Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'm not really sure who Birds of Prey was supposed to appeal to. I want there to be more movies about female superheroes and the most I could muster was 'I'll watch it when it comes out on streaming, maybe'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Patrick Spens posted:

I mean good? That's actually a good thing.

How so? The whole tape business is pretty recent.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Thinking about things happening hundreds of years from now is wildly optimistic.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Crowetron posted:

If I survive wandering the blasted wastelands of scorched earth long enough to encounter other survivors and they start talking to me about Marvel movies, I'm gonna be so pissed.

Don't worry, those people will be the first to die.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Scarlet put out an album at one point. I think it was an album of Tom Waits covers or something.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

If it's such an awesome deal how come no one jumped before they were forced to?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I sometimes wonder how many calls *insert author name here* must receive from Hollywood executives begging them to make a sequel/prequel to *insert novel name here* so that they can milk the *insert highly successful movie franchise here* for just a little bit longer.

This brings back bad memories of Hannibal and to an even larger degree, Hannibal Rising. The TV show was pretty good though.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Snowman_McK posted:

And another where they say that 'In Germany, a life sentence means a life sentence' unlike in the US, presumably, which, in retrospect is loving hilarious.

I think in legal terminology a life sentence in the US is considered to be 20 years, versus 'natural life' which means you're there until you die.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Julius CSAR posted:

edit: Is there is a site that lists where something is streaming? Like I look up a movie and it tells me if it’s on Netflix or Prime or wherever?

JustWatch

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Jack B Nimble posted:

Is the "first" film the whole first book or are talking some Final Fantasy 7 remake shenanigans?

It's like half.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I don't know why it would be the responsibility of the people with the least resources to improve society.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I don't think there are too many ways to gently caress up a Mortal Kombat movie so I guess we'll see how it goes.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Oprah is into all kinds of crazy liberal poo poo. She was big on 'The Secret' too. Apparently The Secret is if you want something, you just have to focus on wanting it really bad and it will happen.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

and yet HBO just gave GRRM a big pile of cash to (presumably) not write anything

also it feels to me like the franchise as a whole kind of lost a lot of the momentum it had with the controversial final season. I didn't watch it but that is just the general impression I get from fans who did.

It's still going to be a while before anything new comes out so maybe some of the sourness over S8 will have passed. At least for casual watchers.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I always thought it was weird Grumpy ended up the famous one since she had an adorable sibling named Pokey with the same disorder.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Are the people that wouldn't shut up about Firefly for 10 years Firefly fans, or Joss Whedon fans?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

He went in a room about Loius Farrakhan and was surprised people were antisemtic?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I like Alien/Predator/Terminator, but it would be nice if we got new franchise monsters

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Neo Rasa posted:

Holy poo poo lol please tell me that's available to see somewhere

It's apparently so embarassing the guys that gave you Season 8 won't let anyone see it.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The MSJ posted:

Maybe they are hoping it can be like 50 Shades where they file off the licensed stuff and make it its own thing. Not an accurate comparison since he's already a big name director, but Netflix is producing Zack Snyder's Star Wars Seven Samurai script into Rebel Moon.

Sometimes the opposite happens too, they'll look at a script and think it's similar enough to something that they adapt it into a sequel.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I kind of hate the recent consensus that has been reached by podcasters and the twitterati that shorter films are always better regardless of subject or style. I think there will always be room for a glutinous, turgid, 3 hour epic production. I think people only hate them because of the awful Marvel movies that are pissing in the well. I hope to God I live long enough that I get to see the cultural consensus come back to the idea that "comic book movies are for children".

The problem isn't that long movies exist it's that short ones hardly do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Just make a Wario movie instead!