Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The MSJ posted:

That's why I mentioned Wisdom Tree. They used to be developers that created Menace Beach, a platformer infamous for literal 'cutscenes' where the protagonist's kidnapped girlfriend gets more of her dress torn off the further you progress. When they rebranded as a Christian game developers, they reskinned Menace Beach as Sunday Funday, a game where a boy must fight enemies on his way to church.

You mention that and not their Noah's Ark game that was essentially a family-friendly reskin of Wolfenstein 3D?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Technically Assassin's Creed: Origins overlaps with Jesus so we could have Bayek meet Jesus.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

AceOfFlames posted:

You mention that and not their Noah's Ark game that was essentially a family-friendly reskin of Wolfenstein 3D?

Oh yeah, that was the one where you shoot food at animals to pacify them.

Imagine if they reskinned The New Order to be a Noah (2014) game.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Lid posted:

Technically Assassin's Creed: Origins overlaps with Jesus so we could have Bayek meet Jesus.

Ackshually the game ends with the assassination of Caesar in 44 BCE, which is a bit early still. He could have technically met Joseph depending on how gross a marriage you want Mary to have.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

The MSJ posted:

Oh yeah, that was the one where you shoot food at animals to pacify them.

Imagine if they reskinned The New Order to be a Noah (2014) game.

This would loving rule and I'm sad it doesn't exist.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Make it based on the Aronofsky version of Noah where he's gone totally insane by the end of the voyage.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Story idea: Noah, but it’s Doomguy.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

Story idea: Noah, but it’s Doomguy.

Wait I've got it.

Passion 2/Noah cross-over. Jesus and Noah team up to battle the forces of hell.
Noah turns heel in the 3rd act

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
You know what I've awlays wanted in a video game? A mechanic where you have to keep yourself a certain level of stoned/drunk/high/generally hosed up the whole time.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The Bibleverse

Noah - Jesus - Moses, each with their own abilities, have to team up in a thriller/heist into the 9 circles of Hell from Dante’s Inferno to retrieve the books of Enoch from Satan...who is played by Mel Gibson. Fat Russell Crowe returns naturally.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Gatts posted:

The Bibleverse

Noah - Jesus - Moses, each with their own abilities, have to team up in a thriller/heist into the 9 circles of Hell from Dante’s Inferno to retrieve the books of Enoch from Satan...who is played by Mel Gibson. Fat Russell Crowe returns naturally.

Mortal Bible Kombat

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Iron Crowned posted:

You know what I've awlays wanted in a video game? A mechanic where you have to keep yourself a certain level of stoned/drunk/high/generally hosed up the whole time.

Harold & Kumar Go to Bowser's Castle

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

I mean you can do that in the Fallout games but it’s not a requirement

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

In the game Dead Island one of the playable characters had skills that would give you stuff like health regen or better attacks when drunk. So you were basically encouraged to be drunk all the time.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

FlamingLiberal posted:

Pretty sure it's one way to play Disco Elysium and you either have to deal with the fallout of hangovers and reup or get pretty dismal and end up failing a volition check and losing the game.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yes that’s right you can also do it there

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
It's also advantageous to be maximum drunk at all times in the Yakuza series.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

FlamingLiberal posted:

loving KILLLL

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

FlamingLiberal posted:

I mean yeah, but I want aim to go to poo poo, so things get blurry, aim can't stay straight, things move faster, motion trails!

Not just a dumb penalty to charisma and fortitude.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Condemned 2 had that where your aim would get better drinking

Then later you fight your alcohol demon

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Jade Empire had Drunken Monkey Boxing as one of the styles too.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Fried Watermelon posted:

Condemned 2 had that where your aim would get better drinking

Then later you fight your alcohol demon

But what if I want to be pals with a demon instead?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
GTA: VC has you getting drunk with idk Gary Busey or something and then drive

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iron Crowned posted:

I imagine most alcoholics find their demons poor company

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Iron Crowned posted:

I believe Redneck Rampage did this.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

I've reviewed your pitch for Crank 3 and have approved it. Congratulations!

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/slashfilm/status/1309181562630500353?s=21
:chanpop:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
:laffo::laffo:

what

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Not so much the Snyder cut as the Snyder do-over at that point.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I am down for it

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

My favourite Fallout moment was watching my brother kill a room full of raiders with a flamethrower, then having "Vodka has worn off" pop up at the top of the screen. Without missing a beat he screamed out "What have I done?!", threw the controller down, and ran away.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

It becomes the Acceptance demon later on

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cool. that's two or three potential low budget indie films worth of money to resuscitate a rotting corpse

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

The Klowner posted:

cool. that's two or three potential low budget indie films worth of money to resuscitate a rotting corpse

Cool, now tell me how many starving African children the money could feed.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

Iron Crowned posted:

There's a game called Zombeer that attempted this mechanic. It's unfortunately terrible.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

In the first Witcher game, one of the first abilities Geralt can get is being immune to pain when drunk. This is useful when fighting the first boss that can set him on fire.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

They're already spending money to finish the post production. Might as well just film all the stuff they didn't manage to do the first time.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

The MSJ posted:

They're already spending money to finish the post production. Might as well just film all the stuff they didn't manage to do the first time.

People who complain have probably missed that a) WB wants to turn this into more of a miniseries and b) like you mentioned, Snyder gets more money to film parts that wouldn't have made it into the movie before WB was desperate for content.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I mean they may be desperate for more content, but couldn't they of gotten more content from like anyone but Snyder?

Like they must know by now what a mistake it was to give him control of the DC films.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

dr_rat posted:

I mean they may be desperate for more content, but couldn't they of gotten more content from like anyone but Snyder?

Like they must know by now what a mistake it was to give him control of the DC films.

They probably don't know that because the financial failure of his DC movies has been vastly overblown.

Also, there was a movement with public awareness asking for this to be made, I don't see where the problem is. The argument about indy movies not being made because of this is loving idiotic and people actually actively opposed to the project are just weird.