Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thats a good cast for a series that undulates wildly between tense personal horror, grimdark action heroism, and punching a boulder to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Klowner posted:

I hope the pandemic makes Disney die

It won't but I wish it would

Amazon, Apple, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, and Netflix in the US alone would be lining up to buy them if them started going under, not counting Chinese or European companies that would absolutely love to snap them up.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Go play RE4 because it is that vintage perfection of gruesome horror, schlock, and some of the tightest game design ever made. The dialog between Leon and the Villains is incredible and so perfect for its tone that sadly the only way to make a perfect RE4 movie would be to travel back to late 70s italy with a briefcase full of money.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Netflix has a Fast and the Furious kids show spinoff where the lead is Dominic Torettos cousin and it feels like someone opened up a wormhole to the 90s with the whole film tie-in but no relation to the films cast kids show.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DorianGravy posted:

How different is Uncharted from the most recent Tomb Raider movie? That movie was alright but pretty forgettable.

If I were capable of betting I would put money down that Uncharted will be less terrible than the Tomb Raider movie.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The gamergate movie is extra spicy since the character shares a name with gamergaters how women gamers should behave waifu character they invented "vivian"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah I remember that whole argument and it was so goddamn stupid. Its been sort of subsumed into the apparently more acceptable "accessibility" option where gamers don't get their feefees hurt when you don't call it a difficulty setting but do have a menu where you can set your health and ammo and ability to jump to infinite.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

In arcades it was for quarters, for home release it was because they hadn't realized you didn't want to funnel pretend quarters into a game you paid for or they were trying to fight against you beating it during a rental.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Please stop making predator and terminator films

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Someone got the challenge to make a sequel to a film that provided definitive lifelong closure for its main characters and went "hey, idiots, science is just magic wearing glasses"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Remember all those direct to video Disney sequels in the Eisner era?

Cinderalla 3 is surprisingly good and frankly could teach the terminator series how to make a sequel

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Return to Oz is a film full of bone-deep fear inducing, life-haunting imagery that the average horror film wishes it could have a single scene as terrifying.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I watched part of Pirates 4 or maybe Pirates 5 and like, I could not tell you which or what it was about because I was so intensely bored of the vacuous sumptuousness of the film that I turned it off instead of finishing it. It was a film with infinite budget hoping to find a reason to exist.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I've only watched Avatar via clip reels for TV in store sales displays and I feel like its a great movie about Sigourney Weaver and some blue cats attempt to stage a space intervention for their grandpa who is extremely attached to his aging riding mower.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I want Shadow of the Colossus in a Non Adam Sandler film and thats about as far as Sony properties I give a poo poo about go.

Reality is Im getting so many Ghosts of Tsushima they'll need to build a second Tsushima just to house them all.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tars Tarkas posted:

All kids, no humans, though Janeway will be on the show

Oh so those kids are gonna die

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ok, so thats fuckin wild she didn't know that was happening but also time travelers wife is a creepy rear end book that pretends its romantic.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Judakel posted:

Are they still in debt? Does that even matter if you can generate that much income and get more loans?

As of January this year they are apparently cashflow positive and paid off 15 billion in debt from a decade ago so they're doing preeeetty good.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Green Knight appears to be laser focused exclusively to me as the target audience but, uh, theaters are a no-go in Japan until like next year so good luck A24

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Green Knight in the story has green skin and is transformed out of a human appearance so making him a tree man is frankly pretty in line

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

I'm still fascinated that this CANNON FILMS version exists. Sean Connery with his little antler helm and glittery face lol, Miles O'Keefe's hair, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AJzP13f0bs

Did not know this existed, time to check it out

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ok, who the hell wanted a portal movie much less one with J.J. abrams involvement

Barudak
May 7, 2007

My god, thats nearly 8 seasons of Lord of the Rings

Barudak
May 7, 2007

"Cruella" but the two "L"s are highlighted and enlongated to make it a roman numeral 2

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I friggan loved Ghost in the Shell: Hegelian Arguments Unit but the CGI reboot/new seasom whatever you want to call it was just garbage top to bottom.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lego Jurrassic World is better than whatever the hell the movies tried to be

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wonka looking like he's gonna commit some sex crimes.

Also, why the hell does Wonka dress like that? It feels like everyone is aping the Gene Wilder film without understanding it at all and like modern wonka should look like a slightly outdated business person turned insane, so like 1980s wide shoulders suit.

ChickenMedium posted:

Saw this earlier and it made me wonder, has there every been a prequel that was actually worth making? The best I could come up with is Prometheus, but that doesn't even really feel like a prequel in the usual sense.

Star Wars ones kick rear end.

Outside of that, uh,

Barudak
May 7, 2007

AceOfFlames posted:

Chord was the name of the villain in Open Windows. I always thought it was supposed to be a weird alias.

Harmony is already a super popular name, and I know a kid named Aural and another named Sonus. People who are into music are the foot fetishists of the naming world.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You know drat well as long as you live under my roof you have to keep the name I gave you. You can change it to whatever you like when you turn 18 and I can't stop you, A Minor

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Millennials are pretty old now, its time to start blaming Zoomers.

I bet they hate ponderous historical dramas that fail to have the marketing material explain to anyone why this film is worth watching other than perceived reputation of a guy who hasn't made a good film in their lifetimes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I use Jared Leto as a rubrick if a film will be good or not, not because I think he is a bad actor, but because if the producers think hiring Jared Leto is the right move its an expression of the other hidden poor decision making going on.

I've yet to be wrong

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Julius CSAR posted:

Blade Runner 2049 though?

The opening scene was fantastic, everything after that less and less good until I ended up hating it. It was nearly everything I did not want a sequel to be

Barudak
May 7, 2007

wizardofloneliness posted:

Well, they seem to have one thing in common at least.

The Forbidden Method Acting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Slaughterhouse V is a really good book that my highschool English teacher completely misunderstood on a level so fundamental I choose now to believe they were trolling.

As for Riverdance, I vaguely recall accusations of Michael Flatley screwing over the rest of the troupe