Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
That reddit post is like 20% truthful nuggets from earlier leaks (Jannah as Lando’s daughter, the mustafar scene being longer and involving Hux/Pryde, a big budget “force flash” saber duel that would have seen Kylo and Rey duel across locations emotionally important to each of them, etc) and 80% OP conjecture and wishful thinking. JJ is not some auteur hamstrung by the big evil studio from making “the movie he always wanted to make!”, and co-writing TRoS with the guy responsible for Batman vs Superman and Justice League was always going to lead to a giant incoherent mess.

That post also tries to further the completely imaginary and idiotic “rivalry” between JJ and Rian. Any changes and retcons from TLJ are 100% the fault of angry twitter fans and JJ/Disney trying in vain to appease them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

MonsieurChoc posted:

I have never seen XTRO but I will always remember how the box scared me as a kid.

There’s maybe 20 watchable minutes in XTRO, so you’re not missing much.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Beachcomber posted:

Also, Galaxy's Edge went over like a wet fart because it was only half completed and people wanted to wait until the e-ticket ride was open to go. That ride can be completely booked for the entire day within half an hour of the park opening. And it's loving amazing.

I’m in Disney World this week and did the other Resistance ride at Galaxy’s Edge and it’s incredible. If they had just waited and opened the land when everything was done you’d be seeing universal acclaim. This place is seriously incredible to just walk around in.

I don’t give a poo poo shout Avatar one way or another but the Pandora thing at Animal is also well done and was obviously a proof of concept for Galaxy’s Edge.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

DC Murderverse posted:

I went on RotR yesterday and I can confirm that it’s dope as gently caress. It punches back at the trend of rides as vehicles that transport you from one screen to another with some truly spectacular environments and the physicality of everything really sells it. I haven’t seen Episode IX yet but I’d be willing to be money there isn’t a moment as thrilling as staring a life-size AT-AT in the face as it prepares to blast your face off. There are still some screen moments but they aren’t the whole show and serve to enhance the whole experience. Pandora is cool and all but I like the lame boat ride more than the Flight of Passage because even in world you’re just doing a virtual experience (which is what the whole avatar project is in the movies), but the boat ride has these beautiful crafted flora and fauna and one incredibly lifelike Animatronic. The world is really well built though. Those floating rocks are cool as hell.

Rise of the Resistance is probably the best ride in the whole resort because it’s not strictly a ride, it feels like an actual experience because it’s more than just one or two sequences.

When the doors open right after the intro briefing and you’re quickly shuffled into the dropship it actually felt tense and hurried and helped sell the poo poo out of the ride’s “story”.

A lot of that is also just cast members really committing to the role and staying “in-character”.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Upgrade was a really fun sci-fi action flick with some great scenes. I went in with zero expectations though.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Alita was fine and I enjoyed watching it, but I do not understand the extremely fervent following it has here.

The extremely blatant “see you in the sequel!” ending also felt like a giant middle finger to the audience for no reason. It could have easily had a satisfying conclusion if they hadn’t been so concerned with setting up a franchise that probably won’t even happen now.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Tron: Legacy is the best feature length music video ever made and I mean that in an absolutely sincere way. Just watch it for the visuals and score, they’re fantastic. I love that movie.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

RatHat posted:

I’m not convinced he can do it intentionally. It’ll wrap back around and be the best comedy of the decade.

I am extremely down for Adam Sandler forever cursed to create the worst comedy ever for the rest of his career.

Man, how did Uncut Gems, The Lighthouse, and The Farewell only generate a single nomination between them? Did A24 just forget to send out for your consideration packages?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
A shot-for-shot remake of Life is Beautiful, but every character is either Adam Sandler or Kevin James in a fatsuit and wig.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Gonz posted:

A movie where Adam Sandler ‘s character wins the lottery and has to fight ghosts.

Or maybe a movie where he’s running an amusement park that becomes scary due to ghosts.

It’s called Ghost Park and Peter Cushing is there.

Go even bigger with it and include cg ghosts of Chris Farley, John Belushi, Robin Williams, and Princess Diana.

Also they all have bad foghorn leghorn accents.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Wait I thought we were workshopping the worst comedy of all time, not the greatest.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Grendels Dad posted:

I'm sorry, I was joking. I have no insight into the whats and whos of National Treasure 3. Cage is probably gonna be in it, what else would he have on his schedule?

Between Worlds 2

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Casimir Radon posted:

When I first saw that he'd been cast in TFA I'd just seen Ex Machina and was a little taken aback because he played that scumbag maybe a little too well. He did a good job in TFA which showed me that he could play a heroic character too, but the next couple of movies had writing that made Poe considerably less likable.

After Inside Llewyn Davis, I’ll watch just about anything Oscar Isaac is in without question.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Isn't this some weird book that had a let's read thread in the book barn

I was thinking of a My Strange Addiction episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_ZrZQMXqPY

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

A sigh of disappointment of “of course” washes over the nation with the news that Robert Zemeckis is directing a live-action remake of Pinocchio.

I know Guillermo Del Toro has a billion projects in varying states of production, but wasn’t this one of them at one point?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
The Always Sunny films are canon to me, so this is just Lethal Weapon 7 starring some jabronis.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Young Freud posted:

From was reported, it was going to be more horror-oriented and potentially the MCU's first R-rated feature.

Getting Sam Raimi doesn't seem like it would dissuade this idea.

In more recent interviews he seems to have backed away from a hard-R horror tone and more toward something like 80's PG-13 horror-comedy.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I urge anyone who hates themselves and/or Travolta to watch The Fanatic. It’s on Prime, just go in blind and let the movie happen to you.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I watched the video RLM made about it and I can’t believe it got funded and that Travolta agreed to play THAT role

It’s a perfect storm of bad movie decisions.

- Directed and written by a guy who has no business being behind a camera
- Washed up A/B-list actor playing a mentally challenged character in the vaguest and most insensitive way
- Completely unnecessary voiceover narration that the writer almost certainly thought was deeply profound
- Nonsense plot
- Surprise gore

I honestly think it’s worse than Birdemic just because there’s no excuse for Travolta’s performance. It’s amazing.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Press (X) to direct

Press (Y) to coax Tom Holland out of his trailer

Press (B) to leave over “creative differences”

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Ok I genuinely love Cap and all, but I mean

c m ‘ o n

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Chairman Capone posted:

A child Furiosa decides to become a driver after watching The Fate of the Furious.

Every day at noon, The Children of Dom wait with bated breath and empty buckets for the Corona waterfall.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Overlord is probably the closest we’ll get to a Castle Wolfenstein movie.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Didn’t some studio quietly hire Lasseter not that long after he was fired?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Soul will probably be at least decent because of Pete Docter.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

l33tfuzzbox posted:

Isn't soul the one being scored by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross?

Yup, with jazz stuff by Jon Batiste.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I’m furious about the Alamo poo poo. The guy who ran our weekly Cult/Horror program and ran all their special programming for nine loving years was just unceremoniously furloughed with no indication of whether he’d still have a job whenever this is over with. And the loving insurance poo poo is just the cherry on top. Absolute loving scum move by a company that could easily extend the health coverage at the very least.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

jisforjosh posted:

Trump or Weinstein, I lose track of who is backing which sexual harasser anymore.

Tim League tried to cover up the Harry Knowles sexual assault allegations for years and then still hired Devin Faraci after the Knowles poo poo blew up.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

the problem is there's a lot of places where the only theater you can see non-wide-release stuff at is Alamo. Houston, for example, has a grand total of one non-Alamo indie theater and it's a pure arthouse, with their only "fun" event being midnight Rocky Horror/The Room once a month (RHPS on Friday and The Room on Saturday, iirc). meanwhile, things I've seen at Alamo include Belladonna of Sadness, the Tammy and the T-Rex gore cut, and VFW.

my choices are basically either "support the bad theater chain," "stop going to theaters" or "start my own drat theater."

I’m really hoping that Robert and the other folks who ran the special programming end up at some other art house theater in the general area after all this is over. Moving Graveyard Shift to River Oaks would be great.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
We used to go to a drive-in that was about an hour’s drive away fairly often until a few years ago. I think the last thing I saw there was a double feature of Last Vegas and Thor 2. When we were visiting family in Cleveland last summer we went to another drive-in and saw MiB International and Far From Home.

Drive-ins own, they’re super cheap to get in and the food is usually also pretty inexpensive.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Alan Smithee posted:

and the winner is...Neil Breen?!

Just imagine how much insane conspiracy inspiration he’s getting from all this. His next movie is gonna be wild, just 10 Breen clones spreading Coronavirus across the globe.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
My last theater movie was Transylvania 6-5000.

RIP Graveyard Shift :smith:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Neil Breen is 100% still going out into the desert and trying to hire locals for drug bust gunfight scenes, there’s no way coronavirus is stopping him.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Also i learned today that they not only greenlit but made a third Riddick???? What???? Talk about a stealth film..

It’s awful and boring as poo poo, don’t bother with it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
All I remember hearing about Doolittle is how the plot was solved by RDJ pulling a macguffin out of a dragon’s rear end.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I never knew a single kid who ever actually subscribed to ZooBooks but they’d show up in garage sales all the time around here.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I had a Dr. Grant figure from the first run of Jurassic Park toys. He had a big rear end orange thing on his arm. That wasn't in the movie.

90’s movie toy lines were completely lawless, I had a ‘roided up Luke Skywalker and a Batman who fought crime in gaudy silver armor, a periwinkle sweater, and Dockers slacks.

ed: poo poo I forgot the armor had the Batman & Robin ice skates

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Apr 10, 2020

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Never occurred to me that bj was grooming Lydia.

Beetlejuice tries to coerce a minor into marriage in exchange for a favor.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Well folks, Neil Breen has been busy during the quarantine. Here’s a ten minute trailer for an upcoming 5-goddamn-hour-long retrospective about his own filmmaking process.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=MPYqcy9U-ME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

JfishPirate posted:

In actual greenlighting news, prepare yourselves for a live-action Hercules!

https://twitter.com/SkylerShuler/status/1255627709662679040

I'm not sure there's an appropriate replacement for Rip Torn as Zeus, sadly. On the other hand, Danny Devito can reprise his role as Phil just by being dressed up in horrifying CATS-esque CGI, so that's a plus.

Ok they’ve finally gone TOO FAR because now they’re adapting a movie near and dear to my heart :argh:

That movie looks so great too, there’s no way it’ll be anywhere near as stylized.