Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Without me, there is no mission.
I am the mission!

Gatts posted:

Indiana Jones love interest Marion was under age when they had a relationship and he left her, something she complains about to him by saying she was young when they meet in her bar. She was 15. Indiana Jones is a pedophile. According to the novelization.

For New Year's Eve my wife and I were watching the Indiana Jones trilogy. It's her favorite movie series and yada yada yada. I told her that my movie order changed on this rewatch to be 1,3,2, as I kindof forgot how bad Temple was.

However, she surprised me to say her list was 3,2,1. She said she can no longer get past that relationship with Marion as she was too young and taken advantage of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I am the mission!

Alan Smithee posted:

Kevin feige is quashing horror strange because he wants it to be true cinema

If he is actually quashing it, I wonder if it has anything to do with the New Mutants movie that's apparently coming out, and that being horror themed.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I am the mission!

I usually avoided 3D films, but saw Tron Legacy in theaters. For me, it was the worst 3D I saw. Everything out of the computer world was 2D, and once you got in the characters were still 2D in a 3D world. Everyone looked like a cardboard standee that moved. It was extremely distracting.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I am the mission!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Iím not sure how you can make a movie worse than Jack and Jill

Unless he does it with no budget or something

There's going to be a budget. Otherwise he can't pay his friends to vacation.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I am the mission!

The MSJ posted:

Happy Happy, Joy Joy - The Ren and Stimpy Story
Despite what the title suggests, this documentary about the cult Nickelodeon show isnít all positive. It goes through the history of the show but will focus heavily on recent accusations of underage sexual abuse by its creator John Kricfalusi.

Yeah, probably going to watch this one, since it says it's not pulling any punches on John K. Hell, my first avatar here was R&S, so I'd love to see the behinds the scenes stuff.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I am the mission!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah but without Steve Gerber is there a point?

Chip Zdarsky's run was amazing, use that. Especially if there's a cameo of Squirrel Girl in there.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I am the mission!

Didn't one of his recent movies hit one of Netflix's all time high viewer counts? Of course that stuff is all on Netflix's hearsay, since they never release numbers.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I am the mission!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

The Hanna-Barbera comics include Snagglepuss saying the f-word

It even won a GLAAD.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exit,_Stage_Left!:_The_Snagglepuss_Chronicles

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I am the mission!

Crowetron posted:

X-Force will come out before New Mutants.

Fixed for you.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I am the mission!

got any sevens posted:

Did any of the toy story sequels show more Sid?

He's an easter egg as the guy who picks up the garbage at the beginning of the film in front of Andy's house, and picks up Lotso at the end of the movie. The only hint of it is that he's wearing the skull shirt.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I am the mission!

Nobody Greenlighted Lowtax, in case you needed to find out here:

Watch out, that thread gets very NSFW very fast.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I am the mission!

duz posted:

F9st and the F9rious, but that's cause those movies need to be seen on the big screen while very drunk to fully appreciate them.

Can't wait for Fiost and the Fiorious.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I am the mission!

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

enemies that are black and steal your stuff long before Microsoft made him insanely rich.

Those enemies (endermen) were based on Slender Man. They don't steal anything, they just pick up blocks and move them. I haven't really played minecraft in years, but what you said is a stretch. (Plus I don't know how involved notch was with the game development at that point, I think he was Lowtax level involved basically.)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I am the mission!

Ror posted:

or the new Woody Allen movie that all of the actors donated their salaries from out of self-disgust.

Aren't they several years too late on this? Or did something new come up?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I am the mission!

ALFbrot posted:

tag yourself, i'm the uncropped toes

Read up a few posts. There's no more Toe Cutter.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I am the mission!

gently caress, and I'm wearing my Fifth Element shirt today.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I am the mission!

Tars Tarkas posted:

I just caught up and this is a persuasive argument.

I will try to get it done by the end of the month. Baby is sleeping more on his bed than on me at night now so I have a little bit of free time to write and finish it up.

I have a 5 week old currently sleeping on my chest. Your child is more important than a new thread for some re-reg.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I am the mission!

FilthyImp posted:

It's a dumb troll anyway. The most anticipated release in the immediate future is Wandavision for gently caress's sake.

Three episodes are out already, in case you need to know.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I am the mission!

I just want to thank this thread (I am reasonably sure it is this one) for recommending the Whirely Pop. Gonna watch The Mitchells vs The Machines tonight with a serving of that.

(And thanks to Mr. Robot, we're going to dump a bag of M&Ms in there too.)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I am the mission!

8one6 posted:

Yes to all of these. Time to call in that life debt Bezos owes me.

Can you get him to finish The Expanse instead?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I am the mission!

Vandar posted:

My middle school used to do a 'Squid Day' for sixth graders (which was actually split over two days) where everyone would go from teacher to teacher and each teacher would spend like an hour teaching us something about squids or doing something squid related. One teacher had us dissecting squids, another cooked calamari for us, the cranky old teacher that no one liked just had us reading a paper on squids and then writing an essay about it.

Anyway each class got to make two stops in the library, one on the first day and one of the second, and each day we'd watch half of 10,000 Leagues Under the Sea, which pretty much everyone agreed was the highlight of the whole thing.

I should see if that's on Disney+ and see if it holds up.

Did you grow up on a small island? Was the economy entirely built up on your squid fishing industry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I am the mission!

2020 was a horrible year and should be forgotten.