Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Lloyd Kaufman’s next movie is an adaptation of Shakespeare’s the Tempest. The last time he tackled the bard, we were blessed with Tromeo & Juliet, probably one of the greatest pieces of cinema ever created. To say I’m excited for this is an understatement.

Both of these trailers are ridiculously :nws:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJLoyTW68Nw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egGBrd0_s3Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Jordan Peterson’s Candyman: You brought this on yourself because you don’t clean your room with your bootstraps.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Darthemed posted:

Hogan had Santa with Muscles, Mr. Nanny, and Thunder in Paradise. Schwarzenegger had Commando (debatable qualification) and Kindergarten Cop. Did Stallone manage to dodge out on this?

Over the Top

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

It doesn’t help that it’s beat for beat what happens in Spaceballs when they get to Spaceball City (illegal parking, infiltration, etc.)

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

lol if you don’t think Disney’s going to announce at least a half dozen Star Wars related projects throughout the year.

Also, way to complain and continue the conversation in the same breath. That’s not hypocritical at all, no siree.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The score for mother! was fantastic in its minimalism. I still want to hear the original piece that Johann Johansson wrote, but what we got in the film was a brilliantly raw version that Johansson bravely striped down to its essentials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn3ZZycD9rI

And just like that, I redeemed a worthless sleeveless post.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

A24 is an exploitation house like Golan/Globus and it fuckin’ owns.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

An impressive looking log of poo poo is still a log of poo poo at the end of the day.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Jack & Jill 2, he gets DeNiro and Scorsese to do a Dunkacino commercial with Pacino and Kathy Bates.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Blazing Saddles didn’t kill the western, Easy Rider and the deconstruction of the American myth by disillusioned youth who saw the horrors of the war in Vietnam did.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Dolittle does less.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

*without Nic Cage

Really? Talk about letting the air out of the balloon.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I’m glad Martin Lawrence is getting a late career renaissance with this and the Beach Bum.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Alhazred posted:

Why? By all accounts he's a pretty terrible human being.

I know he’s bipolar and had really bad drug problems (like, having a manic breakdown and running through the streets naked with a gun bad), and he and Tisha Campbell had a falling out and went to court over sexual harassment issues on set, but according to Tisha herself, they resolved their personal issues and from the sounds of it, he’s getting the help he needs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BTPFaWxNY8

I’m not going to say he’s 100% back on track because I don’t know the dude personally, but if he’s doing right by his people and making the amends that he needs to, then hell yeah I want to see Martin get his recognition. That show was a huge part of my adolescence, I just wish Tommy was still around so he can catch some of the shine.

BIP Thomas Mikal Ford

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

SomeJazzyRat posted:

The problem with that are the notable and recent original, lady action films that failed-to-launch. E.g. Atomic Blonde and Proud Mary.

Not saying that I wouldn't love to see more movies about distinctly kickass women, driven by a distinctly female vision. But good luck getting Hollywood to look past both of those examples.

It really sucks because Atomic Blonde and Proud Mary were great and they just fell straight off the map. Widows should have been an oscar nominated movie, but because it’s about Liam Neeson and Jon Berenthal’s widows and not another paint-by-numbers heist movie, the old farts in the academy didn’t give a poo poo.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Sir Kodiak posted:

Disney owns the Muppet movies so they can remake all those using CG in place of puppets.

They already made a cg muppet babies.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

lol drat. WB really wanted Hamilton too. The Mouse strikes again.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The MSJ posted:

I miss the Honey I Shrunk The Kids TV show which I remembered as being quite insane. One episode had Wayne and his family travelling back in time to the Old West for a vacation and end up helping a friendly alien who eats with his butt. Another episode had them discovering a huge asteroid that is heading for Earth and when they teleported to its surface, they discover a community of humans who based their culture on Star Wars and is under attack by a giant spider. Also I remember them making the mom in the TV series hotter than in the movie.

That’s funny because I always thought the mom in the movies was way too hot for Wayne. I had no idea the actress passed away in 2014 from breast cancer. :smith:

If Disney does bring back that franchise, I hope Stuart Gordon gets a huge payday from it. I love the fact that the guy who made Re-Animator and From Beyond also made Honey I Shrunk The Kids.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Lobok posted:

"loving" Cesar Romero? As if he isn't an awesome Joker and perhaps the most comic accurate take on him yet? Moustache aside, that is.

:hai:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I wonder if they have some poor bastard manually resizing their content or if it’s automated and center cuts everything for a 9x16 aspect ratio.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Made this post in the comic book thread in regards to that smith tweet.

ruddiger posted:

Hundreds of years from now isn’t that far off considering what we know of civilizations and societies hundreds of years prior to now, the only way Smith’s scenario were to happen is if there was a massive event that caused millions of people in the first world civilizations to die off and the internet to disappear. The survivors would have to rebuild from the remnants and go to like, the Avengers Endgame Novelization because there would be no way to watch those movies on their obsolete medium.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I didn't understand any of that, but don't worry about it.

Did Thanos try to pick up Thor's hammer with that pimp glove?

Erik Larsen introduced a version of Thor in his comic, Savage Dragon, that has a Mjolinir that can only be picked up with a certain glove.

Picking it up without leads to fatal results.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

You can’t just leave it there what happens next

Does he regenerate his arm

Yeah, Dragon can regenerate limbs but it takes awhile

And even longer to regenerate muscle mass (this is from another time when Dragon had both arms torn off).

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Coaaab posted:

most of the world will call me a sucker for paying to post on an internet forum but i think it's paid itself off a hundredfold for keeping me off twitter

Wisdom.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The drive in experience kind of sucks, bluetooth audio would definitely help. I just googled and we've got 27 drive-ins in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

Have you seen the documentary At The Drive-In? It’s about one specific PA drive-in, I forgot it’s name but it’s a pretty good little doc.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

My Twitter Account posted:

I saw Grindhouse at a drive-in.

Nice, that’s a match made in heaven.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Last movies I saw in a theater were a double feature of Super Fuzz and Death Promise.

The double feature I saw in a theater before that were Day of the Dead and Death Wish III.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

They should’ve called it Big Boy and have it be a Dick Tracy prequel.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I hope they adapt the Marshal Law crossover.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Gonz posted:

Stallone just said on an IG Q&A session that he and Warner Brothers are currently in pre-production on Demolition Man 2.

I am giddy beyond belief.

Also, this:

I’d be more excited if his last Rambo movie wasn’t a lovely, racist, jingoistic piece of poo poo.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Gatts posted:

Isn't Anakin Palpatine's son too? I thought that was the whole point of the space opera "Tragedy of Darth Plageuis the Wise" scene. Star Wars is a family affair. That's part of it's thing.

So Rey and Ren are cousins? Did George RR Martin ghostwrite some of the new trilogy?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Leslie Jordan, is that the little guy who they keep pulling pranks on in Ski Patrol?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

Paul Blart Dumkopf

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm not really a Michael Bay critic but maybe he should read the room on this one.

It’s gonna be a vicious indictment on the conservative powers that be and the mob of sycophants that enable them, it’s going to be awesome, I can’t wait to watch it in a theater full of corpses like Heston does in Omega Man.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

MonsieurChoc posted:

Bay's movies are an incredibly dark satire of America. It doesn't matter if they're that way on purpose or on accident.

I mean, it’s been pretty obvious since Pain & Gain.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Ryan Gosling is my favorite Captain America.

2nd favorite is Dan Stevens.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Barudak posted:

I just want more Aquaman, dammit. Forget his fabulous friends, I want the man who can talk to fish! The craziest part about this post is none of this is ironic or in jest

I was pretty pumped when they announced the Aquaman deep ones spinoff movie if only so we could see more of the other undersea kingdoms.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I wonder what a Herzog/Kinski Joker movie would look like

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

:lol: if you think Disney is going to let another Alien movie happen anytime soon.

Maybe we’ll get a theme park out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Watch WB give Ridley the go ahead to make a space monster movie for them