Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Gatts posted:

Oh God what if it’s Dr Manhattan

Dr. Manhattan dgaf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It'll be an exciting new hero, Snyderman

It won't be Zack Snyder but a guy who was deadlifted by a radioactive Zack Snyder

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Bob Denver and a bunch of piano wire

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Beachcomber posted:

Dr. Manhattan dgaf

Tease everyone into thinking it’s gonna be Dr. Manhattan but it’s really Nightowl.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Angle Grinder Man

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Tease everyone into thinking it’s gonna be Dr. Manhattan but it’s really Nightowl.

Nite Owl and the Owls of Ga'hoole, forming a team to fight the machinations of Owlman.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
My guess would be Dr. Manhattan, or Rorschach.

Orion is also pretty likely.

I was down on the Snyder cut initially, but then realized it basically can't be worse than Whedons version, even if he makes every single named character a Christ-analogue. The fuckin' high-school-anime boob-grabbing fall from the Flash is the cringiest thing, it hurts me to think about.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

We live in a society, but are not of a society.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Wait, did they announce granny goodness is in it THEN that a mind blowing character would be there, or is that the same announcement?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Gatts posted:

Oh God what if it’s Dr Manhattan

Even better, it’ll be the Regina King Manhattan from the Watchmen tv show.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

It's gonna be Darkseid's old friend Sleez, teasing that Justice League 2 is gonna adapt that comic where he uses his mind control powers to make Superman and Big Barda film a sex tape just to mess with Mister Miracle

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
If it's someone that vanity Fair staff writers think will shock "hardcore fans" then it'll be a relatively famous character that we already know is in it, like GL or MM

If it comes from Snyder, then the more obscure guesses have a chance, I'd say Orion or along those lines

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Yall don't know poo poo. It's gonna be Alf and I am gonna be screaming

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

ruddiger posted:

Even better, it’ll be the Regina King Manhattan from the Watchmen tv show.

LUBE MAN

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Alpha Alf

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
A gorilla stands over the grave of the late Jimmy Olson. She turns to the camera, and says "Grodd... angry!"

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

it’s going to be godzilla and it’ll start the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Wait, did they announce granny goodness is in it THEN that a mind blowing character would be there, or is that the same announcement?

Granny Goodness was already in the trailer.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
It's Dog Welder.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Rumor has it that it'll actually be J'onn J'onzz, which makes perfect sense although it not a very exciting addition to the DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Isn’t it Granny Goodapples?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mierenneuker posted:

Rumor has it that it'll actually be J'onn J'onzz, which makes perfect sense although it not a very exciting addition to the DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE.

They've already talked about that character being in the movie so that probably wouldn't be it.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Calling it now - Keanu getting even richer with Constantine again. It has to be a major star with a prior connection, and this is literally all that's left.

Unless it's loving Lynda Carter AGAIN.

Aha maybe it is.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Maybe it’s the Spectre

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Harvey Weinstein

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Activate webcam to reveal the newest superhero is you, the viewer!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

feedmyleg posted:

Ugh it's going to be this, isn't it? :chloe:

That or it's old man Keaton Batman.

e: though it's not like it'd be without precedent—Brando's corpse being puppeteered around on screen was a very early entry in our digital resurrections. Fred Astaire is the only earlier example I can pull. I would say Sky Captain but at least that one has some larger narrative purpose behind it.

Wasn't there an announcement sometime last year that Keaton was going to do a cameo as his Batman in an unnamed project?

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Activate webcam to reveal the newest superhero is you, the viewer!

Oh wow, MY mom's name is ALSO Martha!

...are we still making fun of that? I can't keep track

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Let's not forget about the real hero in all of this: the troops and the first responders.

:911:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I can't find the good version of Save Mothra so just pretend I posted it here.

Uatu The Lurker
Sep 14, 2003

I can say no more!
Already I have over stayed my time in this ephemeral sphere!

muscles like this! posted:

They've already talked about that character being in the movie so that probably wouldn't be it.

I feel like VF's readership isn't necessarily keeping up with Zack's Vero. I'd be surprised if it's more than just recycled/updated news. (We didn't technically know it was gonna be at the end.)

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

fancy stats posted:

Let's not forget about the real hero in all of this: the troops and the first responders.

:911:

I saw a billboard near my house that said "Not all Superheroes wear capes" with a picture of nurses or something.

Now to be fair,
1. not all Superheroes do wear capes
And
2. Their heart was in the right place

But that's complete nonsense. Super heroes are superheroes because they have superhuman abilities, or at least enough money to simulate the former.

Nurses and Doctors and Firefighters are big drat REAL heroes.

Soldiers and cops can be heroes if they actually do something heroic, but not until then.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Beachcomber posted:

I can't find the good version of Save Mothra so just pretend I posted it here.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Some movie news:

First up, Blue Beetle officially a go, with Angel Manuel Soto attached to direct and it will focus on the Jaime Reyes version (I am unfamiliar with this one so chime in on if those comics are good)

quote:

“Charm City Kings” director Angel Manuel Soto is set to direct “Blue Beetle,” DC Films and Warner Bros.’ first superhero movie starring a Latino character, individuals with knowledge of the project exclusively tells TheWrap.

The screenplay is from Mexican-born writer Gareth Dunnet-Alcocer, who wrote Universal’s “Scarface” remake and Sony’s “Miss Bala.”

In DC Comics, Blue Beetle is the superhero alter ego used by three different heroes, but the film will focus on Mexican-American teenager Jaime Reyes, the third character to assume the Blue Beetle mantle.

https://www.thewrap.com/angel-manuel-soto-blue-beetle-latino-superhero-dc-warner-bros/

Secondly...a Monster High live-action tv movie!!!! For those of you unfamiliar with Monster High, think "what if Bratz were also monsters?"

quote:

Monster High, the ghoulish toy line, is getting another stab at television with a new animated series and the franchise’s first live-action project.

Nickelodeon and Mattel have teamed up on two projects featuring the Clawdeen Wolf, Draculaura and Frankie Stein characters.

The ViacomCBS-owned network will premiere the two projects in 2022.

The animated series will follow the characters as they navigate the hilarity of high school in the hallowed halls of Monster High. It will be showrun by Shea Fontana, who has worked on DC Superhero Girls. Claudia Spinelli, SVP Animation Development, is overseeing the project for Nickelodeon, and Mattel exec producer Adam Bonnett and Christopher Keenan, SVP Content Development, overseeing for Mattel.

On the live-action side, Jenny Jaffe, who wrote on the Big Hero 6 TV series and is working on the new version of Rugrats, will write a TV movie musical event alongside Greg Erb and Jason Oremland (Princess and the Frog). Production on the Monster High movie is being overseen by Nickelodeon’s SVP Live-Action Zack Olin and SVP Live-Action Scripted Content Shauna Phelan. Adam Bonnett is also leading the live-action project for Mattel.

https://deadline.com/2021/02/monster-high-live-action-tv-movie-animated-series-reboot-nickelodeon-mattel-1234698667/

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The first run of Jaime Blue Beetle was excellent. He's featured a lot in Batman Brave and the Bold.

Regretful Humming
Apr 27, 2015
I'm holding out for Robotman. Come on, Brendan Fraser!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The Jamie Blue Beetle stuff is great, but I’ll believe his movie is happening when it actually hits theaters.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
The whole "we live in a society" meme that's got everyone into a frenzy from Justice League - where's it from? I'm thinking I first heard it in either Seinfeld (a George rant) or one of Clerks or Mallrats (could be a Dante or Brody line), but I'm sure someone'll tell me I'm wrong.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Payndz posted:

The whole "we live in a society" meme that's got everyone into a frenzy from Justice League - where's it from? I'm thinking I first heard it in either Seinfeld (a George rant) or one of Clerks or Mallrats (could be a Dante or Brody line), but I'm sure someone'll tell me I'm wrong.

It is from Seinfeld, mixed with Gamer Joker memes.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/gamer-joker-gamers-rise-up-we-live-in-a-society

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.