Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

The MSJ posted:

Wendy
Beasts of the Southern Wild director Benh Zeitlin finally returns with his sophomore feature, an adaptation of Peter Pan told through the eyes of Wendy Darling. It looks to have that vibrant, pulsating energy and style that made his first film so special and memorable.

Isn’t Peter Pan already told through the eyes of Wendy Darling? She’s the audience-surrogate character. A recontextualisation of the story could be cool, but that’s an odd way to put it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

In which year will Disney produce a live-action Frozen remake?

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

You could make a decent movie set in the Halo universe, but I don’t know if it could star Master Chief. The Chief is just a bizarre character - he’s almost a silent protagonist, but not quite. Silent protagonists like Gordon Freeman are supposed to allow the player to inhabit them, but Master Chief doesn’t quite allow that. He has a backstory, motivations and talks, even if sparsely.

So, he’s a character, but just an incredibly strange one. The only thing he appears to know or care about is war. His only friend is a computer he’s in love with. The beginning of Halo 2 to the end of Halo 4 is basically the same day for him, other than implied brief hanging around between missions and a nap in the middle. At the end of Halo 3 he’s just drifting lost in space and he just casually gets in a stasis pod to wait to drift into some new enemies to fight as that’s literally the only thing he lives for.

He’s basically what happens when you try to give a gun a personality.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Lid posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/YahooMoviesUK/status/1291661031177990144

Greenlighted 2020: The Year We Were Put in the Corner

I imagine the film will be set in the 80s and she'll be there to say "oh, this reminds me of that time when I was an underage teenager and an older man hosed me good."