things I saw, but actually named this time instead of vaguely referenced
ANTological theory: GMless game in which 3-5 ant philosophers engage in debate.
Aurora Mixam: The Oracle game I mentioned, designed for play by mail
The Atomic Robo RPG
Impulse Drive: A Space Jerks PbtA hack
6 bites for 6 princes: The dungeon world/13th age suggested system agnostic adventure I mentioned earlier
Chronicles of the Spacejammer: The Spelljammer Troika hack
So you've been thrown down a well: A Troika adventure that starts with the party being thrown down a well

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

Not related to this bundle, but if you want a toku game, have you looked at Henshin? It's a Belonging Outside Belonging game (though annoyingly it doesn't explicitly acknowledge this) with each playbook representing a super sentai colour.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Cross-post from the production/publishing thread: I just put out my first ever game!

LAST SHOOTING

Cover by Simon Sweetman

Last Shooting is a 2-player game about mech pilots in a series of duels within a war. It uses the auction-based resolution mechanic from Final Bid, but in a new scene structure, and the way your list of biddable resources works is completely different. It is intended for single-session play, but with plenty of flexibility so no two sessions will be the same. Define your pilot, and destroy them in turn. The battle hinges on what remains.

PDF on Itch
PDF and PoD on DTRPG

This started as an idea I had at work one day last fall, and I've really enjoyed bringing it to this completed, professional-looking state. I'll probably make some more small projects every once in a while, but it feels good to have this first game done and hold it in my hands.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
As someone who playtested Last Shooting, even if you don’t particularly like giant robots you should play Last Shooting. It does a remarkable job of building unique and intimate stories from some random rolls and your own desire to win.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

Mr. Maltose posted:

As someone who playtested Last Shooting, even if you don’t particularly like giant robots you should play Last Shooting. It does a remarkable job of building unique and intimate stories from some random rolls and your own desire to win.

Thank you so much!

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

Are there any simple but fun dungeon crawlers out there, something along the kines of Heroquest (or perhaps on a hex board)?

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Can anybody tell me anything about Skull Diggers from Jacob Randolph/Gnome?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

DoctorWhat posted:

Check the back of the book. Glitter Hearts has rules for "Vehicle Based" heroes which is clearly Power Rangers.

That said, I think I prefer Henshin. I don't know. I am intrigue by this recent trend of "playbook-agnostic" powered by the apocalpyse games. Or games which clearly use PBtA but don't use playbooks, instead reverting to more traditional methods of character generation. However, I can't help feel like they miss the point of playbooks, to reinforce genre conventions and facilitate emulation. I don't know. Maybe I am just a fuddy-duddy on this issue since hacking PbtA was my first big "hack" thing.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

CitizenKeen posted:

Can anybody tell me anything about Skull Diggers from Jacob Randolph/Gnome?

It's a game made up of three sub games:
A town worker placement game where you try and make the town nicer to give you better gear, more classes, and better worker placement spaces by spending money from dungeons and trying to get the good spots before the other people in town take them. The GM plays other factions who don't have your best interest at heart.
The exploration game uses a deck of playing cards where you go out and try to scout out the dungeon in the wilderness and then explore its depths. You flip cards off the top of the deck (with different characters having different ways they can react to the cards) to build your path and you can spend cards from your hand to alter them. Depending on what card you have, you either get in a fight, find an obstacle, find a dead end, or find safety. In the dungeon you can also find treasure you can sell in town for cash for the village game.
The combat game is dice poker. The enemies go first, letting the players react to them. There are various positioning moves and class abilities that modify it, but the combat roll is three dice where you try and make a pair, a triple, or a straight, with better "hands" doing damage. I'll admit this is the one I understand the least, as I haven't gotten to sit down and read the books all the way through as if I was going to play it.

One last thing is that the game is split completely into two books, and the Marrow Master's book has an enjoyably sinister voice that explains, "You are playing the villain, and you are out to kill the characters." Since the game is very deterministic, you don't have to pull your punches, as you're not planning dungeons or monster encounters. You just know "I've picked this set of baddies for the dungeon and the cards will fall where they may."

I like the theme of the village being completely unconcerned with you, the people who go out and do the work that keeps the village running, and they will happily choke the life out of you to make a few more coin. It's definitely got some bite, and it's made me want to go dig into it more. Downside is that it seems like it'd be a pain to run online, and... well... I haven't gamed in person in a while for obvious reasons.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
gently caress, that sounds awesome. Missed the Kickstarter. But I'll keep an eye on its eventual release.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Is there a dicemaker who offers premade dice that have alchemical/astrological symbols on them? Something like this but preferrably with most of the symbols on a single die?

if not, is there a better custom diemaker than Chessx?

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Is there a dicemaker who offers premade dice that have alchemical/astrological symbols on them? Something like this but preferrably with most of the symbols on a single die?

if not, is there a better custom diemaker than Chessx?

I'm sure that this is exactly what you want and that you will be satisfied with it and have no further questions

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

i don't know what it is or does but i know i need it Badly.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

And here I was, just thinking I needed a resolution mechanic for my Timecube RPG....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005