Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Segue
May 23, 2007

Having rewatched the original Blade Runner recently in theatres, a lot of the actual script isn't that great. It's just the whole movie has an incredible gritty style and world building that fills in all the weaknesses of the plot. The whole thing is a mood.

2049 has a very similar feel of the themes and visuals making up for its own problems of fan service and looking back to the original and some would argue slow pacing. Its feel is a lot less gritty and more vacuous (in a good, hollowed-out cold tech wasteland way).

They feel like really good companion pieces to me, each flawed but visually and philosophically compelling that they stick with you and if you want you can dive deep into your own interpretations and overlook any problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segue
May 23, 2007

As someone working in public health in Ontario on vaccine rollout amid a billion other things, half of my motivation is saving lives and the other half is getting enough doses out to see this movie.

We may hit 60% of the population with first doses in June!

Segue
May 23, 2007

Jesus I know it's Ridley Scott and a stacked cast but the House of Gucci trailer looks horrendous. For some reason everyone's doing bad Italian accents and Jared Leto is in old man makeup for no reason.

I hope everyone got paid ridiculous money because it looks like it will be forgotten in a week besides gunning for a costume design award.