Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I wasn't expecting Chris Rock to pop back up in a Saw movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

duz posted:

Also Sonic randomly calls Jim Carrey Dr. Eggman twice for no reason, otherwise it's all Dr Robotnik.
He calls him Eggman as an insult.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I respect his drive to redeem himself, but at the same time, I'm a little worried he's gonna be typecast in his late fifties as The Guy Who's Seen Some poo poo because his forehead will look like raw hamburger.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
posted in the wrong thread, sorry

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

The Turok comics are especially interesting because despite the pulpy premise, they were interested in being as historically and scientifically accurate as possible—to the degree that in between issues were educational sections about anthropology and paleontology filled with the best knowledge of the time aimed at younger readers. Obviously most of it is incredibly dated now, but it's surprising that they really tried to treat the dinosaurs like animals and were (relatively) respectful to Native American cultures in their research and depictions.

There were also primitive tribes in the valley (which were somewhat problematic) that could serve an interesting function in the story, especially because Turok had a bow and arrow and the ability to make fire, which made him significantly more technologically advanced than them.
I got Turok: Dinosaur Hunter as a three-year-old (my parents didn't pay attention to the age rating) and I had no clue the original comic was this grounded. Kinda wish I had some of them as a kid now, even if I probably wouldn't have remembered the things I read about in the educational segments.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

AceOfFlames posted:

Given that over at DC Comic we already had Flashpoint turning Thomas Wayne into Batman and him later turning evil and teaming up with Earth-1 Bane and Jor-El turning out to be alive, evil then sort of ambiguous, I'm shocked Marvel hasn't tried to bring back Uncle Ben in some way (I think they once brought back a clone or something).
There was one version of Uncle Ben who became his universe's Spider-Man, but he didn't exactly have a starring role.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

broke: Shia sequel continuation! "BOOoOOOOO"

broker: Sia remake "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
After what happened with Music, I'd be pissed off at a Sia remake, too.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

The MSJ posted:

That game somehow made the orcs appear so human while your main character is a terrifying mind-rapist running a two-person orc illuminati.
No joke, they're half the reason why orcs are my favorite commonly used fantasy race. I really love how reactive they are to everything you do, and I feel some remorse every time I accidentally shame one into insanity.

I feel kind of bad for Celebrimbor, though. From what I hear, he's much more decent in the Silmarillion, but in the Middle-Earth: Shadow games, he's a raging dickhead. An entertaining raging dickhead, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I had no idea they were doing an adaptation of Universe Sandbox 2.