Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

mycot posted:

Is there a Bad Boys/Transformers expanded universe?

Only if Will Smith is a Targetmaster. Which means he transforms into a gun for a Transformer to shoot with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Terrio seems more like a cypher for whoever is in charge of the movie he's writing. TROS sounds like a very JJ Abrams movie and BvS or the Snyder Cut of Justice League are very obviously Zack Snyder movies.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I remember The VVitch getting a really low Cinemascore, if not an outright F.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Most Golden Globe wins this year have been pretty obvious so far, but Laika's Missing Link actually won Best Animated Film.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

There’s certainly no missing link in China’s 9 dash line!

That was Abominable, the one with Chloe Bennett and the furry poster.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sort of related to this thread is the fact that the writer of Scary Movies 3 and 4 and Superhero Movie won a GG for Best Limited Series, that series being Chernobyl. It pays to be versatile.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

gently caress

the hangover guy is gonna win for joker huh

Or since Todd Phillips made a Scorsese fan film, they can just give it to Scorsese himself.

Or give Sam Mendes best director, because 1917 might just be impressive enough for him and Roger Deakins to win, while awarding Best Picture to The Irishman.

Rochallor posted:

That's just one of those things where the GG tries to correct a mistake, he really won the award for surviving being roommates with Ted Cruz

No wonder, Craig Mazin had experience with both incompetent character and radioactive personality.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Leavemywife posted:

Maybe a stupid question, but what's the real difference between the Golden Globes and the Oscars?

We know the reason AMPAS exists, unlike the Hollywood Foreign Press Association.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Producer's Guild Awards nominees are conspicuously missing most of the big superhero movies, unless you include Joker. I thought their producers usually get nominated since those movies are so successful in the industry. Maybe 2019 just had far more good movies.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This is directed by Harmony Korine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W7gnGU4wto

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Monster Hunter movie is another one of those "people fall o to a hole to another dimension" movies.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

In case y'all haven't heard, Pirate Baird O'conell (or better known by her first two names Billie Eilish) is doing the next Bond song.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I just found out the movie Spies In Disguise actually has Will Smith referencing the meme from his infamous Youtube Rewind video. His character looks at an explosion and goes "Ah, that's hot, that's hot"

Also he's on Tik Tok these days. Some of these gets pretty.... eccentric?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itvxLYZZ2Hw

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I wonder if Elon ever contacted Hasbro to put a Tesla in their Transformers movies. Soundwave in the new cartoon actually transforms into something resembling a Tesla truck. I don't know if he would ever accept his cars being Decepticons though.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Even TV shows that have ridiculously overstayed their welcome rag on it for dragging things out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV2UE31vSgU#t=23s

I knew they would show the seal scene.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

When Harvey Weinstein was being exposed, Besson actually posted a photo on his Instagram where he posed with Cara Delevigne with the caption of something like "this is how a gentle consensual loving touch looks like".

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I always like Digimon because the cute friendly monsters always transform into badass cyborg Godzilla or HR Giger monster.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

io9 has a list of 21 "genre" movies debuting at Sundance. Here are some of the weird / interesting ones.

Nine Days
Us’s Winston Duke, Joker’s Zazie Beetz, Doctor Strange’s Benedict Wong, It’s Bill Skarsgård, and Toy Story 4's Tony Hale star in a film about a man who interviews five beings trying to decide which of them should be born. These characters aren’t people, they are the personifications of a soul, and only one can be brought into the world.

Jumbo
Noémie Merlant, star of Portrait of a Lady on Fire, plays a shy amusement park worker who one day decides she’s in love with a Tilt-A-Whirl. Like, actual, passionate love. With a ride. She names it Jumbo.

Scare Me
Described as a “metafictional horror comedy,” this one features a man who goes to a secluded cabin to write his first novel. While there, he meets another writer, a woman (You’re the Worst’s Aya Cash), from a nearby cabin who is there to do the same thing. The two begin to swap scary stories until the man realizes the woman is better than him.

Horse Girl
Alison Brie stars as a woman who has trouble distinguishing her vivid dreams from reality. It’s produced by Jay and Mark Duplass and co-written by Brie herself, and Netflix will release the film in the weeks after Sundance. Trailer

Wendy
Beasts of the Southern Wild director Benh Zeitlin finally returns with his sophomore feature, an adaptation of Peter Pan told through the eyes of Wendy Darling. It looks to have that vibrant, pulsating energy and style that made his first film so special and memorable.

Spree
Stranger Things star Joe Keery plays a ride-share driver who wants to become a social media superstar. His car is decked out with all kinds of cameras to broadcast live but when a comedian with her own social media aspirations gets into the car, all hell breaks loose.

Happy Happy, Joy Joy - The Ren and Stimpy Story
Despite what the title suggests, this documentary about the cult Nickelodeon show isn’t all positive. It goes through the history of the show but will focus heavily on recent accusations of underage sexual abuse by its creator John Kricfalusi.

Feels Good Man
The story of Matt Furie, the creator of Pepe the Frog, something that was meant to be a fun comic book character but instead became a symbol for so much more.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Isn't this some weird book that had a let's read thread in the book barn

Those were about anthropomorphic roller-coasters. Not to be confused with the play about anthropomorphic trains.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

smug jeebus posted:

Which one wrote Bright

Neither. Bright was heavily rewritten by David Ayer.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Crazy thing about Double Dragon is the cartoon which cribbed more from the movie than the games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFUyAul3iXw

And Mortal Kombat, which is a weird game to adapt into a cartoon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3i4VKa1f8Q

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 26, 2020

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Comrade Fakename posted:

In which year will Disney produce a live-action Frozen remake?

They are planning to do Lilo & Stitch, so it might not be long.

They actually did sort of do a live action Frozen sequel in Once Upon A Time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30JMPiTRy18

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jan 26, 2020

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I want a King Arthur movie series that's just the medieval parts of Transformers 5.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

You can tell Guy Ritchie was limited by Disney when making Aladdin, because the movie barely attempted to make Aladdin into a cockney street fighter.

Casimir Radon posted:

It wasn't even a novelization. It was a story about Lo Wang fighting a mad scientist who was trying to slam all the continents back into Pangaea.

Literally the plot of an episode of Totally Spies.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jan 27, 2020

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

Variety is reporting that Paramount is currently developing two competing reboots for the Transformers franchise. One from James Vanderbilt (Ready or Not, a bunch of bad movies) and one from Joby Harold (John Wick 3.)

Here's hoping Hasbro actually let the movies crib from something not the 1980s cartoon for once.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Beachcomber posted:

Edit: actually, if they have both and tell people to vote with their dollars, they might clean up.

Knowing Hasbro, they might actually make a fan poll.

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

You shut your whore mouth.

Look, I just want a robot made out of trains punch a flying poet shark.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jan 28, 2020

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bumblebee is not all G1. The parts off Cybertron had less of a fanservice feel to them.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Everything after G1 is just Gobots.

I'm sure Shatter in the Bumblebee movie is supposed to be Crasher.

Hakkesshu posted:

I don't know that I agree with that, as someone who still likes those designs despite everything, I definitely got a fanservice-y kick out of that sequence. I think the main thing to point out re: Bumblebee is that the entire movie is not just fanservice.

That's why I said the parts that were not on Cybertron. Killing off Cliffjumper for example is something that originated outside of the cartoon, or making Blitzwing a member of of Starscream's Seeker army instead of the more unique cartoon version.

You can tell they limited the fanservice of even the Cybertron scenes because Shockwave and Soundwave never transformed. Hasbro does not want them to have G1 alt modes by default.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jan 28, 2020

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rageaholic posted:

Is "The Fast Saga" meant to distinguish the main movies from "Fast & Furious Presents" Hobbs & Shaw?

And the cartoon on Netflix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtwx1rvd-eA

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

They use it in the recently released teaser trailer so maybe that's actually the name of the movie? They're kind of running out of ways to say "Fast" and "Furious" in titles.

I think they are revealing the name with the trailer.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I feel like half the entries on the SCP website are "memetic" anomalies or threats now.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Just in case anyone was wondering, Cats won an award from PETA.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Because it made a live-action movie about cats without using real cats.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Tars Tarkas posted:

Animals need to learn to respect other animals and go vegan

Literally a storyline in Kimba The White Lion. They solved it by creating Impossible Meat.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Danny Devito should reprise his role for this movie.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rageaholic posted:

Bad Boys for Life was...actually pretty fun? Like I was expecting it to be inferior to the first 2 but it somehow managed to be as entertaining as them. Turns out this one didn't need Michael Bay directing to make it crazy after all.

It was directed by "Adil & Bilall" and I guess this is their US theatrical debut. I wouldn't mind seeing more from them.

The directors created a series called Snowfall on FX. It's about a 1980s LA coke dealer family and also the CIA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I think PBS still airs Clifford, so it's not exactly forgotten.

I miss the Honey I Shrunk The Kids TV show which I remembered as being quite insane. One episode had Wayne and his family travelling back in time to the Old West for a vacation and end up helping a friendly alien who eats with his butt. Another episode had them discovering a huge asteroid that is heading for Earth and when they teleported to its surface, they discover a community of humans who based their culture on Star Wars and is under attack by a giant spider. Also I remember them making the mom in the TV series hotter than in the movie.