Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

PriorMarcus posted:

I've watched all of Friday Night Lights and love it dearly and I honestly can't think of a single season two event that carries over.
Didn't two of the characters literally murder someone during season two?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Punkin Spunkin posted:

All the emphasis on the ending of GoT is always kinda missing the point to me, i guess people were waiting and waiting for it to redeem the rest of the series but the problem with GoT isn't the ending it's that the last 3 (or 4) seasons were almost entirely garbage.
I was never bothered by the stupid ending, those final seasons are full of episodes worse than the ending. By the time the ending came around it had been a mediocre to bad show for a whiiiiile. It never really felt like the ending ruined it or was particularly bad.
My absolute favorite thing about GoT was the part in season five where they have a very special flashback to set up Cersei's prophecy thing from some random swamp witch and it set off all the book obsessed people since that is one of the big fanfic mysteries in the novels and then they didn't ever pay off the only part of the prophecy that anybody who knew what it was or were excited by the scene cared about.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

QuoProQuid posted:

It's the writing that entered a nosedive, which ultimately dragged down everything else.
It is amusing in retrospect that all of the characters who, in the first three seasons, were primarily defined by being 'smart' basically stop doing that once the producers run out of book.

Tyrion, Varys, Littlefinger and even bit people like Bran and Davos pretty much lose all direction and have to figure out new identities for the last half of the show.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the fact that there is apparently a character named Demon Bear in this film? That sounds like the title of some cheesy 80's b-movie, not the intimidating villain of a big-budget studio release.
You'll find that the broader X-Universe in comics also contains Native American characters literally named Warpath and Scalphunter so...

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Alan Smithee posted:

I didn’t even realize it but it reminds of the 90s Wonder Woman pilot where she like works at a cosmetics firm or something
PANTS TO BE DARKENED