Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He's responded to this:

tldr: He didn't start the room, just joined it but he regrets not shutting down the antisemitic poo poo when it started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

He went in a room about Loius Farrakhan and was surprised people were antisemtic?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Look guys, I’m just interested in the teachings of a lovely racist cult leader. Perfectly innocent.

Nation of Islam is in bed with Scientology these days. Both orgs aren’t what they used to and developed a symbiotic relationship to keep the grift going.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 00:23 on May 9, 2021

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Neo Rasa posted:

Imagine a future where instead hot and cold water there's an additional third tap that's just ground beef

You’ve just described Arby’s

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

The MSJ posted:

I hope there won't be any controversies when people find out we post in the same forums that birthed Groverhouse and the killer zipline.

Content:

Who'd they cast as Tommy Lee's dick?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Rob Schneider

Regretful Humming
Apr 27, 2015

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Who'd they cast as Tommy Lee's dick?

Chris Evans

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Nah.

He plays its shadow.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Casimir Radon posted:

Look guys, I’m just interested in the teachings of a lovely racist cult leader. Perfectly innocent.

It seems reasonable that a guy who just starred in a movie about the Panthers could also be interested in learning about NoI. I'm sure he gets a lot of scripts with themes of Black power/consciousness/liberation theology. However, Farrakhan is obviously a POS and it's dumb to "let yourself" be modded in a chatroom of antisemitic loons, but tbh his explanation is plausible enough

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Thwomp posted:

Meat Tap sounds like the very worst dating app ever imagined.

I mean I tried filing for MeatGrindr but they said it was too similar to an existing product name.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

It’s very funny. I think it’s where that story about Wesley Snipes not opening his eyes comes from.

I think that was Patron Oswalt.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Failed Imagineer posted:

It seems reasonable that a guy who just starred in a movie about the Panthers could also be interested in learning about NoI. I'm sure he gets a lot of scripts with themes of Black power/consciousness/liberation theology. However, Farrakhan is obviously a POS and it's dumb to "let yourself" be modded in a chatroom of antisemitic loons, but tbh his explanation is plausible enough

Yeah I'd say it's pretty plausible that a guy in his 20s doesn't know the first tick about Farrakhan. Nation of Islam has largely been footnoted over the last 20 years.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Neo Rasa posted:

Imagine a future where instead hot and cold water there's an additional third tap that's just ground beef

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Shageletic posted:

I think that was Patron Oswalt.

Not Patton:

https://snipeseyes.ytmnd.com/

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Patton Oswalt has other, different, stories about Snipes being insane on the set of Blade 3.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
patton was the one that said snipes started communicating with the director via post it notes and would only respond to the name blade

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8rCtzKA9tQ

Thumbnail may not show, but the video works.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Stink Billyums posted:

patton was the one that said snipes started communicating with the director via post it notes and would only respond to the name blade

It's the kind of thing that Daniel Day-Lewis probably does all the time, but then again he's usually not playing a daywalker vampire hunter

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
He should, though

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Failed Imagineer posted:

It's the kind of thing that Daniel Day-Lewis probably does all the time, but then again he's usually not playing a daywalker vampire hunter

Honestly I think it's pretty goofy that Daniel Day-Lewis does it too. To me it's always seemed like an affectation more than anything.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Flying Zamboni posted:

Honestly I think it's pretty goofy that Daniel Day-Lewis does it too. To me it's always seemed like an affectation more than anything.

Apparently when he filmed My Left Foot he stayed in paraplegic mode and got people to carry/wheel him around, which is pretty :lol: . Yeah it's a bit goofy but whatever, dude gets results. I definitely get why people stick with accents throughout a shoot or at least for the day's filming, and I guess the more Method stuff is an extension thereof

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Flying Zamboni posted:

It is goofy, but he is a Serious Actor playing important roles, not a half-vampire vampire hunter (Blade rules).

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

muscles like this! posted:

He's responded to this:

tldr: He didn't start the room, just joined it but he regrets not shutting down the antisemitic poo poo when it started.

this was his first response

https://twitter.com/MarlowNYC/status/1390757226139246599

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
There are better places to research something than Clubhouse.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

KyaraxNycole taking this opportunity to go for it.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Honestly, it sounds like a racist got caught in a racist chatroom and his management told him that he should try putting forward a flimsy excuse instead of belligerently fronting it out.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Honestly, it sounds like a racist got caught in a racist chatroom and his management told him that he should try putting forward a flimsy excuse instead of belligerently fronting it out.

:emptyquote:

ANOTHER SCORCHER
Aug 12, 2018
All the “reporters” concerned about this are white. What sort of white person secretly records clubhouse conversations by black speakers in primarily black chatrooms about black issues in the hopes of getting black people in trouble? Freak behavior.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lakeith should have Get Out.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

ANOTHER SCORCHER posted:

All the “reporters” concerned about this are white. What sort of white person secretly records clubhouse conversations by black speakers in primarily black chatrooms about black issues in the hopes of getting black people in trouble? Freak behavior.

Well this is certainly a take

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

“Why you stalking a black celebrity with a camera anyway you weirdo”

https://youtu.be/6xVYOnCdv_Y

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

ANOTHER SCORCHER posted:

Username/post combo lmao

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

ANOTHER SCORCHER posted:

:eyepop:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Could someone explain what Clubhouse is for the uninitiated? I know I could just Google it, but it seems like one of those things I don't want in my search history.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

It’s like ICQ

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

Could someone explain what Clubhouse is for the uninitiated? I know I could just Google it, but it seems like one of those things I don't want in my search history.

It's basically an app for holding audio discussions. You log into a room and can talk to other people (or listen to someone giving a talk). Moderators can give or take people's privileges to speak. Rooms can also be open or invitation only.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Discord without chat

Zoom without video

instagram live without a future

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Detective No. 27 posted:

it's an app for phone conference meetings. If you think this sounds like a worse and less convenient option than podcasts then you are right.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The Green Knight is back on the table!
https://twitter.com/TheGreenKnight/status/1391763605255688204?s=20
I'm stoked, but we have to wait until tomorrow to get a solid date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
We really need more movies getting into the weirder bits of Arthurian mythos.