Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

JJ is not some auteur hamstrung by the big evil studio from making “the movie he always wanted to make!”,

That is definitely what sinks 90% of any of these stupid arguments. This isn't "Josh Trank is doing his 2nd studio film and Fox absolutely cuts Fan4stic to ribbons." This is loving JJ Abrams. Sure Disney probably made changes but it's not a completely different movie out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

Does everyone want the sequel? Does anyone, anymore? I feel like everyone kinda moved on.

Are you telling me you weren't excited about the two long rear end cutscene only trailers featuring no characters you recognized and nothing that really made it seem like it was even set in the same universe except for talking animals?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

ALFbrot posted:

"On February 5, 2015, Open Road Films acquired the US rights to Mass Animation's animated film Blazing Samurai scheduling it for an April 14, 2017 release"

lol it's been in the works for so long it stars Michael Cera

Even after reading Wikipedia earlier and this new news, I can’t tell if this movie has even had the animation done yet or not. Like is all this hot potato with the rights because it’s in post or have they not even started yet?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Ultimately BSG ended good enough, but it was the last 2 minute-ish postscript scene that just completely turned me against it. You had something great where all the character beats ended well and you poo poo all over it with a final scene where the characters grab the camera and look straight in going DO YOU GET IT? DO YOU SEE THE PARALLEL???????

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Just make this into the full length adult Mega man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w6i70ztZKY

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

I bet the second two Pirates movies have some interesting streamlined fan edits out there. They're like Jackson's King Kong, a lot of good in them but just so ridiculously self-indulgent and stuffed to excess.

The fact that 2 and 3 are 151 and 168 minutes is loving insane. Spoilering just because I want everyone to guess how long they were because you'll STILL underestimate it.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

The Virgin Nolan vs the Chad Cameron, who will complete Avatar 2 and 3 then just go "I made two perfect movies, see them or don't" then return to deep sea exploration without a care in the world.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I’m excited to see Avatar 2+ but it will never occupy a second more in my brain than when I’m in the theater or if (like now) I happen to see someone else mention it. I will see it in IMAX 3D, enjoy some cool visuals and sounds like the amusement park ride it is, and then never have to think about it again.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

This sick gently caress tried to get the appropriately titled Animation 2021 thread closed, keep the name out of spite

I don’t have a horse in this race, but this is absolutely the right call

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Cythereal posted:

Common assumption is that he's either Johnny Cage not yet going by that stage name, or he's actually Kuai Liang, the second Sub-Zero.

He wins the tournament, the final scene is him showing his ID to the Outworld staff to claim his prize and they say “you should go by your real name”.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

PenguinKnight posted:

why would they even bother making a us version

our train infrastructure is poo poo

Protagonist when it seems all hope is lost: *cocks gun* "Guess it's finally infrastructure week"

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Sylvia?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olXYZOsXw_o

Jesus christ, this looks like a cross between Ready Player One and Detective Pikachu in all the worst ways. I did not need to think about "real" CGI versions of the toons.

ALSO RYAN COOGLER IS A PRODUCER ON THIS!!??

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Gonz posted:

47 Ronin & Martin’s Laugh In

I am old.

Sake it to me, baby!

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

From the mind of a guy who knew a guy who paid a bunch of money got the rights to say Quentin Tarantino!

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

The Event was funny because every time something would happen you would ask yourself, was this supposed to be "The Event" but the answer was always no.

No, it wasn’t just “you ask yourself”. The literal commercials went “<situation> *dramatic music* was NOT The Event” and then repeat for at least one to two other things.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Die Hard 4 had Timothy Olyphant. Die Hard 5 didn’t (and also had Jai Courtney). Therefore Die Hard 4 is better, case closed.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Some information was revealed for Matrix 4 at CinemaCon tonight. The film's official title is Matrix Resurrections.

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-matrix-4-matrix-resurrections-cinemacon-trailer-reveal-warner-bros
Legitimately my reaction when I read that.

It's kind of like the stupidest possible title but also the only title it ever could have been.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Neo gets his memories back and then just goes "boy, I sure am tired of all these Matrix resurrections"

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Where the gently caress is waluigi

Wario and Waluigi stinger scene or gtfo

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Was Sin City 2 better or worse than The Spirit?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Shageletic posted:

I used to hang out in this film forum called Chud .com where the guy who ran it, Nick Nunziata or something, in 2004!, said he was going to produce the movie Meg.

That terrible movie took 15 yrs to get filmed. Hollywood is crazy.

One of my favorite early internet sites from around that time was Coming Attractions (url was something like Corona?). They just had a super long list of movies and I always liked reading updates on the ones classified as “Development Hell”. And The Meg is absolutely like the only one I still remember from that era.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Literally lol from me for EXCLUSIVELY IN THEATERS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NU-STboFeI
Hell yes, a new fun stupid Michael Bay movie to enjoy poo poo blowing up and what's that? You want me to show empathy that there's a cop on the ambulance and both sides are going to extreme lengths to not let him die? Eh, pass.