Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lobok posted:

"loving" Cesar Romero? As if he isn't an awesome Joker and perhaps the most comic accurate take on him yet? Moustache aside, that is.

Seriously. I'm not even particularly into 60's Batman (such a thing as too campy) and even I think Romero's delightful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Welp

https://film.avclub.com/no-digital-makeover-or-smaller-teeth-can-fix-everythi-1841654287

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Seinfeld, the show, is extremely funny, but the standup bits are almost universally terrible. I like the bit about fear of public speaking versus fear of death, but that's about it.

Also Jerry Seinfeld dated a 17-year-old while Seinfeld was on the air.

The only standup joke he does that I like is the one that mocks laundry detergent commercials by saying that if you're trying to get bloodstains out of your clothing, laundry might not be your biggest problem

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I would challenge anyone to read Sein Language. Written at what should have been his creative peak filled with his A material.

Just wow

It'd make a good toxx. Although there was definitely a trend where comedians just basically slightly reconextualized their act somewhat, then put it in a book. So unless you regard his standup as the entertainment equivalent of eating glass, it'd probably just be stuff you've already heard watching his show and be kinda humdrum, as opposed to say, reading Bill O'Reilly's foray into fiction or Sean Penn's book (which a writer friend of mine described as "spellbindingly lovely").

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 25, 2020

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
If you want a GOOD version of Bright, just watch Alien Nation

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Elvis was supposed to be LaBoeuf in the original, but the Colonel played hardball in negotiations regarding Elvis' cut and billing so we got Glen Campbell instead.

Years ago I was visiting with my then girlfriend and took her mom and her stepdad to see the remake. They loved it so much that they rented the original. Having not seen the original, I thought that sounded okay.

They didn't even finish it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

It's a hell of a lot better than Poe Dameron farting at a wedding!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV5Tk5jS7lw

More franchises could use farting at a wedding, tbf

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

Akira would work either as a series fully adaptating the manga, or as a musical.

A while back I remember a article about Otomo teaming up with Adult Swim to do a series that would adapt the manga faithfully, but I feel like even if it's still in the works it'll be very expensive and time consuming to make

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Still remember the racist Freep threads panicking about the “knockout game”, a concern of theirs that lasted for years.

My grade 8 homeroom teacher would hand out articles about the latest hysterics in the media (she was a huge Oprah fan and Oprah was big into chain letter headline news). Then we'd have to journal about it, and the KO game was one of the stories. To give people perspective, I turn 38 next month. poo poo's been around a while.

She's currently facing jail time for embezzling from the school that she was a principal at.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 15, 2021

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chairman Capone posted:

Oprah is responsible for unleashing so many charlatans and mainstreaming so many bullshit moral panics into the world.

It's how I learned what a rainbow party was (they don't exist, but you still hear about it).

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Watched a What Happened? about The Predator (the recent one that Shane Black wrote). Apparently, the next one is Predator vs Indigenous people during the Civil War

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Tars Tarkas posted:

It has to be a scam for meme stocks or NFTs, we can never get back the magical time that was MoviePass

Maybe some venture capitalist grabbed it

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chairman Capone posted:

Between Lakeith Stanfield and Armie Hammer, going to be really hard to rewatch Sorry to Bother You again. Which sucks.

I feel like the entire "Intellectual Dark Web" are first and foremost a bunch of people who wanted to be Big Hollywood Names and just used their politics as an excuse for their lack of talent.

I remember a few people noticing that a large number of prominent right-wing folks are failed comedians. Crowd didn't like your bit about Johnny 5 joining Kiss? Be a contributor on Fox News!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

joylessdivision posted:

He was fantastic in Twin Peaks the Return too

Lillard is often great, it took me years to realize SLC Punk kinda sucks because there's a few good performances in there, his in particular

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Pussy Island sounds like a Fox show.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cat Hassler posted:

Has there ever been a good movie based on a video game?

Edit: I remember the talk about The Book of Eli being a Fallout movie when it was in early development because a PC Gamer writer wrote the screenplay LOL

I like the '95 Mortal Kombat movie

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

There was that petition for Macaulay Culkin to reprise the role, after he appeared in a Google Home ad riffing on Home Alone. I'd also be ok with John C Reilly

There's this video where he plays a sketchy guy who is very heavily implied to be a grown up Kevin.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yh7-wAy_8ss

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Oh lord I can totally see him being Goku

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Who's the dude on the right?

Apparently a character called Spamton according to the replies?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

Piers Morgan got his chance because of the Prince William wedding coverage I think. Not a loving clue how Corden got to host a late night show. Nothing he’d been in at that point is something I can see the American public caring about.

Ferguson had been an integral part of The Drew Carey show for about a decade so he had plenty of name recognition. Plus he seemed to be a genuine and nice guy, so the polar opposite of Corden.

Ferguson is also a solid stand up comic with some degree of popularity who had comedy experience prior to being given the job, Corden is straight up unfunny.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Nov 10, 2021

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mr. Toodles posted:

Didn't Mr. T become famous for being a bouncer? Like before movies and stuff he was a legendary bouncer in Chicago or New York.

He was a bodyguard.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What's the point? Especially when they couldn't possibly edit the latest Suicide Squad to a PG-13.

This reminds me of a bit on MADtv I caught I actually enjoyed: a fake advertisement for the Sopranos coming to PAX, a religious TV network. They show a preview for the next episode, which is so heavily edited that the viewer is left to assume that every episode is about 6 minutes long.

Or if you want to watch a better sketch show that did a sorta similar premise, there's the Mr.Show sketch "Pallies".

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

It seems like every movie made from the Black List these days is loving terrible. When's the last time a good movie came off of it?

Here's past year lists, I don't know your taste, so...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_List_(survey)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

This is a series of films about black folks, but thanks for trying.

Lol holy poo poo I dropped the ball there, that's what I get for skimming

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

There's a story that during a storyline where Vince fake dbeing hurt/dead, Trump called to make sure he was okay.

Not only that, but Trump bought the WWE as part of a storyline leading up to him appearing in Bobby Lashley's (who he referred to as "the black one" in a promotional interview) corner at a Wrestlemania, and supposedly before selling it back later in the show, the stock dropped enough for a people to notice.

Edit: sorry, Chairman, didn't see the post that mentioned this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

The clear solution, films need more nudity.

The Russ Meyer method