Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

It was never worth watching, but also yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Super Bowl LV will be hosted in Pandora.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

My local amc has iP man 4

Good good or good bad

Haven't seen it yet, but from what I hear the action is a slight step back, but the plot/story is a big step forward.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

FreudianSlippers posted:

Wasn't the only reason they got a record deal in the first place that they were related to some industry legend record executive?

E: yep
Their dad/grandad (they're a uncle-nephew group) was Berry Gordy who founded an obscure little label called Motown.

Don't forget his greatest work, Berry Gordy's The Last Dragon!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Timby posted:

A short-form mobile video platform that Jeffrey Katzenberg dreamed up. It launches in a few months.

So, YouTube then? Genius.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Pee-wee Herman is apparently in talk with the Safdie bros to make a "dark" Pee-wee movie.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/pee-wee-hermans-dark-reboot-paul-reubens-is-ready-stage-a-comeback-1273962

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I just finished season 9 of Curb last night, maybe this means we'll get Fatwa! The Musical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDx3vnvSbm8

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncL4nNCz8Ec

Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jackie Chan, Rutger Hauer, Charles Dance and CGI dragons? Sign me the gently caress up!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

That actually sounds pretty cool, though I doubt it captures the magic of the Raiders remake.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Stupid humor is the only thing Borderlands has going for it. It was always going to suck, so Eli Roth seems to be a perfect fit.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

He played a pretty convincing nerdy dude in Eddie the Eagle.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Local paper says that Marcus theaters in Nebraska are closed now as of an hour ago.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Who's hyping Outbreak? It's always been considered dumb but moderately entertaining as far as I knew.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

The thing I'll never understand about the Doom movie is why they made it dumber than if they had more directly adapted the premise. There's a decent horror flick to be made out of the original Doom but they made it worse in every possible way.

The whole movie should have been shot like the first person sequence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmN1Xk1SdwQ

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

got any sevens posted:

What did that app do that ig/tik dont?

Charge a subscription fee.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I'm always going to give Sam Raimi the benefit of the doubt, but no way am I subbing to Quibi to find out.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Is it wrong that I was really hoping this was a Twins remake before I saw the text?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Lobok posted:

Not sure they're going to make a movie about a dude born a little person as a result of genetically being a piece of poo poo.

Swap the roles, have Momoa be a loser and Dinklage can be the suave, successful ladies man.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

House With a Clock in its Walls was surprisingly good I thought. Roth should try working within the PG-13 limits more often.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Julius CSAR posted:

Also I grew up with Flash Forward on Disney that he was in with the girl from Firefly

They were both pretty great in that from what I recall. I was a few years past the target demo, and it was the only Disney show I could bear to watch with my younger siblings. It's always a treat to see Foster show up and steal scenes in everything he's been in since then.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

No, clearly we are in the best timeline.

https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/1286017581137178627

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jul 23, 2020

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I never really watched the show, but didn't How I Met Your Mother catch a ton of poo poo for its ending?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Lid posted:

rip Journeyman

Journeyman was so good

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

But really i just want absurd comedies back, someone please bring back police squad tia.

They tried, it was called Angie Tribeca on TBS.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Lid posted:

That reminded me of Bruce Spence who seemed to be getting a big break in Hollywood as he was in both the Matrix sequels as the supposedly important Trainman and LOTR as the Mouth of Sauron. Seems he's still gotten work since then, but like a lesser version of Doug Jones.

He was great in the Xena-esque show Legend of the Seeker several years back. Pretty fun show based on some pretty lousy books.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Baron von Eevl posted:

You forgot vampire, he also claimed to be a literal vampire.

Anyway I think Tom Lennon would do a good Joe Exotic but that might be a little on the nose.

I think he'd be down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtHDM6D6jMQ

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

I recall reading a link posted here on SA that Nolan or some other person involved won't let Tenet be screened at Drive-ins, which is a dumb move.

Unless this was edited it shows Tenet at a drive in

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Pretty sure I saw the original on HBOMax while scrolling the other night.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Not so much the Snyder cut as the Snyder do-over at that point.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

That's long enough to save up for an 80-100" tv I guess, because RIP theaters.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Fartington Butts posted:

Kaya Scodelario was pretty good in Crawl given her entire goal in the movie was to swim good and dodge alligators.

Watched this not too long ago, and after like her third scene crawling around barefoot I remembered that Tarantino had it in his top 10 of the year list...

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

It's worth watching through the John Lithgow season which was the best (s4 maybe?) and after that it is straight up dookie.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Pirate Jet posted:

Is a private screening actually safe, or would the HVAC systems of movie theaters still make it a dangerous proposition?

No more dangerous than the office buildings a lot of us are still forced to go into every day. I wouldn't do it though.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I'll never get tired of hearing about him laying into Kevin Smith for not knowing basics about lenses.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Here's a brief summation from http://moviemezzanine.com/kevin-smith-a-conversation/2/ I've heard Kevin Smith bring this up a few different times on various podcasts and he always comes across as the rear end in a top hat

quote:

There’s a story Smith tells on one of those DVDs where he talks for four hours—I kid, he’s a funny motherfucker who can spin a yarn—but this particular tale sent me through the roof. He’s talking about day on Cop Out when he was explaining the setup of a shot to Willis, who quite reasonably asked his director which millimeter lens was on the camera, so he could modulate his performance accordingly. Smith had no idea what lens he was using, and Willis blew up on him in front of everybody on the set.

Of course it was all framed as yet another story about how Bruce Willis is a huge rear end in a top hat (a topic Kevin Smith still brings up at the drop of a hat, and one that will probably come as an enormous surprise to anyone who has never, ever read a single thing about Bruce Willis going all the way back to Moonlighting in the 1980s), but in this case, I think the rear end in a top hat was right. You are directing a $40 million picture for a major studio with a huge movie star—you’re captain of an enormous ship, in other words—and you don’t even know your lenses? This was Smith’s ninth feature film; at what point does the aw-shucks, I’m-just-like-you-guys, know-nothing persona just stink of laziness?

tbf Bruce Willis is also undeniably an rear end in a top hat, but Smith deserved that one

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Furiosa vs. Predator

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

A Predator and a Gentleman

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Predator

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Remember when they tried to restart the Bourne series with Renner? That was funny

E:f,b but it still makes me chuckle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Doggles posted:

This feels like DC trying to go after Marvel the same way Activision went after Harmonix: Oversaturate the market with Guitar Hero spin-offs that eventually overshadow and drown out Rock Band's occasional releases.

And to extend the analogy, all those lovely Activision GH games flooding the market pretty much led to the death of the genre. If a flood of lovely Batman movies manages to kill off the super hero genre for a few decades I'd consider that a win.