Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I feel like that was a movie also made carefully to not step in the wreckage of all the western tropes blazing saddles made into laughingstocks. Like there was a time like a hundred or more western movies were coming out per year and there was like 40 western tv shows on the three channels that existed on tv. And they had these super huge fanbases and were all tropey as hell, then began to lose steam, became almost dead, then blazing saddles kicked every single sacred cow and made every single thread that was still hanging on fall off and no one could ever make the old style of western ever again. Every western after that had to do everything it possibly could to distance itself from old westerns and even retroactively everyone stopped talking about or thinking about any classic western that wasn't the ones that were different from the others of the time.

Eh, Tombstone would disagree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Let's go full horrific and have Rob Zombie direct it.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
And yet we can't get a decent adaption of the Prydain Chronicles.

I'm wishing that one had been done by Don Bluth, circa 1981. Though, looking at the Black Cauldron, maybe he already did?

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Young Freud posted:

Michael Pena is both Mr. Rourke and Tattoo.

Should have cast Benedict Cumberbatch.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Grendels Dad posted:

Indiana Jones and the Explanation Why He Isn't Immortal Despite Drinking from the Holy Grail.

That's the funny thing that they take "if you drink from the cup of Christ, you will have eternal life" to mean literally staying alive on Earth if you drink from Jesus' personal cup. It's obviously a metaphor saying that if you live as Christ teaches you will live eternally in Heaven.

Though I suppose that's what movies do with most non-Christian religions and their artifacts, so I'm ok with it essentially being magic.