Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Sirotan posted:

This is one of the few remakes/adaptations on the list that feels completely pointless. The 1990 film is almost perfect and I love it, even if the scene where Anjelica Huston and the rest of the witches turn into a bunch of hideous rats scarred me for life as a child.

There is no way they'll make it anywhere near as terrifying as the 1990 version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Chairman Capone posted:

Between the two of them, Arrival and Interstellar are kind of remakes of Contact. One does the wormhole and time dilation stuff (and McConaughey), one does the communicating with aliens and dead relative stuff.

Which was the one where Matthew McConaughey is on a water planet with a big metal box that can walk like it has legs?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Chairman Capone posted:

Serenity, again.

What? No, this was a few years ago. I remember the plastic bag kid from American Beauty drowning on the ocean planet.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
But I don't remember any women getting the poo poo beaten out of them in the name of feminism...

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Is there a new Star Wars movie out?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The doughy white English guy that loves ketchup?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It's incredibly depressing from a comedic standpoint that one of the loving Pythons decided to retreat to the "I should just declare myself a different race/gender/sexuality right here and now so I'm suddenly a victim" poo poo that was old and tired years ago.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Sleeveless posted:

This is embarrassing, both for yourself and everyone forced to scroll by it.

So how many CD threads will you be streaking through while covered in your own feces?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'm good with Adam McKay. He and Will Ferrell were able to make Jesse Armstrong's idea for Succession a reality, that show is loving amazing.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Alan Smithee posted:

so uh Black Christmas didn't do so hot, though it's Blumhouse and reportedly only cost $5 million to make

It was somehow worse than the completely loving insane 2006 remake.

EDIT: And it's also making less money thirteen years later.

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jan 12, 2020

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i just realised lmfao completely disappeared after party rock

You're forgetting "Shots" which is something every drunk idiot at a bar has to start yelling at some point.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Woodchip posted:

Didn't think they could make something worse than the Eddie Murphy version.

Doesn't he drink a coffee cup full of hamster poo poo?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Isn't "Fist the Dragon" already a movie title?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They still haven't made "Gay Days" an official event, even though it's been going on in the parks for almost thirty years. They sure as poo poo fill the shops with plenty of rainbow merchandise though.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Doggles posted:

lol, so what you're saying is that less people have seen that than the new season of Mad About You.

That's right, there was a brand new season of Mad About You that came out a couple of months ago, exclusively streaming on Spectrum!

I saw an ad for this pass by on the Roku screensaver and it surprised the poo poo out of me. Mad About You was incredibly popular when it was on and won a bunch of Emmys, yet this came out back in November and it was literally the first time I had heard about it.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Besson has flat-out stated that the relationship in Leon is directly based on his relationship with Maïwenn Le Besco when he was thirty-one and she was fifteen and pregnant.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

McCloud posted:

WHY WOULD YOU ADMIT THIS

He admitted it way back in the 90s when it happened and nobody gave a poo poo until the #MeToo era when he started getting hit with allegations of rape.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

The MSJ posted:

Those were about anthropomorphic roller-coasters. Not to be confused with the play about anthropomorphic trains.

The worst part about Cats bombing so spectacularly is that we'll likely never get a Starlight Express movie.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Seventy-three is the new too old for this poo poo.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Probably because his last film was 16 Blocks in 2006.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

J33uk posted:

I always took it as a North Hollywood shootout reference.

There weren't any flamethrowers in the North Hollywood shootout.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
At one point my spouse was dating the whitest guy imaginable and the way he would sing “My Shot” had me wishing the British would have won.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Scooby Doo is getting a big screen reboot in a few months.

Isn't that the one that's already pissing everyone off because they decided to recast all the voices for some reason? Matthew Lillard has been Shaggy for twenty years now across films, shows, games, etc and he's been excellent.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The whole reason Rick Moranis basically retired is because his wife died of cancer and he decided to focus on raising their children. This is particularly ghoulish.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Casimir Radon posted:

His kids are in their late 20s at the youngest. It's not like they're bullying him to run off and make a movie during their formative years.

muscles like this! posted:

They probably mean the "wife died of cancer" part of the summary.

Exactly, and that his kids haven't seen him in years because he drove himself crazy trying to cure it.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They didn't even throw Jared Leto a bone for this one. I find it hilarious that everybody has already forgotten that he played the Joker a few years ago.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Oh yeah the bad Mr Cool Ice cosplay guy. He was in that? Huh.

Even when you look at YouTube videos that people put together since Joker that rate all the best performances, they'll include loving Cesar Romero but leave out Jared Leto.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Oh I agree, I just find it amazing because the movie only came out three years ago. It's the latest example of that slippery poo poo trying way too hard in a role and nobody giving a gently caress.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Lobok posted:

"loving" Cesar Romero? As if he isn't an awesome Joker and perhaps the most comic accurate take on him yet? Moustache aside, that is.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I think the idea isn't that Romero sucked, but that it's weird to outright 100% exclude the guy who had the role like 4 years ago, and also pull the guy who had it on TV before most of us were born

Exactly what I was getting at, Mister BOOTY.

And the compilations do usually include Hamill. They go Cesar Romero, Jack Nicholson, Mark Hamill, Heath Ledger, and Joaquin Phoenix, skipping right the gently caress over Jared Leto.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It was chronological, uncross those arms.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Didn't he hit his head or survive a rare disease or get hit by a bus and that's why he's doing this poo poo?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

duz posted:

He's had a couple strokes but iirc none of his co-stars on Hercules had kind things to say about him anyways.

While at the same time everyone loves Lucy Lawless.

poo poo, I think even Bruce Campbell struggled to find nice things to say about Sorbo in his first book.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

got any sevens posted:

Does robotnik go into sonics world at the end and turn fat?

No, he goes to Sonic to get fat in a really weird bit of product placement.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Why does it matter that Captain America picks up Thor's hammer? Isn't he really strong?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
How the gently caress do you pronounce that?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Is Odin Thor's dad?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So Captain America became even gooder after Avengers 2?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I didn't know it was actually based on it, I figured they just took some names and terms. Kind of like how Black Widow is a Russian assassin and not a spider.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Thank you.

And of course I know Norse mythology, I went on that ride at Disney World with the neon dwarf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I didn't understand any of that, but don't worry about it.

Did Thanos try to pick up Thor's hammer with that pimp glove?