Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Len posted:

So is Sonic actually good or is there just nothing out for kids movies on a long weekend?

It's fine. If you like super speed jokes or Jim Carrey doing his comedy for the back row stuff you'll get a few laughs, but it's a pretty standard kids movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Make a Fallout Star Wars movie about Rex.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Also Indy survived a ride in a Nuke-launched fridge that should have broken every bone in his body.
Cup O'Christ is a hell of a thing.

8one6
May 20, 2012

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I like the Sega Master System game where Alan Grant singlehandedly recaptures all the lost dinosaurs and gets the park reopened.

Was that the one that's a top down game outside and Doom once you go indoors?

8one6
May 20, 2012

Casimir Radon posted:

Well, I just remembered the theme to Denver: The Last Dinosaur, and really wish I hadn't.

But he's your friend
And a whole lot more.

8one6
May 20, 2012

The Clowner posted:

Top 5 sci-fi movies, go.

Ghostbusters
Back to the Future
The Matrix
Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Kahn
Moon

8one6
May 20, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And in Toy Story 3 he spend half the movie with a different VA speaking Spanish.

Just have the cartoon guy who also voices Brock Samson do it. (You may know him better as Kronk)

Patrick Warburton is great!

8one6
May 20, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I liked Gadget and the Gadgetinis, but to be honest it was pretty much just the same poo poo from all metrics. The original show hasn't aged too well, especially the bits with the ridiculously obnoxious wannabe superhero sidekick because they needed someone dumber than Gadget apparently.

There were a few episodes that played with things pretty well, like one where the villain is after an ancient tomb said to contain the world's most powerful weapon and the source of all knowledge- and he succeeds. He finds a mouldering ancient tome and a rusty sword, and realises just then that those descriptors would have been accurate six thousand years ago.

I think Ben 10 or something did an episode like that, where the villain gets to the top of a pyramid and grabs the mega badass sword only for the blade to crumble to dust.

8one6
May 20, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

I bet they would have folded BTAS, JLU, and SuperFriends in if they had the time and money.

They basically did, what with having Kevin Conroy playing a live action Bruce Wayne and also, the whole Hall of Justice/Gleek teaser in the final episode.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Look at this. This is like a loving Renaissance painting.

8one6
May 20, 2012

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

an essential one

in ARK, it's entirely possible for other players to drop you naked in a pit and just leave you there, in order to be rear end in a top hat trolls and/or go raid your poo poo while you're incapacitated. the easiest way to kill yourself and respawn? poo poo like crazy and devour your own fecal matter until you poison yourself to death.

And this is why I never got into ARK.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Barudak posted:

Im with you. It was an absolute nothing of a movie. Exactly as memorable as that Conan reboot nobody watched

I distinctly remember the act of watching the Conan reboot but I couldn't tell you a goddamn thing about it.

8one6
May 20, 2012

MrBling posted:

Has there ever been an actual attempt at making movies out of the Dragonlance books?

It just seems odd that you have all these books and as far as I can tell all that has happened is someone made a really bad animated movie about 10 years ago.

The books aren't good and since it's D&D the license is a tangled loving nightmare.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me that the animated movie killed any interest in a live action adaptation.

8one6
May 20, 2012

https://youtu.be/Z8ESXMnn3FY

Apparently this has been sitting on the shelf for a while.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Jose Oquendo posted:

Yeah if you have Marisa Tomei as your lead and don't make it a comedy, you've hosed up big time.

Marisa Tomei as Golden Oldie is how the MCU is going to introduce Galactus.

8one6
May 20, 2012

galagazombie posted:

Why the hell would you bring back an unloved character from movie so bad and disliked it killed the franchise and forced Sony to share Spider-Man with Marvel. That's like if in The Dark Knight they brought back Schwarzenegger as Mister Freeze.

I think you'll find that once he became Electro he was the best part of ASM2.

Also Schwarzenegger as Mister Freeze in The Dark Knight would have been amazing!

8one6
May 20, 2012

Snowman_McK posted:

what profit driver is that? Not having a go, I just can't work out what you're referring to.

I'm assuming they're referring to the theme parks which in non-covid years make orders of magnitude more money than the movies and TV side of the business.

8one6
May 20, 2012

What exactly would you loose if the developers made the game more accessible by offering a map you, personally, could choose to not use?

8one6
May 20, 2012

Ego-bot posted:

Is the robot going to identify as latinx?

This time it's the robot that's going to be the offensive stereotype.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Gonz posted:

This stealth Phantasm reboot looks promising.

Now I'm disappointed it's not this.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Payndz posted:

One of the USPs of the Bond series - the globetrotting glamour - has been wiped out by cheap flights and HD documentaries and travel shows. Wherever he goes, odds are it's somewhere you've already seen. (Top Gear has been more adventurous than recent Bond films.) Another has gone from "stunts and setpieces you've never seen before" to "stunts and setpieces you've never seen before in a Bond film" because they're playing catch-up to every other action movie.

Part of me feels like Bond should embrace the 1960's spy stuff but then it's just Austin Powers without the jokes.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

How long is this derail about a 2006 film going to continue in the upcoming movies thread

Long enough to get someone to unironically suggest Zack Snyder should direct an Avatar reboot.

8one6
May 20, 2012

I'll take "Washed up talentless chuds" for $1000

8one6
May 20, 2012

Chairman Capone posted:

About a decade ago there was a "sequel"/reboot of The Naked Gun announced with Ed Helms starring as Frank Drebin Jr.

Never been happier for a movie to be trapped in development hell. Actually I think the movie Helms went on to do instead was Vacation which used that exact same formula.

I'm pretty sure the only funny part of the Ed Helms Vacation movie was the trailer pointing out reboots suck and kids don't care about the original vacation movies.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Xarbala posted:

Let's keep this thread going for literally no reason other than spite

8one6
May 20, 2012

Mierenneuker posted:

Nobody Greenlighted 2021: Watching Tenet in the theater left me breathless.

I'm going to go ahead and declare this the winner.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Chairman Capone posted:

It's still really funny the things Lucasfilm PR threw at Lord and Miller after the fact to justify their firing. Things like them trying to bring comedy to Star Wars or giving the actors advice...

The thing I remember from that was Emilia Clarke admitting she didn't know what film noir or a femme fatale was.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Hedge Stop: Gaming Funds

8one6
May 20, 2012

The last Shyamalan movie I watched was After Earth and after that, Lady in the Water, The Village, etc I was pretty much done with his films.

8one6
May 20, 2012

AceOfFlames posted:

Why is a woman who wants to kill dogs more evil than every other villain who wants to kill humans?

Why is killing dogs to make a coat wrong and killing a cow for that same purpose isn’t?

I never understood the discrepancy.

That's bait dot gif

8one6
May 20, 2012

The only thing I might describe as off-putting in Detective Pikachu would be that mime pokemon that totally mime-burned to death, but that's only because it's a bit dark for a kids movie.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

but do they have like a HQ

Yeah, but it's in Cincinnati of all places.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Who's to say they didn't spend $100mil on on ice last quarter.

8one6
May 20, 2012

joylessdivision posted:

Where's my Spelljammer movie you loving cowards!

Seconded.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Asterite34 posted:

Dark Sun gets the R-rated action movie (ideally directed by George Miller), Spelljammer gets the kids' cartoon show, Eberron gets the Amazon Prime series, and Planescape gets the prestige miniseries. Deal?

Yes to all of these. Time to call in that life debt Bezos owes me.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

I honestly wonder if hollywood studios re releasing classic movies from the archive with chinese cuts that are just Chinese actors inserted is gonna be a thing

Pay for the likeness rights of a local actor and hire them to do some ADR and then just deepfake their face on the old performance. Easy way to localize the movie.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Justin Lin made a comedy about the studio trying to recast Bruce in 2007 called Finishing the Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

He was also great in Horizon: Zero Dawn