Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Alan Smithee posted:

What the gently caress

Himself apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

feedmyleg posted:

Can't wait to see how they make me hate Indiana Jones.

Indiana Jones love interest Marion was under age when they had a relationship and he left her, something she complains about to him by saying she was young when they meet in her bar. She was 15. Indiana Jones is a pedophile. According to the novelization.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Also it’s in Lucas and Spielberg’s notes between the coke stains.

Yeah they're probably pedos. Like with Anakin and Padme. It's not a one time thing.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Lawlicaust posted:

Those notes just get worse and worse:

She needs to be grossly underage. Not just 16 or 17 because that’s boring. But it is ok because she was a promiscuous 11 year old who came on to him...

I believe Indy’s quote is “You knew what you were doing.” when she goes off on him.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Christian Bale is going to be All Black the Necrosword and we get Natalie as Jane Foster Thor.

And Christian Bale is a method actor.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Chairman Capone posted:

Isn't Avatar 3 already filming?

I think we are a filming Avatar 8...

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Sometimes I think you should give Guy Ritchie $200 million and let him do his thing for Super Smash Brothers. Like all the characters but they’re cockney English gangsters getting into hijinks.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Does one think there is a point in time where someone will look at the original Mario movie, decide it was good and had potential, and then choose to expand upon it?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Alan Smithee posted:

also Shaw killed Han for no reason

what the gently caress

No no...you see he had to make it look like he killed Han but Han is actually on a super secret undercover mission

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Enos Cabell posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncL4nNCz8Ec

Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jackie Chan, Rutger Hauer, Charles Dance and CGI dragons? Sign me the gently caress up!

This looks fun.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Rick Moranis in The Grey 2.

Honestly I think he would do well in a dramatic role.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Is it gonna make more money than Birds of Prey?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

A vertical sort of movie makes sense in that an ascent from hell, visually it could be done very well. I don't know how that works on a widescreen theater but welp.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Prime already looks like Bay

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

MonsieurChoc posted:

Actually we'll be using our smartphones to summon demons and then we have to choose between Law, Chaos or Neutrality.

Maybe there can be an app to summon an anime demon waifu

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Indiana Jones by Gore Verbinski. Gore is going to create a literal dungeon with live traps.

Or intersect with horror and do Del Toro.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Basebf555 posted:

A proper Hitman movie would show him spending like 30 minutes meticulously setting up a Rube Goldberg assassination, and then when the bad guy turns left instead or right or whatever, 47 just goes apeshit and murders like 50 people to get to the target.

Lol that would be pretty good. A movie like a heist set up with meticulous planning and as if everyone has their poo poo together and under control and are cool and calm but during the actual heist right away the smallest thing goes differently like a guard drops his keys throwing the entire Timing and sequence off and then it turns into a Benny Hill type comedy of bumbling violence and messy sloppy panicked slapstick BS to conclusion.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Guys I'm starting to think the rise of Russia and China and the world sinking to fascism is a bad thing and needs a revolution.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Should have called it Groundhog's Day 2: But this time Tom Cruise dies Again and Again

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Like....what does this mean prequel? Cause I think by now we have almost everything and alternate takes on stuff from the Transformers universe. Unless it is prequel to the classic movie that sets it up

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Lmao I don’t think SpaceX is even cleared for manned launches yet.

Tom Cruise is going to get it there to do his stunts

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Isn't Anakin Palpatine's son too? I thought that was the whole point of the space opera "Tragedy of Darth Plageuis the Wise" scene. Star Wars is a family affair. That's part of it's thing.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

JfishPirate posted:

Popeye by Genndy Tartakovsky, first announced in 2012, is finally greenlit, again. This one even had a quasi-trailer in 2014, but was canned in favor of The Emoji Movie and more Hotel Transylvania sequels. I'm still pretty skeptical about the cultural relevance of Popeye in 2021/2022 when this comes out, but Nancy has proven that you can reinvent an ancient media property to some degree of success.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4tNuM9XttM

I like it’s look and style

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Apparently Kat Dennings has been cast as Death in the Sandman movie or series or whatever. James McAvoy is Morpheus, Taron Edgerton is John Constantine, etc.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Alan Smithee posted:

is Extraction any good

Netflix is doing the whole "ONE BILLION VIEWS MOST WATCHED MOVIE EVER" thing that they did for birb box

Story is meh but the action is tremendous and it's worth watching.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Yaaaaaaassss!!! So stoked!!!!

Edit: Snyder Cut! Snyder Cut! Snyder Cut!

Gatts fucked around with this message at 22:06 on May 20, 2020

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Alien and Prometheus are the best of the franchise but my favorite may be Aliens. Aliens 3 does have standing.

Also a Bayonetta movie needs a good script/story who can make the character well and someone who can either do wild action like Bay or Snyder otherwise go the route or Wick/Raid and an actress capable of all that stunt work.

gently caress it. Michael Bay directs a character study of Bayonetta with stunt coordinators and 2nd unit by the Raid choreographers

Gatts fucked around with this message at 17:21 on May 31, 2020

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Has there really never been a movie about sentient sex toys?

Perhaps Weird Science

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

I say just give a 200 million budget to “If the Emperor had a text to speech device” and let them do their thing

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

x1o posted:

So long as the animation style remains the exact same, this is a perfect idea and thus GW will never do it.

Honestly I am far more entertained by that whole series than if I had gotten into the actual Warhammer 40K as a serious hollywood type story. It does a better job with that universe than what mistakes I predict Hollywood production would make.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Henry Cavill as Kitten.

I am very down with this.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

feedmyleg posted:

And Crowe and Ridley hate the script and threw Cave under the bus on different occasions.

This sucks. Why?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

ynohtna posted:

I'd like to see Guy Pearce in more things.

Check out Lockout

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Guy Pierce is a pretty awesome and charismatic actor

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

I liked Guns Akimbo and thought it was fun.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

I thought the Leto Joker was a valid interpretation and he did fine. He puts in effort but his performances don’t feel genuine outside being the brother in Lord of War

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Thinking about Bowie in that role and it makes a lot of sense. Otherwise imagining Christopher Lee if he could have been in that role sounding almost poetic with that gravitas of a voice and line delivery could have also worked at a man sounding like he's channeling God/Creator.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Lobok posted:

Turns out Gotham doesn't need Batman once Scarecrow's machine was shut down after pumping low-grade Fear gas across the city for years.

Nobody ever needed Batman and even Ras says the same thing when he tells Bruce his parents turned the entire city around and saved it from destruction by being normal drat humans who used their power, wealth and influence to help the city economically and socially and otherwise thus defeating the League the first time. And Bruce's decision is to be loving Batman.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

JFC gently caress JJ Abrams why him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

This makes me sad but drat. There have been a few stories of her wanting to do something nice, like the whole singing thing, and this, and such but she isn't being taken seriously and gets backlash of somekind.

I liked the first Turok and loved Turok 2. I would enjoy a movie that had a grand scale of adventure, like Bay-esque widescreen in scope, set in diverse fantastic lands. Similarly a Metroid movie would be cool too, if we never hear Samus say dialog.

"THE BABY"

Gatts fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jul 11, 2020