Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

It smells a bit like someone went "we need a young female Asian character" and picked the first character on the list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

As much as people talk about that scene, I think the follow up is so much better.

"We're leaving!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8YObV6i_Yc&t=47s

The way Fishburne delivers it is perfect.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Len posted:

It's probably been mentioned but Artemis Fowl drops the 12th

When I read the first book back in junior high it said soon to be a movie so it's about drat time

The movie doesn't look much like the first novel sadly.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

gently caress yeah.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

Was that the second or third one? The second one was trash for sure, and I just wanna know if I can rightfully continue to snub the third one

The second one. The third one is actually decent.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

The suits saw what happened with the New Mutants and decided not to risk making a promise they'd have to walk back.

5 DAYS.

I never thought I'd live to see the day *wipes a single tear away*

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

Is it known where the mythical additional hell footage was supposed to show up? Was it just going to be more in the video they see?

Because honestly, the length of that whole sequence is pretty much perfect as is. From the moment where we hear it start but only see the shocked reactions of two crew members, to the chaotic montage that makes you think even the movie thinks it's *wrong* to really show what is going on, to Fishburne's priceless reaction. More self-cannibalization or whatever is supposed to be there would kind of gently caress up the flow.

It's really easy to cross over from it being horrifying into just plain disgusting.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Red Planet has also aged like milk because everything about it just exudes “early 00’s try hard edgy sci-fi”. It also found a way to waste Terance Stamp by killing him off in the first half hour just so Kilmer and Sizemore can spout wooden dialogue to a bunch of nobodies.

Having watched it recently I got the feeling they got Stamp in the spacesuit and he just sat down and refused to do more work, because that's pretty much how he goes out in the film.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

I'll never understand the gigantic hate boner some people have for that film.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Roth posted:

Visually, there's an action sequence where some of the soldiers the Spartans fight are literal strawmen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0xSqLrG-ow

Christ the CGI blood looks horrendous.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

The Klowner posted:

but all of his movies are grandiose and up their own asses. he also probably can't get it up without reading the fountainhead beforehand and calls his wife "ayn" in bed

Wouldn't say that about his Dawn of the Dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Speaking of Eternals.

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1448343273668370432?s=20