Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

'Fifth season.'

They're already feeling kind of confident there huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

Whenever I think of Shadow of Mordor, I think of the Mega64 skit:

TIL that Mega64 is still around. Holy moly.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Len posted:

It takes like an hour if you play by the rules

No one ever wants to play by the rules.

No don't put money on Free Parking you idiots we're going to be here all day. :negative:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I got the Firefly dvd set like a decade and a half-ish ago but I never got around to watching it because boy the fanbase was annoying as snot. Honestly I'm glad the fandom has died down but boy I'm not looking forward to any kind of a reboot reawakening them from their slumber.

I was a Dark Angel fan anyway and that got canceled to make room for Firefly so I'm predisposed to disliking the series anyway. :v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

With a choice between the two, they cancelled Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles to keep that poo poo on the air.

I'm still mad.

Kloaked00 posted:

You have good taste

I think I've mentioned it in other threads but part of me wants to do a rewatch and part of me is scared it won't hold up. :negative:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Hmm, yes, I wonder why we'd be talking about the creator of a show that's supposedly getting a reboot... :v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Holy poo poo I just had flashbacks to the mid-2000s.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dinosaurs! posted:

I feel like Family Guy was that show, and its successful revival gave Firefly fans a model to go by and hope to keep clinging on so long.

And Space Above and Beyond ruled.

If I could rewrite history I think I'd rather Firefly have been picked back up for a second chance over Family Guy, honestly.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

So wait...what actually WAS the titular event in The Event?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Same thing that happened in The Happening (2008).

...what was the thing that happened in The Happening?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Nothing much, what was the thing that happened in The Happening with you?

:argh:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

AceOfFlames posted:

The aliens teleporting their home world into Earth’s orbit with the intent of taking it over, since they used to live on Earth before humanity.

Of course it's goddamn aliens.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Gods I would love for some kind of Spelljammer revival.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

My middle school used to do a 'Squid Day' for sixth graders (which was actually split over two days) where everyone would go from teacher to teacher and each teacher would spend like an hour teaching us something about squids or doing something squid related. One teacher had us dissecting squids, another cooked calamari for us, the cranky old teacher that no one liked just had us reading a paper on squids and then writing an essay about it.

Anyway each class got to make two stops in the library, one on the first day and one of the second, and each day we'd watch half of 10,000 Leagues Under the Sea, which pretty much everyone agreed was the highlight of the whole thing.

I should see if that's on Disney+ and see if it holds up.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

IUG posted:

Did you grow up on a small island? Was the economy entirely built up on your squid fishing industry?

I grew up (and still live) smack dab in the middle of North Carolina. There was no reasoning for Squid Day, it was just a fun thing the teachers did for the sixth graders.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Vegetable posted:

Weird, surreal, ethereal, hyperstylized should be the way these Arthurian films go. Too many myths and legends get told as boring historical epics.

The Arthurian legends are weird as hell and I'd love for more adaptations to dig deeper into that side of things.

https://prokopetz.tumblr.com/post/162322981812/on-legendry

Let's just get fuckin' nuts with this poo poo.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Max Landis wrote a really good Superman comic and well that's about all I can say nice about him.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Enos Cabell posted:

Forget the script, I want to see them pull off an improv murder mystery.

That's James McAvoy's new movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Son_(upcoming_film)

I'm looking forward to it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

The Klowner posted:

every blizzard IP is a rip off of something else

Lost Vikings. :colbert:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Snowman_McK posted:

When I was a kid, there was talk of digitally resurrecting Bruce Lee for a new film, I think it was just after the success of Dragon. It was, rightfully, shot down, but it was only a matter of time.
What a weird coincidence. The other day Youtube suggested a video compilation of all the footage of the cancelled 'Taxi Driver' game from a few years back. It was a period where a bunch of terrible video game adaptations were in development, including Heat, Reservoir Dogs (that one actually came out) Dirty Harry and a few others. I like that it hasn't quite gone away.

They announced an Apocalypse Now video game several years back. :negative:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

E: there was also a revival TV series in 2010 that I missed???? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daimajin_Kanon

The TV show is pretty drat good. It's kind of it's own thing and has a lot of more modern tokusatsu influences. It's totally worth a watch.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I didn't think Green Lantern was that bad. It's not GREAT but it's not awful or anything. It's just a middle of the road 2000s-esque superhero film. :shrug:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Just finished Space Jam. It...honestly wasn't that bad? I'm not going to act like it was great or anything, but it had it's moments, and it was way better than I was expecting it to be.

It's better than the original.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

The Cameo posted:

Also that Jordan cameo.

That caught me completely off-guard and it really shouldn't have.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I'm curious if the rapists from Clockwork Orange showed up in the actual film or if WB edited them out.

They're there.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

It just seems weird to apply 8 bit logic to a GTA open world....MMO?

I mean GTA is basically just an MMO now.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm still waiting for Speed Racer 2.

God I wish.

The fact that this hasn't happened yet is proof we live in a cruel world.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Ah yes, my favorite washed-up 80s stars, 50 Cent and Megan Fox. :psyduck:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

There’s a preview of it on the website and eh, I’ve seen worse.

https://www.stonercats.com/

Case in point lol.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Not just Mila Kunis.

Ashton Kutcher, Seth MacFarlane, Chris Rock, and Jane Fonda are all doing voices too! :negative:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Stuffed Crust Pizza is directly responsible for the presidency of Donald Trump

Mind explaining this one? What's the connection there?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Simone Magus posted:

K-Stew has been in weird indie stuff, but she or her agent seem to have a worse time finding good stuff for her to be in

like she was in that really mediocre version of On the Road

Personal Shopper and American Ultrawere great tho

She was in the Charlie's Angels reboot from a couple years back, which...ouch.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Save the World is the better half of Fortnite and I really wish it hadn't been such a colossal failure. :sigh:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Can you call it a failure? It was still in early access when they realized development was taking too long and spit out a PubG clone with the engine and assets to maybe make enough money to finish it.

I'm just surprised they just never rebranded it as Fortnite Zombie mode.

Edit: oh apparently they took it out of early access and left it to wither on the vine a year and a half ago.

I would say hardly anyone playing it, Epic releasing it incomplete from early access, and cutting off most support for it means it’s a failure, yeah.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

The only thing I really remember from the Ang Lee Hulk is that it had SECRET CODES hidden within the movie that you could use in the tie-in video game!

Also the video game sucked.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

James Corden sucks but I enjoyed the episode of Doctor Who with him in it. :v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Lol guess that means Ronda Rousey is officially out of the Roadhouse project.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Farm Frenzy posted:

road house takes place in the same universe as the yakuza games

Y'know what, I am okay with this head-canon.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Xealot posted:

I assumed all the jokes about Taylor Swift making nothing but takedown tracks about her exes was hyperbole, but how many songs does she literally have about that? Her actual recent poo poo can't be more of that, can it?

Ahahahaha.

https://taylorswift.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Taylor_Swift%27s_ex-boyfriends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

quote:

“Lady Krylon” by Brandon Constantine: Two rival graffiti artists engage in a series of street battles, culminating in an otherworldy duel after the art starts bleeding into the real world.
Agency: Paradigm (Melissa Baloglu, Ethan Neale)
Manager: Housefire (Jon Hersh)
Producers: Stampede Ventures
Mentions: 12

Okay but this sounds like it could be rad though?