Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

I saw Fighting with my Family on vacation and while it's basically a WWE puff piece I can't say anything really bad about it. Wholesome family movie that avoids easy, cliched villainy and really makes her story about her own personal struggle.

Also it was kind of funny remembering the other day why the actress who played Amy in the new Little Women seemed so familiar. She's Paige in this movie.

Yeah it's a solid sports underdog drama with some comedic bits. I don't really have any complaints against it, but it ranked pretty low on my end of the year list because, outside of the performances, it's not very strong outside of it's specific genre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Sleeveless posted:

This is embarrassing, both for yourself and everyone forced to scroll by it.

This is it. You are unpleasant. You obviously do not like CineD. You only participate to be an rear end in a top hat. You are a constant poo poo-talker. You are a lazy headache. You show no signs of trying to be a better poster. I have talked to Admins. You are officially no longer welcome to post in any thread in CineD. If you post in any thread in CineD, you will be banned immediately.

:siren: Sleeveless is officially banned from participating in any thread in Cinema Discusso. If you see Sleeveless or any other Guy Mann alt account posting in CineD, report him immediately. :siren:

Sleeveless is going to eat a probation again, so this ban will go into effect after the probation ends.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Hello.

Bigoted language is bigoted language. I won't allow slurs of any size, great or small, to be tossed around. Not for irony, not for humor, not for sarcasm, and especially not any sincere reasons for it.

A person is not born to a country with a predetermined ethnicity. There are black French people, there are Germans with Japanese heritage, there are Australians of Latin descent. Ethnicity and cultures do not know the bounds of countries.

To presume that a slur that is offensive to others and isn't offensive to you is a personal problem. If you live in such an egocentric mentality, you need to do some self reflecting, and not here, online, in a forum. Especially a thread as specific as new movies being announced.

WeedlordGoku69, I'm an expert in these things. You are indeed having a meltdown. You'll be taking time away from the forums to reflect on this.

Since a probation against someone using a slur has taken the attention for this thread, I don't think we need this thread right now. Congrats everyone. Take a break and hope that this thread will open up again, or you can maybe get a nice new thread sometime soon. Shame to end it on such a note, but that's what we get when we try to have others carry the weight of the chip on our shoulders.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Grendels Dad posted:

edit: What a lovely last post after Fran's, I'm sorry

Clearly we all make mistakes.