Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
My favorite part of Serenity is whoever made it was clearly so proud of that twist, they revealed it 3 separate times in 20 minutes and all of them were way too early in the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
Travolta's first line in the movie lets you know exactly how insane it's going to be but still doesn't prepare you for that performance. Truly a great example of

Black Lighter posted:

genuine trainwreck cinema.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
BoP had awful posters, pretty "meh" trailers and one of the most obnoxious titles I've seen in a while. Like, just call it "Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey" god drat it.

The story was pretty thin and the first hour of the movie jumping around the timeline was unnecessary.

All that said, the movie is super fun and i had a blast watching it as did most of the people in the half filled IMAX theater I went to on friday night. I hope they keep it out there long enough for word of mouth to get it a little more attention.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Okay y’all, place your bets now. Will Sonic the Hedgehog be:
1) a trainwreck
2) bad but forgettable
3) decent but forgettable
4) actually good

And furthermore, will it make money, especially enough to cover the $25 million the studio spent re-doing the Sonic design?

My guess is 2 and it‘ll break even, but not earn enough to justify a sequel.

Most likely 2 but maybe 3. I think I would call Sonic this generation's Snakes on a Plane.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
Waiting patiently for New Mutants to get delayed

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008

This movie was very ok at best but i will remember it fondly since I I went to see it last week and had the IMAX theater all to my self

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Last one I caught was The Lodge, which was very appropriate.

Are you saying this whole thing is just some kids loving with you?

The Lodge was a problematic movie

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
Between Moviepass and A-List, I haven't paid for my own movie ticket (aside from special screenings) for 2 and half years. If AMC goes under or cancels A-List, just cancel all of the movies because I don't want to go anymore.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
But will they be adding any buttholes?

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
Unclear who even owns it these days, but Moviepass is doing a thing

https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/1371972184365625347?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008

joylessdivision posted:

Something something Qanaon. It writes itself and we get a sweet 10 minute fight scene between Bautista and Momoa.

Still mad that Free Guy has several scenes of Ryan Reynolds trying to get people to put on some glasses and at no point does he have a lengthy fight in an alley with any of them.