Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol: that they're treating it like a new development, but go back 34 years to Robocop

You say that like they haven't also complained about the treatment of Scrooge in A Christmas Carol. They'll defend any rich person they can think of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Wrong thread, Robocop might be a bit ahead of its time, politically.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Nucleic Acids posted:

Is that the Pointy Haired Boss from Dilbert in the upper left?

No, that's from the first Despicable Me movie. That is the boss of the Bank of Evil, a bank exclusively for supervillains. It's really ridiculous that someone like that has to be a bad guy, animation studios are at it again!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

And to boot, according to the Lindsay Ellis video, there was a studio mandate that they weren't allowed to give the dwarves scenes to flesh out their personalities.

What?

Anyways, finallly reading this article about the guy who inspired Turtle in Entourage and his surfeit of shittily produced movies, and lolling at this description of Willis type movies where he only shows up for 5 mins but is the face of the ads

quote:

Emmett produced Lone Survivor, a Wahlberg blockbuster, with his Russian money, and it was something of a prestige film for EFO. Around this time, he also made Setup, which paired 50 Cent with Willis in one of his many geezer teasers. For Willis, the appeal seems clear: lots of money for very little work. But 50 Cent had much more invested in the project, which grew out of his own production company, Cheetah Vision, where Emmett worked as president for a time. In 2013, Oasis Ventures gave EFO another infusion of cash, and Emmett’s output picked up even as some of his investors and script writers said they struggled to get paid.

https://www.vulture.com/amp/article/randall-emmett-movies.html

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

If you haven't watched those videos, they're well worth your time. Full of What? moments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTRUQ-RKfUs

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Mierenneuker posted:

No, that's from the first Despicable Me movie. That is the boss of the Bank of Evil, a bank exclusively for supervillains. It's really ridiculous that someone like that has to be a bad guy, animation studios are at it again!

The Bank of Evil, Formerly Lehman Brothers. And how could you slander the fine people at Lehman Brothers

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

Shageletic posted:

What?

Anyways, finallly reading this article about the guy who inspired Turtle in Entourage and his surfeit of shittily produced movies, and lolling at this description of Willis type movies where he only shows up for 5 mins but is the face of the ads

Hahaha Randall Emmet is an alum of my film school and did a big ol speech with Peter Berg at the awards ceremony for our thesis film festival, so this is incredible.

I had NO idea he was in the inspiration for Turtle.

AccountSupervisor fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Apr 6, 2021

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Battlefield Earth only adapted the first third of the book. Imagine two whole movies about fighting Belgian mercenaries who've been living in the Congo for 1000 years, humans discovering the works of Adolf Hitler, biological discussions of the Psychlos, and Earth being foreclosed and put up for auction by aliens.

I want this adapted like they did Atlas Shrugged, with each movie having half the budget of the previous one and an entirely different cast every time

aware of dog fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Apr 6, 2021

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

quote:

“The thing around Hollywood that a lot of people say is it’s a surprise Randall hasn’t been killed by Russians or something, knowing the kind of money he deals with,” the producer who has worked with Emmett says. Neither Emmett nor EFO films has been accused of any criminal violations in connection with the financing of his movies. Still, he says, “the number of people who share that line, like, ‘I’m shocked Randall is still alive,’ you just wouldn’t believe it.”

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Shageletic posted:

What?

The bit on Willis demanding his shooting schedule be cut short to only one day where he spent most of the time lounging with an electric fan :lmao:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I don't remember if it was a Fox News guy or some other similar ghoul. A couple years ago they made a stink about how college kids "suddenly" view Frankenstein's monster as a sympathetic character.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Remember the anger at The Dark Knight Rises over have a villain named Bane?

And that movie leans right pretty openly.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I will never forgive fox news for making GBS threads on mass effect for being a sex simulator

which it is obviously, but if fuckin blue alien ladies is wrong, hell, I don't want to be right

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The Klowner posted:

I will never forgive fox news for making GBS threads on mass effect for being a sex simulator

which it is obviously, but if fuckin blue alien ladies is wrong, hell, I don't want to be right

FemShep can't knock boots with Jack because of that bullshit. BioWare got cold feet during the making of Mass Effect 2 because of :foxnews: scrutiny that they changed it at the last minute, despite Jack telling a story of having threesomes with a male and female pirate pairing.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Zaeed isn't available to either Shep :colbert:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Young Freud posted:

FemShep can't knock boots with Jack because of that bullshit. BioWare got cold feet during the making of Mass Effect 2 because of :foxnews: scrutiny that they changed it at the last minute, despite Jack telling a story of having threesomes with a male and female pirate pairing.

IIRC, Fox News literally lied out the rear end about what was in the game anyway. EA shoulda sued.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

IIRC, Fox News literally lied out the rear end about what was in the game anyway. EA shoulda sued.

They’re allowed to lie because they’re “entertainment” or because “we were so obviously lying no one could believe us”

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Fox News is legally classified as Entertainment because they don't meet the legal qualifications for news.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Detective No. 27 posted:

Fox News is legally classified as Entertainment because they don't meet the legal qualifications for news.

There’s no legal qualifications for calling yourself a news organization. Fox doesn’t get sued very often because they have deep pockets and it’s very hard to win libel/slander cases in the US. But they are currently being sued by Dominion over their promulgation of electoral fraud schemes.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Hell, loving Jack Thompson said at the time the controversy was “ridiculous”.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

YOLOsubmarine posted:

There’s no legal qualifications for calling yourself a news organization. Fox doesn’t get sued very often because they have deep pockets and it’s very hard to win libel/slander cases in the US. But they are currently being sued by Dominion over their promulgation of electoral fraud schemes.

Turns out that butting horns with voting machine companies, an industry with deep pockets, huge contracts, and an absolute vicious drive to defend their turf and the contracts they spent millions getting, was a real loving dumb idea!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Hot drat the Cool Cat Fights Coronavirus "movie" finally got finished and the creator uploaded the entire thing to Youtube (at least for now). It's only 20 minutes long but I loving dare you to watch it all the way through, I didn't last more than a few minutes before I got a screaming attack of fremdschamen and had to look away.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Hot drat the Cool Cat Fights Coronavirus "movie" finally got finished and the creator uploaded the entire thing to Youtube (at least for now). It's only 20 minutes long but I loving dare you to watch it all the way through, I didn't last more than a few minutes before I got a screaming attack of fremdschamen and had to look away.

Does cool cat fight and lose, prompting an understated mediation on the fleeting nature of life under the unblinking eyes of capitalism

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Shageletic posted:

https://twitter.com/Ebincure/status/1377688572845768705

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I said I’m sorry fofty

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Shageletic posted:

Just read through this. It good.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Turns out that butting horns with voting machine companies, an industry with deep pockets, huge contracts, and an absolute vicious drive to defend their turf and the contracts they spent millions getting, was a real loving dumb idea!

Not just butting horns, but actively spreading intentional lies that cause real harm to their business model, one of few situations that might actually count as actionable libel/slander in US courts. Fox is probably going to have a massive out of court settlement. Mike Lindell, the MyPillow guy, is planning to bring it to court and not settle, and by god I hope he does, and I hope there are cameras.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Not just butting horns, but actively spreading intentional lies that cause real harm to their business model, one of few situations that might actually count as actionable libel/slander in US courts. Fox is probably going to have a massive out of court settlement. Mike Lindell, the MyPillow guy, is planning to bring it to court and not settle, and by god I hope he does, and I hope there are cameras.

Part of me genuinely feels bad for Mike Pillow and realizes that he's clearly a deeply disturbed person who needs help and shouldn't be doing....literally anything he's been doing the last 4ish years.

The other part of me is laughing like a madman because lol Mike Pillow melting down is never not hysterical.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I will forgive WB of all transgressions if Space Jam 2 ends with LeBron executing a chaos dunk and starting the BBallpocalypse.

I wonder if Jordan/Barkley/LeBron are aware of Shut up and Jam Gaiden's existence.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

That Hoopz game is dead, isnt it?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

It's dead

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

ChickenHeart posted:

I wonder if Jordan/Barkley/LeBron are aware of Shut up and Jam Gaiden's existence.

I can guarantee you that they are not.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

They should sell Space Jam 2 as an NFT.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Inspector Gesicht posted:

That Hoopz game is dead, isnt it?

ChefBoyardee and most of the original devs left years ago, even if it somehow miraculously comes out, it'll still be dead.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

I really like the idea of Lebron sitting down for a marketing meeting with a bunch of WB execs, and some marketing dept guy is explaining the ironic appeal of Space Jam to Millennials, like with the website, the Quad City DJs mashup, and how they can capitalize on it. Lebron flips through the packet and pauses on a page that catches his eye. He looks up and asks, "Wait, Charles Barkley made a Space Jam video game? How did Michael allow that to happen?" The marketing guy pauses for a moment, gathers his wits, and tries to explain Shut Up And Jam Gaiden to the last audience that could ever understand it.

Double points if he had to explain that one of the characters is "Lebron James's octoroon grandson."

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Precambrian posted:

the Quad City DJs mashup

Looking forward to the heroes walking out onto the court, only for Ornstein to jump down and face them.

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!
Time to greenlight a new spinoff for The Assistant.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/f...m_medium=social

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Byzantine posted:

Looking forward to the heroes walking out onto the court, only for Ornstein to jump down and face them.

I accept this

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

In the future, all franchises will have Baby Yodas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43CTgfwoa3Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I said I’m sorry fofty

Mods