Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Cineplex and Landmark in Canada are closed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The MSJ posted:

If Ready Player Two is coming out this fall, it probably means Cline will start writing it next month.

*Cline opens up Wikipedia, searches "Pop culture in the 90s"*

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

That can't be right, we only have the one lovely sun

They used two cameras

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

A lot of artists want to get back to making poo poo dude.

yeah, poo poo

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Condemned 2 had that where your aim would get better drinking

Then later you fight your alcohol demon

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

But what if I want to be pals with a demon instead?

It becomes the Acceptance demon later on

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Which Mars movie had the guy who looked like he was a power metal singer and there was metal sawblades flying around?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Shocked they didn't call the school shooters antifa

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Risk movie is about each country being forced to make giant military robots to fight each other to some alien children's amusement

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Is he related to the saudi prince who plays dota and love anime girls

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

How can you say The Mandalorian is not a "remember this" type show when it's premise is based on "Hey remember Boba Fett? Here's his armor and people who look like him." Then they actually bring characters back in season 2 in a "Hey remember these guys" move.

I fell off the series hard after the first few episodes and only recently have forced myself through it. It's very strange seeing the advertising and media hype blitz going on for the show when you aren't watching it, then when you go to watch the show I'm expecting something great but I just get lukewarm.

I've enjoyed when they leave the desert planets but they always seem to write an excuse to go back to one eventually.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

GRRM's best book is Fevre Dream imho.

GRRM was a lot more realistic with his self insert in that one

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

TOOT BOOT posted:

Oprah is into all kinds of crazy liberal poo poo. She was big on 'The Secret' too. Apparently The Secret is if you want something, you just have to focus on wanting it really bad and it will happen.

Yup.

It's about if the thing you wanted doesn't happen to you it's because you didn't have enough faith in it.

It's 1000% victim blaming.

Shocking that the people who really get into it are all celebrities who have made it big. Almost seems like they are retroactively looking for a reason for their success rather than luck...

hmm why would they do that?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Time for Martha Wayne as the Joker

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

aware of dog posted:

https://twitter.com/thr/status/1376913243898327041?s=21
I love how obvious it is that GRRM has totally lost interest in finishing the books

He's never going to finish them

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Didn't they lose their Civil War alt history show where the slavers are the good guys because they hosed up GoT?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Space Jam Extended Universe will spin off the new Sassy Velma show and The Matrix 4 in the Post-credits scene.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Cruella Deux Vil

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The Clifford extended universe sequel where he meets up with Franklin and Little Bear, both animated in grotesque uncanny valley cgi

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Neo Rasa posted:

I still lol that the two returning characters are the two that absolutely 100% zero ambiguity on-screen for a long time perished in the previous movie

They are locked in Samsara cycle of death and rebirth, as shown when Neo meets the architect and there's like 100 Neo's on the screen. This is just Neo(1999) + 1

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Corden got Obama on his show to reveal aliens to guarantee no one would believe that they exist.

I'd say imprisonment is justified at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

They should just do a shot for shot remake, stunning us all with the attention to detail