Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Atomic Blonde is good and enjoyable with a fantastic soundtrack but I'm not really sure I need a sequel for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Timothée Chalamet, walking, possibly without rythm.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/04/a-first-look-at-timothee-chalamet-in-dune
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/04/behold-dune-an-exclusive-look-at-timothee-chalamet-zendaya-oscar-isaac

The costuming for the Dune movie looks absolutely fantastic. Also Oscar Isaac as Leto looks amazing. With how the Atreides look I'm really curious to see how the Harkonnen look.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

it's literally shadowrun

Something which they acknowledge in the sequel announcement video if I remember right. Which was kinda fun.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Bright is a Shadowrun prequel. Artemis Fowl is Shadowrun Jr. Even the new X-com game has become Shadowrun. But Shadowrun itself is not getting adapted. The irony.

Because CGL are run by utter morons who can't even be arsed to do proper testing for their latest version of Shadowrun just so it could be pushed out ahead of Cyberpunk Red, so that checks out.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

To add to that:
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1263171731801419781

Someone must be really desperate to spend 30 million for all this.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

It'll be a movie where covid make people randomly explode.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/ed_solomon/status/1286284968927297539

Now you can either watch Bill & Ted in the safety of your own home (like you should) or risk getting infected by seeing it in a theater because there's no way September is going to be safe.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Punkin Spunkin posted:

In terms of anime adaptations im always tickled when i remember the Ghost in the Shell movie tried to make the whitewashing an evil part of the plot. I almost gave them points for bein clever but lord what a boring forgettable film that ended up being. I thought for sure from the trailers it would at least be a "get high for cool visuals" experience.

I honestly liked the music score for it but the film performed so badly that it was never released separately. Which is a shame because it was a Clint Mansell and Lorne Balfe gig.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Firstborn posted:

E: I would pitch a Tomb Raider that if it wanted to be more light hearted, maybe take more inspiration from The Mummy (and Indy) than like.. Eli Roth movies. Maybe a time period change would help. I'm not sure if it would be better or worse to go for "Heart of Darkness".

I would've honestly love to see a pulp action style TR movie with the Legends version of Lara where she's suave and cool and its implied she's been through stuff like that before and takes it all on the chin.
And then you can even throw in Sam as the rookie and a nod to the newer continuity.
All I'm saying is that I'd love for a Mummy style pulp movie but with a female lead.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

:stonklol:

I'm so glad I've forgotten 99% of all the Clancy books I read when I was younger. And the only got I still have is Red Storm. (Which is still kinda bad consider the whole Iceland part.) ALthough I still think Team Yankee is a better book.
I'd kinda want a Team Yankee movie, or even a World in Conflict one. But that's not going to happen either way since I doubt a Cold War gone hot movie would slide these days.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Speaking of Mars movies I will always love John Carter. A bit flawed maybe but still very much enjoyable.
Shame it came out at such a bad time. Post Mars needs Moms as I recall which sorta sullied the name of the red planet a bit.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I really hope they go wild with the female and alien pilots and not just have it be "Young Wedge Antilles adventures, and then there's some other people too".

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Tars Tarkas posted:

Chris Pine to headline Dungeons & Dragons movie

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1338581273875386368

I honestly loved the third D&D movie because you can read it as "The GM's first evil campaign".

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Now that just screams of being based on a YA book or something. Otherwise it just comes off as a weird mess.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Its the English-language release of a Russian film that came out 4 months ago. Apparently it was a fully original idea, though the article mentions that the director was "inspired by the comics of the Marvel Universe", which may or may not have something to do with the fact that its original Russian title was Goalkeeper of the Galaxy.

It was also, by all accounts, a colossal failure at the box office so its already off to a great start.

Ah, I stand corrected then. The basic premise just felt very YA. But that does explain how awkward the voices were.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Tars Tarkas posted:

The more I learn about this the more I'm glad I know nothing about this

:same:
I'm mostly aware of moviebob because he creeps up sometimes on my timeline in comments calling him a stupid motherfucker. Pretty sure I was guilty of watching some of his older stuff about movies and such several years ago when we went under some other name.
I knew about the whole movie ripping of comic stuff thanks to the PYF Webcomics thread.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

DC Murderverse posted:

I feel like you can’t have one without the other. The guys who were the “faces” of Milli were interesting in their own right, using their faces and not their voices was a record exec idea that they reluctantly went with in pursuit of fame.

Sorta reminds of the documentary I saw last year about two Scottish rappers who posed as Americans, complete with accent and personality changes because they got laughed out of a demo event by some suits.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I only remember the whole kerfuffle from reading about it (and a Muppets Tonight sketch) where the most interesting thing is how apparently they both reacted to getting caught out in completely different ways, with one just trying to go on like nothing happened (and probably would have gotten away with it) while the other bolted off the stage.

Also their story ended pretty much like that. With one guy dropping the whole thing after it got uncomfortable while the other one kept going until recently. (Like the year before the whole thing was recorded or somesuch.)

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

davidspackage posted:

One of the two did an ad campaign a few years back, framed like a contrition/redemption documentary... for... KFC?

Now that I didn't know, but they did sorta show one of the guys of the duo wanting to be in the limelight so I believe it.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

San Andreas is probably where Rockstar peaked in terms of writing/storytelling. CJ is an ideal GTA protagonist because he's under pressure from a lot of sources, which both fits into the plot missions and makes it sorta believable when the player decides to just go on a rampage. The whole business with the LAPD was drawn from an actual scandal that was contemporaneous with the more attention-grabbing Rodney King fallout, Tenpenny's a specific guy, and all the banter with CJ's gang friends is funny in a goofy dumb way. It's a shame that they've never equalled that even as the stories to their games become more intrusive and hard to ignore.

Ryder being dumpstered possibly because Rockstar being Rockstar notwithstanding.

Although it was also the game where their "humor" really started emerging and I got very quickly tired of it.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Don't forget that they announced a few years ago that a Tetris trilogy was in the works (which appears to have stalled)

Let's not forget the Asteroid movie.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I know I watched Firefly years ago, but I honestly can't remember anything of it. Outside of thinking it was vastly overhyped. An opinion that hasn't exactly changed.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I can't believe it took me this long to realize Romeo must die was a Romeo and Juliet adaptation. :doh: I remember renting it a bunch of times when I was younger because it was just a cool martial arts movie.

But Romeo + Juliet was a lot better than I had actually anticipated when I got around to watch it last year or so.
Realizing that the church choir was singing "When Doves Cry" at one part was a huge "Oh you sneaky motherfucker" moment.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I remember watching Run Lola Run during German class once. Also I think I watched Rat Race once, but that was during a "Hey it's the end of the semester so lets have some fun" movie watch than actual class.
Then I took a movie course in High School so I ended up seeing a bunch of stuff there, although the only ones I can distinctly remember from that time is Metropolis, Andalusian Hound and This is Spinal Tap.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Speaking of which, the trailer is out.
https://twitter.com/TheGreenKnight/status/1392102192358641665

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The only thing I've seen that Landis done was his Wrestling video, that was pretty decent from what I can remember.
Never did get around to see Bright despite being enticed by the not-Shadowrun setting. And having a chuckle at the Shadowrun mention in the teaser for the sequel. That I haven't heard anything about for what feels like a year if not more.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I wouldn't have said no to Indy punching moon nazi's though.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Apparently Tiny Tina, aka the worst character in video games, is one of these

And she's possibly getting her own spin-off game announced at E3 next week.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

But with a lot more portals elsewhere.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Someone’s never played Dark Forces :smug:

Or Rogue Squadron for that part.

ROGUE SQUADRON, WHERE'S MY COVER?!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Shageletic posted:

No its called Curtain Kull.

Oh I needed that laugh.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I can only hope the reason 50 cent is in it is because he's looking for a crystal skull. Otherwise it's a wasted opportunity. :colbert:

I think the only thing I remember from the first movie was Crews going nuts with the shotgun in the tunnel. The rest is just kinda a blur.
And the only thing I remember from the second one was the eye rollingly bad Norris jokes that definitely were stale by the time it came out. And I think Bruce and Arnolds characters were constantly backbiting each other or something like that.
I do remember reading some trivia about Dolph's character having some knowledge based on his own past as a chemist.

Can't remember if it was 2 or 3 that had some explosion in a cave scene that I learned ended up killing a bunch of bats by accident. You fucks. :argh:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Julius CSAR posted:

Yeah but what about “The Phantom” with Billy Zane?

Having grown up reading those comics having him be a wisecracker just felt so weird when I finally got around to watching the movie a year ago or something.
There was like a smidgen of good in it but it was just lost under everything that just felt weird and off.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Crowetron posted:

The MGS3 thing was largely a reaction to seeing new fancy versions of that game's cutscenes and then learning it was not for a remake or remaster.

Funny thing is that there is a more or confirmed rumor that Konami is working on an MGS3 remaster. Which I think is going to use those panchinko assets. Or that was a previous iteration of the project.

Also I'm not sure if I want to hear Nic Cage with a finnish accent.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean if you want to stay on topic there is a Jennifer Lopez, Owen Wilson romcom coming out.

Can’t remember the last Rom Com I’ve seen, or an Owen Wilson movie

A romcom based on a script from a guy who also did a comic about a round orange dog if I remember correctly. (Turns out I was remembering correctly.) The movie also based on his webcomic that can still be read online.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Surprised no one has made a movie about the Wolf of Wall Street movie yet. Because the story about one of the producers is a loving wild trip.
There's at least one good Storyville documentary about it and a decent Netflix documentary about the whole thing.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

It was weird watching the Phantom, having grown up reading far too many of the comics when I was younger. The movie itself wasn't that bad, but I think the biggest point of contention my friends and I had was that he was a bit too snarky at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What I'm saying is that Steve Guttenberg is a national treasure.

That's one way to out yourself as a Stonecutter.