Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

Chairman Capone posted:

I remember the local video store when I was a kid had a copy of Deepstar Six and the cover terrifying me. Never saw the actual movie but from what I heard it's not as good as what scared kid me imagined it would be like.

Those old boxes were great because being a kid you knew nothing and often werenít allowed to rent from that section anyway. Having digital copies of everything really sanitizes my collection until I reload Plex and all those glorious covers come back and sell me on watching some old poo poo again.

And some day, some day I will watch Ghoulies. Probably the most tempting VHS case ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

Gatts posted:

Indiana Jones love interest Marion was under age when they had a relationship and he left her, something she complains about to him by saying she was young when they meet in her bar. She was 15. Indiana Jones is a pedophile. According to the novelization.

Also itís in Lucas and Spielbergís notes between the coke stains.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

Tars Tarkas posted:

Alita was shockingly good and I regret doubting it because of the big eyes even though the big eyes are still weird to me. The film is good enough it surpasses having comically big eyes on a main character to be a great action film with great characters and Alita outright rejecting the replacement daughter trope. It made $404 million worldwide but the budget was around $170 so that's not enough in Hollywood math.

If it were a financial ďsuccessĒ what lesson would they learn from it?

Not the right one I would wager. Still seems like dodgy math from a gambling addictís mind though.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

The MSJ posted:

I remember The VVitch getting a really low Cinemascore, if not an outright F.

I blame witches

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

Alan Smithee posted:

this twitter thread is super good if you haven't seen it

Poland has a rival

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

got any sevens posted:

Repo Man shared universe?

Our universe has super villains with an orb

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

Basebf555 posted:

I watched Brotherhood of the Wolf for the first time in years just this past week and it's extremely good. So I'll probably watch that one again at some point.

I loved that movie when it came out I should catch up with it now that itís 18

Also re: fifth element dvds and the wastebin

The Rifftrax has zero reverence for it.

And lol if you didnít know about Luc Basin

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

Matrix IV will have Russian strongman as antagonist instead of decadent elfs

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Agent Smith spinoff where he, I dunno, ends up in the Digital World and learns to love Digimon.

Pokťmon is eggs I guess and digimon is the not eggs. Sad shapeless snotty uneggs.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

They couldn't even find a way to shoehorn mon into the name. Sad.

Monozygote double yolkers, now in paste form. Dull, gallium flatware extra.

And yes I did enjoy Digimon back in the day

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

Timby posted:

It was actually really very good, but it definitely hit a few bad lows in terms of quality here and there.

The reason it got canceled by BBC America was that absolutely no one in the world was watching it, which was somehow a step down from the first season, which merely no one was watching.

Yeah I liked both seasons and donít get why people criticize it.

Maybe faithful readers thought it diverged? It was fun throughout but idk if I need more of it

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

FreudianSlippers posted:

Both America and France are imperialist powers ruled by crusty perverts that think they're world police and are full of loud obnoxious assholes who think they shouldn't need to learn any other languages because they speak the global language of the most exceptional and important country in the world. The only difference is that the Americans sort of have a point about the last one.

Something something lingua franca

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

Alhazred posted:

Or you could watch the Last Boy Scout which is actually good.

Still relevant

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

The MSJ posted:

The directors created a series called Snowfall on FX. It's about a 1980s LA coke dealer family and also the CIA.

Arrested Development is getting a prequel?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

Pope Corky the IX posted:

They didn't even throw Jared Leto a bone for this one. I find it hilarious that everybody has already forgotten that he played the Joker a few years ago.

Oh yeah the bad Mr Cool Ice cosplay guy. He was in that? Huh.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

dr_rat posted:

Triangle aspect ratio or death! We demand less sides not more!

Like who doesnít have an interocitor

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

Tars Tarkas posted:

less "Who greenlit?" and more "They actually finished it???!!!"

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1229955588253155328

ĒwikipediaĒ posted:

The main scenes for Grizzly II: The Predator were completed, but before special effects featuring a huge electromechanical bear could be used, the executive producer, Joseph Proctor, disappeared with all of the funds, with some sources saying that he was jailed during the time of the filming. Filmed footage of a live bear, however, attacking a live rock concert, was shot in Hungary.

Ahh that explains it

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

Casimir Radon posted:

It's dumb but it's not like there's any appreciable difference between the KGB and FSB.

Also the current and future president of the not USSR was KGB and Iím sure he rolled his eyes when they had to change the letterheads for glasnost.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

Gonz posted:

Indiana Jones directed by David Lynch.

Set design by H.R. Giger via a Ouija board.

The scene of Willie reaching into a bit of the Temple of Doom to try to save Indy and Short around is gonna have a whole different vibe.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

Detective No. 27 posted:

Fun fact a true crime author/researcher told me once. The best place to get away with murder is a cruise ship.

Safe money is on the officers.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

I donít think this is the place to link your deviantart page.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

Alan Smithee posted:

Did he have a family

Yeah he dropped the old 50s casual misogyny and replaced it with some kind of Family Circus reform misogyny.

Waifu and kids join in the criminal enterprise.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

DC Murderverse posted:

yeah it's a pretty common belief that, even if they're not secretly wealthy, most homeless people who are asking people for money are making like, mid-to-high 5 figures a year and have a home and are just lazy which is why you shouldn't give them money, and i'd be willing to bet that 95% of the people who believe that are also big fans of destroying the social safety net. it's definitely a belief you hold to justify your actions.

Certainly a weird thing to mix up with probably a just world theory as well

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

Funny because Avatar 2-4 has been in production long enough to vote, and NZ is where you secretly move your assets to avoid this kind of thing.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

Ego-bot posted:

The last time I was at a drive-in was in 1994. I watched Speed and True Lies. Probably won't ever have a movie night as good as that again.

I saw Speed at the dentist.

Fully high on nitrous with these goggles strapped on.

The theater was in my mind.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

You suck the one and eat the other.

Yes, rear end is a genital.

I remember seeing Sammy the Way-Out Seal at a drive-in, in between disturbing smacking sounds from the front seat.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

got any sevens posted:

Also Emily Blunt!

And Bill Paxton as the dropship sergeant, the role he was born to play!

quote:

Anyone else seen Russian Doll?

I loved it but I'm a sucker for Natasha Lyonne and that certain aloneness you get when every day is exactly the same.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

CelticPredator posted:

He literally just did in the post above you.

But in all seriousness he did hunt for the wilder people which owned. He probably just doesnít need to work and will just do a lame Jurassic movie when he needs a few bucks.

Also he was doing Peaky Blinders for a bit.

Decent enough show and certainy more entertaining than some movies.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

Casimir Radon posted:

I forgot about Twilight, of course so did everyone else it seems. I suppose The Maze Runner finished too I guess.

If being made counts, Ender's Game exists.

Lot of franchise potential there. Kids'll love it.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

Casimir Radon posted:

I was referring to YA franchises that turned into abortive attempts at film series. The early 2000s was full of YA attempting to follow the Harry Potter formula. Alex Rider, one movie. A Series of Unfortunate Events, died after one film, redone on Netflix, don't know how that went. Percy Jackson, two movies then dead. The Golden Compass, toned down to try and appease dumb fundies, died after one film, ended on a cliffhanger, wasted an amazing cast, rebooted very well on the BBC. Divergent, three movies that kept getting worse and worse critical and commercial results before dying.

There are a lot more Ender books than Harry Potter books though? I have no idea what they intended but if it was wildly successful they'd have had a lot of directions to go.

Also, A Series of Unfortunate Events was pretty good as a tv show.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

smug jeebus posted:

Michael Moorcock wrote a book in the 70s about an African warlord who conquers the US and forces all of the white people into re-education camps. It seemed to me a bit extreme when I first came across it 20 years ago but now? Dude might have been on to something.

I met a guy who was really into this and outlined the whole plot to me on a train ride. They use lighter than air ships to invade. Hurricanes for cover, in case anyone wants to try this (I had to ask)

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

CelticPredator posted:

At the time thatís about it. And yes there was a brundle fly but it didnít look like goldblum.

I had it and it owned. I had my own alternate ending where he became a super hero and killed all the bad guys lmfao

Canít believe you wouldnít make a TMNT crossover where he meets Baxter Stockman.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

Davros1 posted:

That's got to be a shock to discover in the movie he's essentially the villain.

Same thing with Ghostbusters and Slimer

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

SCheeseman posted:

At least Slimer wasn't a pedophile.

Never occurred to me that bj was grooming Lydia. Does this mean Little Monsters has the same problem or maybe Monsters Inc? How deep does this go?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Beetlejuice tries to coerce a minor into marriage in exchange for a favor.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

To this day I still have trouble accepting that Big Bad Beetleborgs actually existed and wasn't just some weird half-remembered fever dream I had when I was a kid.

This, but for Starship Troopers. Man that was an experience.

See I read Starship Troopers first and was upset the movie didnít have power armor but had Casper van Dien instead. All the other horrible poo poo Verhoeven left out was fine though and turning it into hilarious satire was obviously way better than genocidally racist military robots and fetishistic child abuse played straight.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

Casimir Radon posted:

Jessica is a Bene Gesserit, which as I recall have some sort or resistance to aging. I think it's fine.

Having control over micro muscles would probably be like permanent botox.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

beauty fish

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

FlamingLiberal posted:

Seinfeldís comedy was awful in the 90s, i donít even want to imagine what itís like now

He owes Larry David his career

I would challenge anyone to read Sein Language. Written at what should have been his creative peak filled with his A material.

Just wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

Iíve read shampoo instructions that were more entertaining and insightful but ymmv